Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 07:14 PM

111 posts, read 107,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Also 11 to 30 million cheap foreign labor is added to the legal labor pools, many Americans will become permanently unemployed and more illegals will be brought in to do the hard work low wage kind of jobs that Americans and amnestied cannot do even if they wanted because the employer is a crook who wants to pay illegal wages.
Americans don't want those jobs. Somebody has to do them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2013, 09:09 PM

26,842 posts, read 15,071,885 times
Bull, I've done most of "those jobs" myself.

Old 07-10-2013, 12:20 AM

18,665 posts, read 19,902,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
If they reject the bill...
  • It will be in a position of strength.
  • Dems will look to politically punish the Republicans with mass protests, media stories, and other shenanigans for the 2014 mid-terms.
  • The conservative base will be satisfied (in this case) and will support them.
In 2012, the base supported Romney. His conservative plurality and percentages were slightly above Reagan in 1980. Of course, in the last decade changing demographics mean when the GOP base is happy, they are a non factor for POTUS.

So killing this insures Hillary Clinton is sworn in 1/20/2017.

Old 07-10-2013, 12:22 AM

9,282 posts, read 6,714,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
So the House has the choice of passing the immigration bill.

If they pass it...
  • A good portion of the conservative base will be PO'ed at them and they will lose votes.
  • Dems will gain votes illegally by allowing the illegal aliens to vote.
  • It will be in a position of passivity.

If they reject the bill...
  • It will be in a position of strength.
  • Dems will look to politically punish the Republicans with mass protests, media stories, and other shenanigans for the 2014 mid-terms.
  • The conservative base will be satisfied (in this case) and will support them.
This is what I would do. I would try my best to organize a mass protest against amnesty. At some point, we have to fight fire with fire. Why not make the Dems and RINO Repubs feel some political pressure? Or use phone calls, real hand written letters - whatever it takes to put pressure on those legislators supporting amnesty. Call the media outlets also that promote this garbage.

they will do this regardless of the outcome.

Old 07-10-2013, 04:23 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,470,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno Joe View Post
Cut off all the very long term unemployment handouts, limit disability to true disability, cut the able bodied off welfare and food stamps and the problem of laziness would end. Of course the welfare types have gotten used to laying around doing nothing, but its time to end their free ride.

Old 07-10-2013, 05:08 PM

3,876 posts, read 3,857,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Cut off all the very long term unemployment handouts, limit disability to true disability, cut the able bodied off welfare and food stamps and the problem of laziness would end. Of course the welfare types have gotten used to laying around doing nothing, but its time to end their free ride.
Yes this is sorely needed. That combined with comprehensive enforcement of CURRENT immigration laws would solve both problems.

Old 07-12-2013, 10:39 AM

62,501 posts, read 28,720,972 times
Quote:
No true. Who do you think did those jobs prior to the arrival of cheap, illegal labor? It is just greed on the part of the employers nothing else.

Old 07-12-2013, 10:41 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,114,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
No true. Who do you think did those jobs prior to the arrival of cheap, illegal labor? It is just greed on the part of the employers nothing else.
Exactly.

Old 07-12-2013, 10:44 AM

62,501 posts, read 28,720,972 times
Quote:
They will pass it. Here is why:

1. Neo cons and the business community are going to apply pressure on the House leadership to waive the "majority of the majority" rule and allow the bill to pass with all Democrats and maybe 25 Republican votes. They are already running radio ads on talk radio for it.
2. Conservatives have no where else to go. So they get mad and stomp their feet and yell. Who cares? Not the Republican leadership. Cons will always vote for the GOP no matter what. Hispanics on the other hand can go to the Democrats just like they did next door in California. Although they won't say it, the GOP knows demographics is destiny for them and they don't stand a snowball chance in Hell of coddling together 270 votes without significant Hispanic support in swing states. White men are the past, Hispanics are the future.
Would you also think that Hispanics becoming the minority in their own countries via illegal immigration would be a good thing? Somehow I doubt it and the fact that you said that white men are a thing of the past in their own country (and apparentently salivating over it) says a lot about you.

Old 07-17-2013, 02:12 AM

217 posts, read 312,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Bull, I've done most of "those jobs" myself.

Really ? Cleaning houses (two store house) for $100 ? ...Yes, thats what i thought.

The example i gave you its personal. I pay my maid $100 to clean a big two store house. Americans will never do that. Well, sorry, im wrong, they would do it but for way more money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration