U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-08-2007, 08:42 PM
 
3,712 posts, read 5,719,093 times
Reputation: 1285

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
neither boarding a plane nor driving a car requires simple proof of age verification. they are not applicable comparisons.
Do you understand that an expired ID is not valid for any identification?
It cannot be used to verify your age.
It cannot be used to verify your name.
It cannot be used to verify your address.
It cannot be used to verify anything else.
This is not a difficult concept to grasp.

Enough!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-08-2007, 10:06 PM
 
1,510 posts, read 712,636 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Do you understand that an expired ID is not valid for any identification?
It cannot be used to verify your age.
It cannot be used to verify your name.
It cannot be used to verify your address.
It cannot be used to verify anything else.
This is not a difficult concept to grasp.

Enough!
lol.. so if someone showed you an expired ID with a birthdate of 01/01/80, would you not think that they're 27 years old?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2007, 11:59 PM
 
Location: NM
402 posts, read 939,635 times
Reputation: 206
Quote:
lol.. so if someone showed you an expired ID with a birthdate of 01/01/80, would you not think that they're 27 years old?
I would think they did not have a valid/legal ID, and I would refuse to sell them any alcohol. If they had several expiered ID's I would think they were up to no good. How many ID's do you carry? and I'm pretty sure you are wrong about not needing a valid ID to fly. I won't say that for sure because I have never flown and never intend to.
I do know you need one to pick up a train ticket or a bus ticket. You also can not board either if you are drunk. If you get drunk after boarding you will be put off at the next stop, no matter where it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2007, 12:09 AM
 
1,510 posts, read 712,636 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choctaw2 View Post
I would think they did not have a valid/legal ID, and I would refuse to sell them any alcohol. If they had several expiered ID's I would think they were up to no good. How many ID's do you carry? and I'm pretty sure you are wrong about not needing a valid ID to fly. I won't say that for sure because I have never flown and never intend to.
I do know you need one to pick up a train ticket or a bus ticket. You also can not board either if you are drunk. If you get drunk after boarding you will be put off at the next stop, no matter where it is.
you do need a valid ID to fly. but that isnt because they need age verification...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2007, 01:17 AM
 
Location: new mexico
447 posts, read 707,033 times
Reputation: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
if youre sorry the immigration process took 9 years, would you support a reform of the process drastically shortening wait times?

no, not drastically.like you said...weeks.? i do think a shorter process should be considered, but what time i am not sure. not weeks., though.
but i will say doing it by the rules is the only right way of doing it. doing it by sneaking in, demanding rights, and stuff of the sort is a slap in every americans face.
i'm sorry you dont agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2007, 01:37 AM
 
1,510 posts, read 712,636 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivski View Post
no, not drastically.like you said...weeks.? i do think a shorter process should be considered, but what time i am not sure. not weeks., though.
but i will say doing it by the rules is the only right way of doing it. doing it by sneaking in, demanding rights, and stuff of the sort is a slap in every americans face.
i'm sorry you dont agree.
i dont encourage illegal crossing, but i understand why it is happening. the longer the wait time we require, the more incentive there is to cross illegally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2007, 09:11 AM
 
1,393 posts, read 2,493,834 times
Reputation: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
illegals are going to drive. do you want them licensed?

illegals are going to come to the united states. do you want them to be easily identified?

denying them licenses is going to do more harm than good.
No I don't.....

You're right it would make it easy to find them and deport them.......

And how is that ??????????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2007, 09:14 AM
 
1,393 posts, read 2,493,834 times
Reputation: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
i dont encourage illegal crossing, but i understand why it is happening. the longer the wait time we require, the more incentive there is to cross illegally.
I don't encourage robbing a bank, but I understand why, they need drug money....So should I support bank robbers ? You sound like John McCain.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2007, 09:16 AM
 
1,393 posts, read 2,493,834 times
Reputation: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
does an expired id mean the birth date on the card is not valid?

I don't know where you live but in Texas an expired ID is the same as not having and ID.

Last edited by texanborn; 11-09-2007 at 09:25 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2007, 09:21 AM
 
1,393 posts, read 2,493,834 times
Reputation: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
lol.. so if someone showed you an expired ID with a birthdate of 01/01/80, would you not think that they're 27 years old?
If I was selling drinks or smokes in the state of Texas , NO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top