U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 11-08-2007, 06:22 PM
 
Location: NM
402 posts, read 938,055 times
Reputation: 206

Advertisements

Quote:
Yeah, my back breaking days working sun up to sun down is not comparable to what it takes to pick lettuce. We had high school kids in MN de-tassling corn for $8 an hour. We put up a flyer at the high school, and had to turn some away because too many showed up. If you want to say Americans physically cannot do the same work as a Mexican, I say that is a racist and ignorant statement.

SimpleMan, I agree, It seems to me that GreatBasinguide, has a racist attitude towards white Americans in general.

 
Old 11-08-2007, 07:27 PM
 
Location: CA Coast
1,900 posts, read 1,706,920 times
Reputation: 350
Quote:
WOW....I always thought it was lettuce spray
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, my back breaking days working sun up to sun down is not comparable to what it takes to pick lettuce. We had high school kids in MN de-tassling corn for $8 an hour. We put up a flyer at the high school, and had to turn some away because too many showed up. If you want to say Americans physically cannot do the same work as a Mexican, I say that is a racist and ignorant statement.

SimpleMan, I agree, It seems to me that GreatBasinguide, has a racist attitude towards white Americans in general.
Dang, you know when I was a kid sometimes it was so cold I had to put on a jacket. There is a heck of a lot of difference between a kid working on a family farm and working year round, 6 days a week 10-11 hours a day, but, I don't have to justify anything, try it, ya'll. Get a job in the fields, try it. "Oh, I see what he means now!"

And, finally, if ya'll figure I am racist about whites, I do suggest increasing your all education level past middle school, stick some critical reasoning skills in there too.
 
Old 11-08-2007, 08:32 PM
 
Location: Helena, Montana
2,010 posts, read 2,041,880 times
Reputation: 780
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
And, finally, if ya'll figure I am racist about whites, I do suggest increasing your all education level past middle school, stick some critical reasoning skills in there too.
Saying that Mexican people can do work American people can't is a RACIST statement no matter how you figure it.
Now I have read some of your past posts indicating your family's business was in agriculture and your family indeed hires/hired illegals, is this true? If so that might help explain your viewpoint, even someone with a middle school education could see that. If you are involved with a company that is a major factor in encouraging illegals to come here, then it would only be natural for you defend them being here and justify breaking the law. I personally feel any laws passed to fine or shut down businesses that knowingly hire illegals is the key to ending our problem. If such businesses suffer great losses or go out of business, they're getting what they deserve.
 
Old 11-08-2007, 09:20 PM
 
Location: California
3,432 posts, read 2,156,404 times
Reputation: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
Saying that Mexican people can do work American people can't is a RACIST statement no matter how you figure it.
Now I have read some of your past posts indicating your family's business was in agriculture and your family indeed hires/hired illegals, is this true? If so that might help explain your viewpoint, even someone with a middle school education could see that. If you are involved with a company that is a major factor in encouraging illegals to come here, then it would only be natural for you defend them being here and justify breaking the law. I personally feel any laws passed to fine or shut down businesses that knowingly hire illegals is the key to ending our problem. If such businesses suffer great losses or go out of business, they're getting what they deserve.
I guess a lot of White Americans in the construction industry are racist!
 
Old 11-08-2007, 10:40 PM
 
Location: NM
402 posts, read 938,055 times
Reputation: 206
Quote:
Get a job in the fields, try it.
You are talking to a white American who was raised in the cotton fields, Orchards and vineyards in California and on the farms in Oklahoma I worked every bit as hard and fast as any illegal does today. Yes I would say you are extremely racist. But I can understqand if you are a businessman/ rancher/ farmer who employees these illegals why it is you want to put down the white American. It probably makes you feel a bit better about giving those jobs to people who will work for much less than we will, making your prfits go way up. So Go ahead keep telling yourself that we are uneducated and ner-do-wells if it makes you feel better.
 
Old 11-08-2007, 10:59 PM
 
Location: CA Coast
1,900 posts, read 1,706,920 times
Reputation: 350
California agriculture would survive without illegal labor, but you would not like it. The immediate effect would be a loss of production of about 50%. The economic dislocation of the economy of California would be discussed for years. There is a fair chance that you would lose your job, whatever it is and where ever in this country it is.

Another story; in high school my Cross Country running team was asked by a local lemon grower to go to work for him. We were a mix of anglos and Mexican kids. We were all fit, the Mexican kids laughed at us 'cause is whites worked so slow.

Now maybe you could keep up with them, but if your experience were anything but a statistical anomaly we would see whites working in the fields, and we don't. If I may quibble.

Quote:
you want to put down the white American
If you can make this statement based on what I have written, you really need to work on your critical reasoning skills.
Quote:
But I can understqand if you are a businessman/ rancher/ farmer
Actually, I am Greatbasin guide, I would have thought that would be self explanatory.

Quote:
So Go ahead keep telling yourself that we are uneducated and ner-do-wells if it makes you feel better.
Again, I challenge you, pick out any sentence or phrase I wrote that supports your statement. You see, the problem lies with beliefs and ideologies. Those with strong beliefs and or ideologies cannot admit any information to the contrary, all information must be "filtered" in order to sustain beliefs and ideology. While you are at it you could define your use of the term "we".
 
Old 11-09-2007, 07:44 AM
 
Location: Sacramento
13,755 posts, read 23,213,984 times
Reputation: 6087
Before this reaches the point of closing postings, giving infractions, and potentially suspending posting rights, this thread is closed.

QUIT COMMENTING ON EACH OTHER!!!
 
Old 11-10-2007, 12:56 PM
 
Location: new mexico
447 posts, read 705,862 times
Reputation: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Yeah I can see the mexican strategy now:

"Ok were going to take over America from the toilet up, we'll plant our anchor baby assassins behind their lines and in 5 generations they will surprise attack the Americans like a Jack in the Box and steal their value sized bag of freedom fries!!!

MOD CUT

when millions invade, and they have......i call that an act of war...maybe not by a government, but by it's people..and these colors red white and blue do not run

"accept the challenges so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory" george s. patton.


if protecting borders is wrong, then every nation is guilty.not just america.
 
Old 11-10-2007, 01:04 PM
 
Location: new mexico
447 posts, read 705,862 times
Reputation: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Utter nonsense. Who disputes it? The French, Russians and Germans? LOL The ones caught redhanded violating the oil for food program?
Or the Former Iraqi gov.?
The resolution was passed and accepted by the un and the world community.
I will agree with one thing. Iraq was never worth 1 drop of american blood. Nor was somalia yea I was there too.

ok..i'm lost.wasnt this the illegal immigration forum? i seem to have fallen into the twilight zone of the iraqi afghanistan war...and fail to see how i did it........help me please...how does the war overseas have anything to do with illegal immigration here?
oh yeah...19 illegals hijacked planes and killed thousands in less than a few hours time......got it.never mind.
 
Old 11-10-2007, 01:22 PM
 
Location: new mexico
447 posts, read 705,862 times
Reputation: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
How much per hour do you think an American would need to work these jobs? Now, what would that need to be to live in California (or any place with a high cost of living) for an American?

Mexicans get made fun of for living 3-4 families to a place, would Americans be willing to live 2 families to a unit, to work in the fields?

ok i see clearly now, when americans are all lumped into one group it is not considered racism....ok....do you think americans do not sometimes live with two or three families together for necessities sake?
mexicans do not hold the card on this, either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top