Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 04:45 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,503,282 times

Advertisements

As far as I’m concerned, I think giving drivers licenses to illegals is a bad idea for a lot of reasons. I think we have to quit inducing people to come and stay if they’re illegal. I think it’s a disservice to the millions of people who stood in long lines around the world at American embassies to come here and play by the rules and become American citizens and become productive and great parts of our society. But when you’re making it easier, when you’re providing sanctuary cities and telling your local officials that they can’t even cooperate with federal authorities, and then saying its a federal responsibility, I think that’s an irresponsible way to go,

Drivers licenses are the nearest thing to an ID card that we’ve got in this country. Your need your drivers license for everything. Why aren’t they being apprehended and sent home if they come in and announce that they’re illegal? We’ve either got to be serious enforcing our laws or not. I don’t think we can afford to be selective in that regard.http://fredfile.fred08.com/blog/2007...r-voter-fraud/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2007, 05:36 PM

447 posts, read 796,220 times
go fred!!!!!!
yesterday at work two "mexican " men came into the liquor store, as state law dictates when selling alcohol, the server must ask for current identification, if they fail to ask or sell to a minor or a intoxicated person the fine is ten thousand dollars , jail time and the loss of your servers certificate, there is also a fine from the new mexico gaming commission, which is hefty.
the men were asked for id, and showed mexican id's ....one mans was expired in 2004. yet he did have a current new mexico drivers license that was good until 2012. it is confusing enough for the server, and as this situation goes, when do we choose not to serve, if the state has given them identification for longer than their visa is valid?
unbelievable. they were not intoxicated, so the clerk sold them the alcohol...but the man whose mexican id was expired had three other mexican id's and the new mexico drivers license...i dont understand how new mexico can play this game with a straight face...
but hey, the story is about fred and i will support him for his effort.

Old 11-08-2007, 05:45 PM

1,511 posts, read 973,213 times
illegals are going to drive. do you want them licensed?

illegals are going to come to the united states. do you want them to be easily identified?

denying them licenses is going to do more harm than good.

Old 11-08-2007, 05:45 PM

9,594 posts, read 31,592,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crittersitter View Post
As far as I’m concerned, I think giving drivers licenses to illegals is a bad idea for a lot of reasons.
I agree 100%, Crittersitter!

We need to eliminate all the incentives that encourage anyone to enter this country ILLEGALLY . . . NOT add more!

Once the incentives are eliminated, ALL of them, . . . many ILLEGALS will self-deport!

Old 11-08-2007, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivski View Post
go fred!!!!!!
yesterday at work two "mexican " men came into the liquor store, as state law dictates when selling alcohol, the server must ask for current identification, if they fail to ask or sell to a minor or a intoxicated person the fine is ten thousand dollars , jail time and the loss of your servers certificate, there is also a fine from the new mexico gaming commission, which is hefty.
the men were asked for id, and showed mexican id's ....one mans was expired in 2004. yet he did have a current new mexico drivers license that was good until 2012. it is confusing enough for the server, and as this situation goes, when do we choose not to serve, if the state has given them identification for longer than their visa is valid?
unbelievable. they were not intoxicated, so the clerk sold them the alcohol...but the man whose mexican id was expired had three other mexican id's and the new mexico drivers license...i dont understand how new mexico can play this game with a straight face...
but hey, the story is about fred and i will support him for his effort.
this is ridiculous. the man is over 21 and he proved it. whats the problem?

Old 11-08-2007, 05:54 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,036,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
this is ridiculous. the man is over 21 and he proved it. whats the problem?
Expired ID; that is the problem.

Despite my personal belief that the drinking age of 21 is asinine; vivski has to cover her butt in asking for identification.

Old 11-08-2007, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Expired ID; that is the problem.

Despite my personal belief that the drinking age of 21 is asinine; vivski has to cover her butt in asking for identification.
does an expired id mean the birth date on the card is not valid?

Old 11-08-2007, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
I agree 100%, Crittersitter!

We need to eliminate all the incentives that encourage anyone to enter this country ILLEGALLY . . . NOT add more!

Once the incentives are eliminated, ALL of them, . . . many ILLEGALS will self-deport!
you know how you could eliminate incentives for illegal crossing? fix our immigration policies. if it is free and quick, then what incentives would there be for crossing illegally?

Old 11-08-2007, 06:00 PM

3,589 posts, read 4,128,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
does an expired id mean the birth date on the card is not valid?
It means the ID is invalid, so yes. If you tried to buy beer from me with an expired ID, I'd tell you to go pound sand.

Old 11-08-2007, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
It means the ID is invalid, so yes. If you tried to buy beer from me with an expired ID, I'd tell you to go pound sand.
the only requirement for purchasing alcohol is to be 21. even an expired id can prove that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration