U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 01:33 PM

447 posts, read 706,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
Dang, you know when I was a kid sometimes it was so cold I had to put on a jacket. There is a heck of a lot of difference between a kid working on a family farm and working year round, 6 days a week 10-11 hours a day, but, I don't have to justify anything, try it, ya'll. Get a job in the fields, try it. "Oh, I see what he means now!"

And, finally, if ya'll figure I am racist about whites, I do suggest increasing your all education level past middle school, stick some critical reasoning skills in there too.

what???????? i wish you knew just who you were speaking to, i remember my mom and my granny telling me stories about the dust bowl and the move to california, the sharecropping they did, the dirt floor two room cabin that they lived in seven to the family..i remember my granny telling me about their hardships, and i have lived a few myself...and the insult about us being uneducated........i will simply consider the source.

Old 11-10-2007, 03:15 PM

1,900 posts, read 1,710,231 times
Quote:
and the insult about us being uneducated.
I am still working on this one, and just where did I state anyone was uneducated? This desire to find fault with the poster rather than with the problem is a problem.

And your family worked hard in the fields, and so did many other white folk from OK and AR, and does your family or their family still work in the fields? No, as they found something better to do,, leaving the field wide open (so to speak) for Mexican labor, which is precisely my point. Whites won't work in the fields, if there are enough legal citizens to work in the fields,,?,, well then, who is going to do it?
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or