U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2013, 07:13 PM

31,488 posts, read 14,573,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
The Pew Hispanic source that I am using was already provided in a previous response, how did you miss it? It is the original source of the 8% number you misrepresented. The same report gives the data about 80% of illegal alien mothers being here at least a year before the birth (a "solid" source that conflicts with your unsourced opinion that anywhere near a majority come here pregnant), more than half here longer than five years (far beyond the gestation of even an elephant).

You make the claim for me to show "solid sources", but you are still fielding your unsourced statements, what all is that about?...

The claim that an illegal alien parent is more likely to be in a relationship with a U.S. citizen or Legal Permanent Resident isn't my opinion - It is in the same report that you used for the information that 8% of all births in the United States have at least one illegal alien parent (do you want to cherry-pick one data point, ignoring all the rest, because you apparently haven't read the entire report?). Processing for an illegal alien spouse is an expensive and lengthy journey, that often requires the experience of an immigration lawyer to be successful. Many in that situation aren't even aware that there is a legal route out, or have the resources to do it.

My spouse was never an illegal alien, and she complied with all of the terms of the visas she had before to visit the United States...

You are also inventing your own rules, why does an immigrant have to follow your instructions instead of the true requirements?...

More posturing, just accept that you don't have any ability to change the system to what you want it to be...
Since your wife was never here illegally and followed the rules then why in the world would you defend those who do not?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2013, 07:41 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,011,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Stateless? They should have the citizenship of the homeland of their parents. Most countries in the world do not allot birthright citizenship to kids of illegals. How do they handle it? Are they stateless? I don't think so! Why should children of illegals be our problem in the first place? It makes a mockery of our citizenship to gain birthright citizenship by their parents breaking our immigration laws.
My comment went completely over your head. Births within the boundaries of the United States do not receive U.S. citizenship by their parent(s). You're making a mockery of how U.S. citizenship is natively acquired by not understanding the process.

Old 07-13-2013, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Since your wife was never here illegally and followed the rules then why in the world would you defend those who do not?
Define where saying "malamute" fails to source his whacky opinions is taken as defending illegal aliens. First he says a third of illegal aliens are women, then inverts it to 2/3rds when he needs to recalculate the math for his false assumptions. He picks up on the first paragraph of a report, but then fails to read the remaining five pages of data, and argues against later data points of the same study.

In my book, that is called cherry-picking at the very best. He asks me to source material where I have already done so, but doesn't hold himself to the same standard. Accusing me of "inventing math" when he has failed to realize the same source that he used for a data point also stated what I am quoting.

I've got to find someone that can at least follow with what they are saying...

Old 07-13-2013, 08:09 PM

Quote:
My comment went completely over your head. Births within the boundaries of the United States do not receive U.S. citizenship by their parent(s). You're making a mockery of how U.S. citizenship is natively acquired by not understanding the process.
It should be defined by their parents status in this country though. I guess you think those countries who do not allot birthright citizenship to these types of kids are making a mockery out of their citizenship? Really? Quite the opposite is true unless you think that immigration lawbreakers should be rewarded in such a manner. Very puzzling indeed. What, no further statements about statelessness?

Old 07-13-2013, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Define where saying "malamute" fails to source his whacky opinions is taken as defending illegal aliens. First he says a third of illegal aliens are women, then inverts it to 2/3rds when he needs to recalculate the math for his false assumptions. He picks up on the first paragraph of a report, but then fails to read the remaining five pages of data, and argues against later data points of the same study.

In my book, that is called cherry-picking at the very best. He asks me to source material where I have already done so, but doesn't hold himself to the same standard. Accusing me of "inventing math" when he has failed to realize the same source that he used for a data point also stated what I am quoting.

You constantly defend illegals in this forum and you know it.

Old 07-13-2013, 08:36 PM

Quote:
It should be defined by their parents status in this country though...
But it isn't. America is a wonderful country where it doesn't matter who your parents are for the opportunities provided to you. Why should we try to emulate any other country that doesn't have that key principle?

Quote:
...I guess you think those countries who do not allot birthright citizenship to these types of kids are making a mockery out of their citizenship? Really? Quite the opposite is true unless you think that immigration lawbreakers should be rewarded in such a manner. Very puzzling indeed. What, no further statements about statelessness?
You're heavily in Straw Man land, and apparently having a conversation with yourself. I'm focused on the discussion for the United States. Which countries are you on?

Other than where the Straw Men live...

Old 07-14-2013, 05:51 AM

9,138 posts, read 6,484,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
They also say we can't deport them because they don't know where they are but they magically know they have 11 million

it's not knowing where they are...it is the logistics of moving whatever million people out.

Please take a minute to think of all the manpower and resources needed to do that...Please.

Old 07-14-2013, 07:15 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
it's not knowing where they are...it is the logistics of moving whatever million people out.

Please take a minute to think of all the manpower and resources needed to do that...Please.
Yet Mexico had no trouble getting that many people over here.

They should deport them as they make their presence known, and what about the logistics of providing these millions of people free health care and free education and food stamps for their kids?

Old 07-14-2013, 07:17 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Quote:

You are making claims that you know the exact numbers, but you can read up and see that some estimate 2/3 of illegals are men and you are claiming that the fathers of the anchor babies are US citizens but have never once provided a legitimate source for this weird claim.

I very seriously doubt your claim that the fathers are US citizens or why didn't they sponsor their immigrants like you sponsored yours? An illegal can be quite quickly legalized now through a green card marriage, they don't even have to return home and follow procedures that the law abiding follow.

You also don't have your facts straight about the "statelessness" of the anchor babies should they stop getting US citizenship. Check out Mexican law and the laws of the other nations of the parents. Mexico DOES allow them to be given their parents' citizenship.

What kind of loser parents would abandon their children in some country they were in when they return home?

Old 07-14-2013, 08:02 AM

Quote:
But it isn't. America is a wonderful country where it doesn't matter who your parents are for the opportunities provided to you. Why should we try to emulate any other country that doesn't have that key principle?

You're heavily in Straw Man land, and apparently having a conversation with yourself. I'm focused on the discussion for the United States. Which countries are you on?

Other than where the Straw Men live...
It's not about emulating other countries. Why do you think those countries that don't allot birthright citizenship to children of illegal immigrants don't do so? It's because it does make a mockery out of a country's citizenship. It's even worse for this country because of the billions we spend of our tax money supporting them. Yet you consider that to be wonderful rather than stupid? Why not put the best interests of one's country first? What's wrong with them being made citizens of their parent's country? You never have explained that one. Your "stateless" argument is the straw man here. Another strawman argument of your own is us being the land of opportunity. Well, yes we are for those who come here legally! It's not nor should be for foreigners that violate our immigration laws and give birth on our soil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or