U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 09:56 AM

31,942 posts, read 14,727,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Again, it was not a "DM" contact, or anyone I commonly respond to at C-D. My wife posted a Facebook picture that provided my father's name, and a guy I've known to lurk around for the last several years was reminded to poke at me through a work-related (published in only one specific spot) address. Normally I don't heavily conceal who I am in real life, but the really bad thing is you can't notch that back later on the Internet.

I can't figure out why so many member besmirch the hard-working Border Patrol guys...
It's not about criticizing the hard working Border Patrol. That isn't what was said. It's about our government not letting them do the job they are supposed to do without the threat of getting fired or some other allegation. Therefore, it is all show on the part of our government not the Border Patrol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2013, 10:18 AM

5,302 posts, read 4,025,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It's not about criticizing the hard working Border Patrol. That isn't what was said. It's about our government not letting them do the job they are supposed to do without the threat of getting fired or some other allegation. Therefore, it is all show on the part of our government not the Border Patrol.
This is all wet. Border Patrol agents are deployed, fully doing their jobs, and not constrained to just letting illegal aliens simply pass by. I don't know how this has arisen (aside from "malamute" saying so), but I think there are several members that really need to experience the border firsthand (and then truthfully relate that here).

Old 07-03-2013, 10:25 AM

86,093 posts, read 70,173,862 times
Quote:
This is all wet. Border Patrol agents are deployed, fully doing their jobs, and not constrained to just letting illegal aliens simply pass by. I don't know how this has arisen (aside from "malamute" saying so), but I think there are several members that really need to experience the border firsthand (and then truthfully relate that here).
Their gas allowance got cut. That has impacted them from doing patrols. Border Patrol received $600 million in CUTS from the Fed. And Congress has not reinstated their money.

And even with those cuts and reduced patrols, apprehensions at the Texas border is up 50% in the first 8 months of the USG Federal fiscal year. I would imagine the number would be higher if they could put gas in their vehicles and do the patrols they used to do.

Border Patrol agents say fuel conservation due to budget cuts constrains work on Texas border | StarTribune.com

Old 07-03-2013, 10:44 AM

31,942 posts, read 14,727,274 times
Quote:
Here's an example of what I am talking about. Then there was the Ramos/Campion case and some rock throwing incidents that the BP was demonized over. Seams like this administration is hell bent on taking side with illegals rather than our BP. Border Security is all for show with our government.

Border Patrol Agent Jailed for Doing His Job - Illegal immigration - Zimbio

Old 07-03-2013, 02:14 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,353,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I agree, it takes a demented mind to stalk someone just because they don't agree with your views. I have had people stalk me on the internet and track my IP address. It is very unnerving and totally uncalled for. I would never do that to anyone.

I agree with you as most always. It does take a demented soul, to stalk someone who does not share their views! So goes the way of many these days that if you don't believe as they do, they will make your life a living hell. What part of freedom is this really!

If we can't agree to disagree on a level playing field, then what the hell good is it. Media included, and those who believe, we are all suppose to think and act the same. What a freaking boring world, it would be. And a sham.

Old 07-03-2013, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I agree with you as most always. It does take a demented soul, to stalk someone who does not share their views! So goes the way of many these days that if you don't believe as they do, they will make your life a living hell. What part of freedom is this really!

If we can't agree to disagree on a level playing field, then what the hell good is it. Media included, and those who believe, we are all suppose to think and act the same. What a freaking boring world, it would be. And a sham.
Cool, at least I have others identify the contact I received as "stalking", and that it is considered deviant behavior by most people...

Old 07-04-2013, 12:41 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,897,540 times
Quote:
You maintain that you don't see Border Patrol agents, and that they aren't doing anything, but there sure is many of them driving around...

I'll take some videos next time...
I'm seeing fewer driving around, but all the same, what good does it do to have them driving around when they cannot apprehend illegals once the illegal gets inside a few feet?

It's possible they can detain them if they catch them actually coming through the fence, but as you can see, once the illegal makes it to the highway which is just yards from the fence, they are free to do whatever they please.

And the border agents driving around are doing absolutely nothing about the visa overstays which include those who obtain border crossing cards off the black market and get over here and head to all points north, east, and west.

Until they can start deporting those here illegally, more border agents accomplishes nothing. As long as the anchor baby problem isn't addressed, more border agents accomplishes nothing. As long as food stamps and free health care are available to all those coming to give birth here, border agents accomplishes nothing.

The Senate bill doesn't include any penalty for overstaying a visa, even an illegally obtained border crossing card, no deportation of illegals arriving since 2011, there is no teeth in this bill.

The border will continue to be a free-for-all, welfare recipient rolls will continue to skyrocket from the births of anchor babies.

For one I agreed with you and you're still not happy.

Old 07-04-2013, 01:14 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,897,540 times
Quote:
Bull --- border agents can no longer stop someone and verify citizenship or legal status. It seems they can only "profile" if they see someone climbing down from the top of the fence or coming through an opening cut in it.

I'm pretty sure you're aware of what happened in Arizona, the border agents were NOT apprehending illegals, and the administration came down very hard on local law enforcement that did.

You definitely are aware of those border crossing cards that people can buy on the streets in Juarez that cost just $149 if legally obtained, about $400 if bought off the black market. Illegals come over through the legal ports of entry with these visas, extremely few are ever fingerprinted to verify identity, the cards are collected after they successfully cross to be reused over and over.

You know there is nothing at all being done about that problem, all those who made it over are well inside the USA, no border agents are detaining them.

Why not have proof of the enforcement of the laws BEFORE they consider heaping rewards on illegals? Prosecute the employers of illegals, change the laws on anchor baby citizenship, stop giving food stamps and free health care to the parents here illegally. Prosecute those committing felony document fraud, and identity theft, deport them, and those other criminals like the drunk drivers, tax evaders, the dead beats who never paid their hospital bills. Then we can see what's left and see if any of them should stay.

Old 07-05-2013, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
...For one I agreed with you and you're still not happy.
Quote:
...I'm pretty sure you're aware of ...
Quote:
...You definitely are aware of ...
Quote:
...You know there is nothing at all being done about that problem...
You're back to patronizing me again, and apparently trying hard at it for some reason...

Old 07-05-2013, 03:30 AM

3,186 posts, read 5,486,652 times
Obama is not going to allow even a slap on the wrist of any illegals as long as he has anything to do with it...Name one real penalty any illegals have had since Obama took office?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or