Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 06:42 PM

447 posts, read 796,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
im sure they are aware of their illegal status. but they are going to drive regardless. would you rather have them driving licensed or unlicensed?

then the states should stop paying federal taxes.

i'd rather them not be here illegally at all...

states should stop paying federal taxes? what ????????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2007, 06:42 PM

161 posts, read 729,903 times
get all the illegal out of here!!!!......it took me 9 years to come to USA..it pisses me off to no end when illegals just walk over, and milk the system!!!!!

Old 11-08-2007, 06:55 PM

Quote:
how so? it was valid at one time, meaning the information on it was correct at that point in time. you can change your name, height, weight, address, need for corrective lenses, etc., but you can not change your birthday.

again, it is proof of age, regardless of the red tape.
it's the law.....some of us actually respect these laws.....i will never accept an expired license or id from anyone who wants to buy alcohol...it's illegal to do it. and i do not want to go to jail.
at a fine of ten thousand dollars (my assistant manager told me the fine has been raised since i got my certificate) my life is more important than selling alcohol to someone who does not possess a valid id.

Old 11-08-2007, 06:59 PM

1,511 posts, read 973,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
OK, well the next time you go to an airport why don't you try to board a plane with an expired ID? Or hand a police officer an expired driver's license when he pulls you over and explain to him that it is just as good as an unexpired driver's license.
This is nonsense. If you do not understand that an expired ID is not considered a valid form of identification, there is not much anyone here can do to help you.
neither boarding a plane nor driving a car requires simple proof of age verification. they are not applicable comparisons.

Old 11-08-2007, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivski View Post
i'd rather them not be here illegally at all...

states should stop paying federal taxes? what ????????
if the federal government cut funding to the state, id suggest the state cut funding to the federal government.

Old 11-08-2007, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyusa View Post
get all the illegal out of here!!!!......it took me 9 years to come to USA..it pisses me off to no end when illegals just walk over, and milk the system!!!!!
while i support legal immigration, and applaud you for coming here legally, i do think there are issues that need to be dealt with in the immigration laws...like i dont agree with the wait time.
i'm sorry that it took you nine years to immigrate...but you are a shining example of every legal immigrant who did this in their desire to live in america.
thank you for everything you had to do.
i hope you like america, and i hope america has treated you fairly since being here.

Old 11-08-2007, 07:06 PM

Quote:
neither boarding a plane nor driving a car requires simple proof of age verification. they are not applicable comparisons.
i think that andrea beth has the right idea...i think maybe it is you who is misinformed

Old 11-08-2007, 07:08 PM

Quote:
if the federal government cut funding to the state, id suggest the state cut funding to the federal government.

so states should issue drivers licenses to illegals, we get it....i say if the illegal applies for a license ice should be notified of their legal status...and trust me, alot in ice agree.

Old 11-08-2007, 07:11 PM

Quote:
so states should issue drivers licenses to illegals, we get it....i say if the illegal applies for a license ice should be notified of their legal status...and trust me, alot in ice agree.
which would dissuade them from applying, leaving us with unlicensed drivers on the road. obviously that is not a real solution.

Old 11-08-2007, 07:12 PM

Quote:
while i support legal immigration, and applaud you for coming here legally, i do think there are issues that need to be dealt with in the immigration laws...like i dont agree with the wait time.
i'm sorry that it took you nine years to immigrate...but you are a shining example of every legal immigrant who did this in their desire to live in america.
thank you for everything you had to do.
i hope you like america, and i hope america has treated you fairly since being here.
if youre sorry the immigration process took 9 years, would you support a reform of the process drastically shortening wait times?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration