U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 07:34 PM

86 posts, read 130,640 times

Advertisements

Actually, Ghost, I don't watch any news. I have convenient access to DoD news and statistics sources, many of which I cannot post on these forums due to the fact that most here don't have logins, or that some of that information is not available for public view.

Yes, smoking does kill many more people a year than anything else. And believe it or not, I actually believe that cigarettes should be completely outlawed. But this thread is not about cigarettes, and it actually isn't even about deaths caused by illegal immigrants, but violence caused by illegal immigrants as opposed to other things is relevant, cigarettes are not.

Yes, I know regular citizens commit violent crimes. Yes, I know legal immigrants commit violent crimes. My point is this: If this country's immigration laws were followed by our own government, that would be 50,000 less violent crimes over that time period. I know that is relatively few, but it is a simple fact that these people are causing more damage than terrorists could ever hope to.

Here's some percentages you may be fond of: After the fence was built on the border south of San Diego, crime rates decreased by 53%. Coincidence? I think not... Smuggling of illegal drugs and people was reduced by 90% in that area. Coincidence? I think not...

You accuse me of trying to push an agenda, and of fear mongering. Yeah, people in this country SHOULD BE afraid for their safety from illegal immigrants. And yes, I am pushing that our borders need to be completely secured, and illegal immigrants need to be deported.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2007, 09:24 PM

86 posts, read 130,640 times
Oh, and I decided to do some research on your numbers Ghost.

760,000+ Troops have been sent to Iraq or Afghanistan since combat operations. Of those, a little less than 3,900 have been killed. That's a 0.5% fatality rate for US Troops in Iraq and Afghanistan over a 6 year period (and the percentage of death EDIT: actually goes DOWN on a year to year basis). The US Recorded 17,034 Murders last year. Of those, an estimated 4400 are by illegal immigrants. That means that 25% of all murders commit in the US are commit by illegal immigrants. Also, the population of illegal immigrants has been steadily increasing year by year, as have the number of murders in this country. Coincidence? I think not...

Sources:
Violent Crime - Crime in the United States 2006 (http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/cius2006/offenses/violent_crime/murder_homicide.html - broken link)
WorldNetDaily: Illegal aliens murder 12 Americans daily
And a calculator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST..
the important factor to consider when comparing death rates in the united states vs iraq is the PERCENTAGE. i already did a quick write-up on this, and found that the murder rate of americans is 7x higher in iraq than in the united states. you cant compare numbers from a 300 million population base to a population base of UNDER 1 million directly and expect the answers to truly reflect the RATES of murder. its skewed statistics to further an agenda.
Time to check your math, "the dishonesty works against the credibility of the position, big time".

Last edited by RickM; 11-15-2007 at 09:37 PM..

Old 08-26-2011, 09:47 PM

5 posts, read 1,762 times
ha illigal people want a license to drive, sure give it to them. this way we know who they r an we can verify them, besides the united states goverment gives terrorists documents, ids and driver license cause they come from so far across the world. So people open ur heads and c that the world illigal dont mean terrorist. people from mexico come here to work and do ur jobs easier. remember this country was theirs first so who is really illigal here. remember what u'll did with the black or african americans. Thanks to them u so called white people have a country. a country build from slavery and cheap labor. remember even thow if the parents caint take ur jobs, like u so put it- there children will. they r the next generation. there are millions of them about to finish schools and out to get those jobs u so fear will b lost.
Look dont be a fool. if u have lots of money n r from another country the goverment will allow them to come over, so goverment is actually still sticking to u, ur own goverment. look at all the people from iraq, and other foreign countrys. they r the ones making big bussiness s in this country and sending money back to there county. mexicans send a few bucks ur dads, uncles, cousins and friends pay them. this country complains about illigals here but u r the ones using them. now the goverment knows which countrys we r at war with and keeps letting people in to this country everyday. I am a confident person and know where my job stands couse i do good if not one day i will get fired and someone else will take my job documents or not

Last edited by jsoe; 08-26-2011 at 09:54 PM.. Reason: checking some spelled words

Old 08-26-2011, 10:00 PM

ha illigal people want a license to drive, sure give it to them. this way we know who they r an we can verify them, besides the united states goverment gives terrorists documents, ids and driver license cause they come from so far across the world. So people open ur heads and c that the world illigal dont mean terrorist. people from mexico come here to work and do ur jobs easier. remember this country was theres first so who is really illigal here. remember what ull did with the black or african americans. Thanks to them u so called white people have a country. a country build from slavery and cheap labor. remember even thow if the parents caint take ur jobs, like u so put it- there children will. they r the next generation. there are millions of them about to finish schools and out to get those jobs u so fear will b lost.
Look dont be a fool. if u have lots of money n r from another country the goverment will allow them to come over, so goverment is actually still sticking to u, ur own goverment. look at all the people from iraq, and other foreign countrys. they r the ones making big bussiness s in this country and sending money back to there county. mexicans send a few bucks ur dads, uncles, cousins and friends pay them. this country complains about illigals here but u r the ones using them. now the goverment knows which countrys we r at war with and keeps letting people in to this country everyday. I am a confident person and know where my job stands couse i do good if not one day i will get fired and someone else will take my job documents or not

