U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2013, 06:25 AM

252 posts, read 481,838 times

Advertisements

It will be better if you raise your voice out rather than raising your voice in a forum

Old 07-04-2013, 11:35 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
We can count on the Republicans in the House to use their votes and their mouths to dig the GOP political grave. Their actions, ideas, and proposals will help elect another Democrat as President in 2016, and help Dems gain more seats in the House in 2014.

Their view on this issue may suit the most racist, backwards, and ignorant segment of our society, but it is not a suitable solution.
Illegal is not a race. There is no racism in expecting people from other countries to respect our laws, stop committing felony document fraud, respect the terms of their visas, etc.

What other country has no immigration laws of any kind? Certainly not the countries that send us the most illegals.

Old 07-04-2013, 04:15 PM

17,999 posts, read 17,159,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
From your link;
The House answer would not be "a special pathway to citizenship where people who are here unlawfully get something that people who have worked for decades to immigrate lawfully do not have," he said.
A pathway to legal standing, similar to immigrants who have green cards, could be an option, he said.

Myself being a supporter of CIR, would be ok with a compromise like that, with a few exceptions.
This is as close as I can get to allowing them to stay. I'm a liberal Democrat, btw, for anyone who thinks Democrats want this sort of thing. Some do, many do not.

At least this approach allows them to stay (which is wrong, of course) and will grant them the same status as a legal immigrant who applied and paid big fees and got checked out and waited. BUT it will not grant them a path towards citizenship itself. At least they won't get actual citizenship handed to them on a silver platter. They will have to work for it just like the lawful immigrants do--work, save the money for the expensive fees, learn about our country, and actually be willing to apply for the honor of citizenship.

Old 07-04-2013, 06:03 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
This is as close as I can get to allowing them to stay. I'm a liberal Democrat, btw, for anyone who thinks Democrats want this sort of thing. Some do, many do not.

At least this approach allows them to stay (which is wrong, of course) and will grant them the same status as a legal immigrant who applied and paid big fees and got checked out and waited. BUT it will not grant them a path towards citizenship itself. At least they won't get actual citizenship handed to them on a silver platter. They will have to work for it just like the lawful immigrants do--work, save the money for the expensive fees, learn about our country, and actually be willing to apply for the honor of citizenship.
It's still unfair -- legal immigrants have to abide by the rules, find an employer sponsor or other kind of sponsor who at least superficially agrees to financially support the immigrant.

At the very least, those who have committed felony document fraud, identity theft and other crimes should be given the immediate boot.

Those who didn't commit others crimes should still go home and get in line behind all those who are already in line. Breaking the laws shouldn't get them ANY special treatment, those who have abided by the laws should have first dibs for any work visas.

Citizenship for illegals should be totally out of the question. There is no good reason at all to reward those who broke the laws to be here, disrespected the terms of their visas, etc with US citizenship. Illegals are here for the big easy money, they don't require citizenship, it's not as though not giving them citizenship is going to make them so mad that they pack up and head home.

If we keep the status quo, there won't be any door-to-door searches but illegals can be easily deported when they act up -- arrested for DWI, shoplifting, domestic violence, rape, failure to pay child support or their hospital bills --- they should be deported no questions asked.

Old 07-05-2013, 05:06 PM

3,186 posts, read 5,454,537 times
Why would they want to get bogged down with paperwork to become legal TAX PAYING citizens... They don't need no stinkin papers... They are just here to get their hands on CASH MONEY... They don't want no stinkin profit sharing. They dont want no stinkin 401-K.. They just want the cash and they ant going to stop milkin the cash titee until someone physically pulls their lips from it....

Old 07-05-2013, 05:42 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,016,534 times
The government should've placed limits decades ago on the number of Mexicans who were allowed to come into the country. But because of political correctness, they never did that. Now you're looking at the consequences of that: Republicans can't win elections unless they run on an "illegal immigrant friendly" platform, all because of the large number of voters of Mexican heritage.

Old 07-05-2013, 06:00 PM
NCN

21,136 posts, read 21,133,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elisten92 View Post
It will be better if you raise your voice out rather than raising your voice in a forum
I see my posts coming back to me on the nightly news quite a bit. I think this forum is very informative.

Old 07-05-2013, 06:03 PM
NCN

21,136 posts, read 21,133,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme305 View Post
The government should've placed limits decades ago on the number of Mexicans who were allowed to come into the country. But because of political correctness, they never did that. Now you're looking at the consequences of that: Republicans can't win elections unless they run on an "illegal immigrant friendly" platform, all because of the large number of voters of Mexican heritage.
I think just the opposite is true. Romney was ahead in the polls until he started courting the illegals. And even if that is right would you not prefer to have a candidate that would rather be right than to be president? I know I would.

I have heard Hispanics on these threads that also resent the illegals because they make life difficult for someone who is a citizen and Hispanic.

Old 07-06-2013, 08:10 PM

22 posts, read 33,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
We can count on the Republicans in the House to use their votes and their mouths to dig the GOP political grave. Their actions, ideas, and proposals will help elect another Democrat as President in 2016, and help Dems gain more seats in the House in 2014.

Their view on this issue may suit the most racist, backwards, and ignorant segment of our society, but it is not a suitable solution.
The reverse-racist liberal Democrats you seem to favor will bring us to ruin
because of their views on immigration, not the conservative
Republicans, who are the struggling protectors of
pre-demented, pre-politically correct, common
sense white America.

Old 07-06-2013, 10:45 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,168,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
House takes up own immigration fix, no citizenship

We need reform and we need a more efficient streamlined system. We need laws that reflect the needs of our nation.
Reform should never include rewards for lawlessness or criminal behavior.
Let us hope common sense prevails.
So if that is the case, when can we expect you to be deported then for being here illegally?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or