Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 08:03 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,219,039 times

Advertisements

What makes moderation difficult is the posters who decide to try and be "cute" by hiding foul language in different ways, tread on the border between immigration and bigotry, and those who like to find different ways to "label" fellow posters.

I think posters who want to "educate" others on foreign language terms, insights into the fellow poster sentiments or education, or perceived deficiencies in some "specific" groups should use the DM process instead of posting. All that stuff is leading to is deletions, posting modifications, infractions, posting limitations, or worse.

I want folks to be able to have good open discussions and be able to appropriately get their sentiments out there for exchanges. However, when you get a gathering of folks, you inevitably get varying degrees of juvenile behavior too. It is a shame, they only reflect poorly on their own communication deficiencies.

Old 11-08-2007, 08:40 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
What bothers me is that a US helicopter carrying Law enforcement agents was fired upon. Had they returned fire and actually killed or injured one of the Drug mules our agents could have been charged with a crime..... What scares me is that our over whelming desire to keep the mexican gov happy out weighs the rights of our law enforcement to use deadly force to protect themselves. This is not the first time its happened. Perhaps a smarter plan would be to use some of the Air Guards UH1 helos armed with a minigun.
The messege sent would be loud and clear. Fire on a US aircraft and you will be killed.
I know some of you are horrified that anyone would talk about using deadly force on criminals. Better that the criminals die than our enforcement agents.

Old 11-08-2007, 08:42 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkman18 View Post
This would be considered an act of war by American leaders unless they were
cowards and traitors who had sold out to Mexican drug cartels and La Raza.
Mexican pot smugglers fire on helicopter near border
<http://www.azstarnet.com/sn/border/209344>
Tucson, Arizona | Published: 11.01.2007
YUMA - Smugglers who abandoned two truckloads of
marijuana along the Colorado River after crossing into the United
States fired shots at a helicopter carrying federal agents but
missed, authorities said.
Moderator cut: copyrighted article
we invaded iraq for a whole lot less.

Last edited by Yac; 12-14-2007 at 02:36 AM..

Old 11-08-2007, 08:51 AM

1,904 posts, read 2,441,300 times
Quote:
No, actually I think we shouldn't be in Iraq or Afghanistan, and illegal aliens from south of the border have killed more Americans that Al Queda has.
Actually George Bush has killed more Americans than Al Qaeda has. 3,857 as of this morning, At least 28,327 U.S. troops have been wounded in action.

Let us keep our priorities straight, the illegal immigration problem is a small problem compared to the hundreds of years of terrorism against America that Bush as created. Your grandchildren's grandchildren are not as risk from Mexicans, they are from radical muslims.

Old 11-08-2007, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunky39 View Post
we invaded iraq for a whole lot less.
Not true.... Iraq since the original cease fire has fired surface to air missiles at our planes patroling the no fly zone on many occasions. As agreed upon in the cease fire agreement Iraq was subject to retaliation for even 1 event. Iraqi leadership challenged it every chance and in every way they could.
I don't agree with us being in Iraq or wasteing billions on a country that has no desire for peace. But the fact is you are wrong. Iraq as a Nation was attacking our planes long before the Iraq war 2 started.
In this case it was a case of mexican criminals fireing small arms weapons at a helo.

Old 11-08-2007, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Not true.... Iraq since the original cease fire has fired surface to air missiles at our planes patroling the no fly zone on many occasions. As agreed upon in the cease fire agreement Iraq was subject to retaliation for even 1 event. Iraqi leadership challenged it every chance and in every way they could.
Actually, the no fly zone was not part of the cease fire, it was illegally and unilaterally declared by the Americans. The Iraqis had the right of self defense.

Old 11-08-2007, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
Actually, the no fly zone was not part of the cease fire, it was illegally and unilaterally declared by the Americans. The Iraqis had the right of self defense.
Utter nonsense it was a UN resolution due to saddam after the cease fire using his air power to slaughter civilians who tried to rise against him. saddam was forced to agree to it to avoid UN peace keeping forces from finishing him off.

Old 11-08-2007, 09:18 AM

Quote:
In 1992, The United Kingdom and the United States intervened in Kurdish-Iraqi dispute in northern Iraq by establishing a no-fly zone in which Iraqi aircraft were prevented from flying. The intent of the no-fly zone was to prevent possible bombing and chemical attacks against the Kurdish people by the Iraqi regime. The legality of this operation is a subject of debate. Proponents claim that the no-fly zone was implicitly authorized by United Nations Security Council Resolution 688. Critics point out that Resolution 688 does not actually authorize or mention such an operation.
Utter Nonsense?

Old 11-08-2007, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
Utter Nonsense?
Utter nonsense. Who disputes it? The French, Russians and Germans? LOL The ones caught redhanded violating the oil for food program?
Or the Former Iraqi gov.?
The resolution was passed and accepted by the un and the world community.
I will agree with one thing. Iraq was never worth 1 drop of american blood. Nor was somalia yea I was there too.

Old 11-08-2007, 10:06 AM

Pretend I am from Missouri and "show me".

mmm you have read the ceasefire agreement? Good, now quote the section that creates the no fly zone,

Thanks,

Great
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration