U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2013, 11:48 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,184,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
That's very easy to say when it's not your livelihood ion the line that you or your family has worked decades or even centuries to establish.
And whose fault is that? Your family has been here centuries and your livelihood doesnt require a degree. Hmm so in other words, your family hasnt progressed at all as long as you have been here..

Old 07-06-2013, 11:55 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,184,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I think just the opposite is true. Romney was ahead in the polls until he started courting the illegals. And even if that is right would you not prefer to have a candidate that would rather be right than to be president? I know I would.

I have heard Hispanics on these threads that also resent the illegals because they make life difficult for someone who is a citizen and Hispanic.
What i find hard to believe is someone whose family has been here 200-300 years and they are still ignorant and/or racist and they are against this bill just to hide their intolerance and xenophobic beliefs. I would rather take an immigrant with a college degree and a good career that wants to turn their life around and make something of themselves than someone who was a citizen, ignorant and unintelligent.

Old 07-07-2013, 11:20 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,985,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackscorpion View Post
What i find hard to believe is someone whose family has been here 200-300 years and they are still ignorant and/or racist and they are against this bill just to hide their intolerance and xenophobic beliefs. I would rather take an immigrant with a college degree and a good career that wants to turn their life around and make something of themselves than someone who was a citizen, ignorant and unintelligent.
Broad brush that is for sure.
I am married to a brown skinned legal immigrant. I am against this bill because it is a bad bill. It rewards criminal behavior. It does not put forth triggers to ensure enforcement and does very little to address the actual problems in our immigration system.
To address the last part of your post.
Most illegals are not college educated, literate intelligent people. Most are uneducated and unable to speak the common language of our country much less read it.
This bill would reward people for crimes that would generally send a legal citizen to prison.... These crimes would result in a legal immigrant being deported. That is what is wrong with this bill.

Old 07-07-2013, 04:32 PM

3,870 posts, read 3,187,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackscorpion View Post
GET REAL !!!
In this BS bill you don't get a choice , pregnant teens, taggers, illiterate peasants and a whole host of criminals that haven't any documentened crimes will be legalized.

So much for your puny "Race Card". LOL !!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or