Old 08-26-2011, 10:18 PM

for world net daily, where do they get there counts from r they mexicans, salvadorenos, gualtemaltecos, africans, indians, or what. couse they can say illigal, i can get on the net and tell u how many white people kill for racist, rapes, robberies, or car robberies. even on drugs, when they come to this country is cause someone here buyes them. if the border is so safe why r drugs still coming in. I think someone heres ones them to come in. where i live there are lots of whites and blacks, they sell buy and use this drugs so who is to blame. Them for bringing it here or this people for buying and using them. they even act like no one exist and when i call police they just come and talk to them and go back to there office. Remember the terroist are them ones that come ligally threw the airport with passport that the goverment give them just cause they live so far away. they r the ones planning and making the attacks. sure theres murders but they r not just illigal its blacks, whites and other race out there. the problem here is that everyone that enters this country automatically is called illigal, but they should put out who, what race and from where. I could get on the internet and ask how many killings are coused by whites in the united states and pretty sure its a high number. not just cause they build a fencse, means we r safe. just look at who our goverment lets in to this country. If i look to c or ask about the terrorist on line i will find they r not from mexico.
I do agree with u on many of ur other matters but dont just blame one country here. there are aolot out there. At least the goverment is trying to send them back an not use them as slaves like they did with a race i now u wouldnt want to talk about. cause they built this coutry with slavery and cheap labor. I just started on this page, next time i get on here i will have numbers and few more other things to back up what i say.

Old 08-26-2011, 10:43 PM

I would like to say something to remember if we send all this people we call illigal who looses more us or them. if we deport them ,there wife and kids might be us citizens. they will get a free ticket to mexico or where they might b from. Now we the tax payers ( thanks to people like some that I know that have send this people back to there country) have to give out more and our kids will get less, we will have to give the wife and kids goverment help. lets c about $400-$600 in food stamps, lets give them housing about another $800, we can also give them medicaid which would be thousands per visit to hospitals, doctors visit, dental, dam we r sure giving olot out of pocket thanks to people that dont want them here. now who is loosing more them or us. I know it hurts my pockets when things like this happen, i wounder if other people fill the same way.
I would rather find a way to keep them here let them work and support there families. Sooner or later this kids will grow up and ask to bring their parents the right way and guess what now they will be back with documents, take ur jobs u suppose we be taken away from u, so why did we send them out of this country for, just a waste of tax payers money. c the goverment keeps u scared we pay them to do a job which will never end. its like drugs if they never came into this county alot of people would b out of a job, u think they want this. I think not, thats there paycheck every two weeks.

I say let the ones here stay already and help bring this country back to where it was before cause like it or not they r here and will countinue to come. before all this immigration stuff came up there was more money, now people are living this country and its going to h e l l . no they are not the ones making this country servive but they do there share to keep it up.

just look at this, if there are no more illigals the people hiring will cry. they like elligals cause they get paid very little, they dont pay them vacation, no holidays, and no sick time. they now they can replace them anytime they want. Now lets c what we ask when we apply for a job, Me i want insurance at a good price, I want my 401k, I want at lest two weeks of vacation per year and increase as time goes by, I want dental, I for sure want my hoidays paid an I will like the number of where I can call and complain about my boss or comany. If iam let go I will want Unimployment, If I work late or more hours I want overtime. dam thats alot know u think ur parents, uncles, causins and neigbors want to pay that, huh only if they r big companies and r monetered by the goverment. All the people that have small bussinesses would close. Thats why Ur family members look for this people cause they know they wont pay illigals what they r entitled to.

I will let u decide what is right for u or not. just remember it hurts our pockets more.

Old 08-26-2011, 10:56 PM

oops sorry rickM, i thought I was on my page posting for all to c.

Old 08-26-2011, 11:00 PM

18,856 posts, read 30,584,271 times
No to anything but a ride back to where ever they came from.

Old 08-27-2011, 01:35 AM

2,075 posts, read 1,780,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
you know how you could eliminate incentives for illegal crossing? fix our immigration policies. if it is free and quick, then what incentives would there be for crossing illegally?
Joke ???? It has to be. If it was "quick & free" millions
of people from every country in the world would swarm the borders. Wouldn't leave any reason for
being a "legal immigrant".

Old 08-27-2011, 07:02 AM

1,574 posts, read 792,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
Joke ???? It has to be. If it was "quick & free" millions
of people from every country in the world would swarm the borders. Wouldn't leave any reason for
being a "legal immigrant".
So basically what you're saying is that you don't really care whether immigrants are legal or not. You want certain people excluded for some other reason. What is it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration