U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 10:15 AM

635 posts, read 1,559,968 times

Advertisements

To the original poster,

Grouping people together who are in the business of smuggling drugs on the border and people cross who illegally for a better job and better life is simply absurd. This is one of the many scapegoats used against illegal immigrants.

Old 11-08-2007, 10:21 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,884,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
To the original poster,

Grouping people together who are in the business of smuggling drugs on the border and people cross who illegally for a better job and better life is simply absurd. This is one of the many scapegoats used against illegal immigration.
No its not. Many who smuggle the drugs do it as the payment of being smuggled here illegally. In other words they mule the drugs in order to get transportation accross the border. Many of the guys transporting illegals are also drug smugglers. It is all connected.

Old 11-08-2007, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ;1944387
Many who smuggle the drugs do it as the payment of being smuggled here illegally. In other words they mule the drugs in order to get transportation accross the border.
Do you have hard proof?

Old 11-08-2007, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
Pretend I am from Missouri and "show me".

mmm you have read the ceasefire agreement? Good, now quote the section that creates the no fly zone,

Thanks,

Great
Pretend its worth my effort and do it yourself.
It was a UN sanction. Agreed upon and enforced by USA and England. One of many. But one of the few UN sanctions that was actually enforced.
Unlike most UN sanctions I might add.

Old 11-08-2007, 10:46 AM

236 posts, read 399,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
Actually George Bush has killed more Americans than Al Qaeda has. 3,857 as of this morning, At least 28,327 U.S. troops have been wounded in action.

Let us keep our priorities straight, the illegal immigration problem is a small problem compared to the hundreds of years of terrorism against America that Bush as created. Your grandchildren's grandchildren are not as risk from Mexicans, they are from radical muslims.
How has Bush created hundreds of years of terrorism? Because of the Iraq war?? That is crap. I do not agree with the War but remember terrorism roared its ugly head on our shores before the war. And it will happen again and the Iraq war will not be the cause. Bush sent this country to war unprepared. The reason was just(IMO) but our leaders did not expect an uncoventional war and were not prepared for IED, suicide bombings, etc.
This government needs to put a stop to illegal immagration. Illegal Immagrants account for most of the drunk driving convictions in California, deaths associated to drunk driving, rapes, child molestations, illegal dumping. We have enough Legal criminals without adding the Illegals to the mix.

Old 11-08-2007, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Do you have hard proof?
Look it up. Its common knowledge. Many busted on the border carrying drugs have stated this to be the reason.

Old 11-08-2007, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ;1944654
Look it up. Its common knowledge. Many busted on the border carrying drugs have stated this to be the reason.
With all kindness and respect,

Do you have hard proof? This means statistical numbers, because you initially claimed many illegal immigrants smuggle drugs for cartels in agreement to gain illegal passage into the U.S.

Old 11-08-2007, 11:05 AM

1,900 posts, read 1,707,816 times
Quote:
Pretend its worth my effort and do it yourself.
It was a UN sanction. Agreed upon and enforced by USA and England. One of many. But one of the few UN sanctions that was actually enforced.
Unlike most UN sanctions I might add.
Did I ever tell you about the firemen who responded to the report of a woman who suffered a heart attack? When they responded they found her dead on the floor with a blown up cat in the microwave, They surmised that the cat got wet in the rain, the lady put the cat in the microwave to dry it, when it blew up instead she suffered a heart attack and died............. That is an urban myth, so is the story that the no fly zones were part of the Ceasefire agreement.

Quote:
How has Bush created hundreds of years of terrorism? Because of the Iraq war?? That is crap.
Bush has placed Christian armies in the second holiest area of the world to the muslims. He has killed thousands of muslims. It is true that the war between the muslims and the christians has gone on for 1400 years, but in the past few years the "terrorism" directed against the Americans was political, not religious. By invading the muslim world with a Christian army that was irrevocably changed.

The bitterness felt by a radical fringe of muslims has expanded to a much broader spectrum. As I am sure you know, the invasion of Iraq was a great recruiting tool for Al Qaeda, which was thrown on the ropes after the US invasion of Afghanistan. There were about 5,000 active members in early 2003, today it is estimated that there are over 20,000 members.

Anyone with a soap dishes knowledge of history would understand the utter fallacy of invading and occupying an Arab Country. The relatives and descendants of those killed by the Americans will not soon forget.

You will want to remember the old Arab saying, " Revenge is a dish best tasted cold".

Our Mexican brothers share our Judaeo Christian heritage. They are us, a bit left out of the renaissance and reformation, but nevertheless we share the same basic cultural heritage.

The Arabs on the other hand are not our brothers, a hornet's nest was kicked up by the invasion of Iraq, and you, your children, your children's children and their children are in danger. Once the Arabs settle their internecine conflict they will turn outward, against the West and the Americans.

Quote:
This government needs to put a stop to illegal immagration. Illegal Immagrants account for most of the drunk driving convictions in California, deaths associated to drunk driving, rapes, child molestations, illegal dumping. We have enough Legal criminals without adding the Illegals to the mix.

You may want to check the stats on African Americans vis a vis rates of crime compared to illegal immigrants.

Old 11-08-2007, 11:09 AM

Quote:
With all kindness and respect,

Do you have hard proof? This means statistical numbers, because you initially claimed many illegal immigrants smuggle drugs for cartels in agreement to gain illegal passage into the U.S.
Only whats reported in the news.
I know that 60 minutes did a show on it a few years back. I will indeed attempt to find something on the internet. Bare with me Its not my strength.
Many is a number of 3 or more in military terms.LOL

Old 11-08-2007, 11:13 AM

Take your time studfish, no ones going to castrate you if you can't find stats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or