U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 11-08-2007, 06:48 PM
 
237 posts, read 777,856 times
Reputation: 207

Advertisements

The Department of Homeland Security is now being sued hundreds of times by a variety of groups to try to stop Immigration Enforcement. In some cases this has stopped them or slowed down enforcement. Local and State governments are also being sued hundreds of times and do not have the funds to fight the suits so they just give up and throw up their hands.

This is government by the courts and is a scary situation. If someone does not like a government action, just sue. Nothing can get done. Feedback?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-08-2007, 07:32 PM
 
Location: Southern Arizona
7,929 posts, read 15,942,097 times
Reputation: 6557
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtype View Post
The Department of Homeland Security is now being sued hundreds of times by a variety of groups to try to stop Immigration Enforcement. In some cases this has stopped them or slowed down enforcement. Local and State governments are also being sued hundreds of times and do not have the funds to fight the suits so they just give up and throw up their hands.

This is government by the courts and is a scary situation. If someone does not like a government action, just sue. Nothing can get done. Feedback?
Interesting point, Goodtype

Maybe we should all thank the ACLU . . . the most Anti-American group in the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2007, 08:04 PM
 
Location: Arlington, Virginia
15,109 posts, read 17,619,376 times
Reputation: 15765
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtype View Post
The Department of Homeland Security is now being sued hundreds of times by a variety of groups to try to stop Immigration Enforcement. In some cases this has stopped them or slowed down enforcement. Local and State governments are also being sued hundreds of times and do not have the funds to fight the suits so they just give up and throw up their hands.

This is government by the courts and is a scary situation. If someone does not like a government action, just sue. Nothing can get done. Feedback?
Welcome to the US of the 21st century. Someone tries to enforce the law and gets sued and overruled by activist judges.

Aint america great?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2007, 08:06 PM
 
Location: California
3,432 posts, read 264,205 times
Reputation: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Welcome to the US of the 21st century. Someone tries to enforce the law and gets sued and overruled by activist judges.

Aint america great?
If you don't like the U.S-- its donuts, or hamburgers. Get out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2007, 08:15 PM
 
1,510 posts, read 86,845 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Interesting point, Goodtype

Maybe we should all thank the ACLU . . . the most Anti-American group in the world.
the american CIVIL LIBERTIES union is anti-american? so what's pro-american? a group that supports a restriction of freedoms?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2007, 08:16 PM
 
1,510 posts, read 86,845 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
If you don't like the U.S-- its donuts, or hamburgers. Get out.
i actually disagree with this statement. the US has excellent foundations to be a great nation. we should work to restore these rather than abandoning such great potential.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2007, 11:09 PM
 
Location: California
3,432 posts, read 264,205 times
Reputation: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
i actually disagree with this statement. the US has excellent foundations to be a great nation. we should work to restore these rather than abandoning such great potential.

I was actually being sarcastic.. who in the right mind would leave the U.S?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2007, 11:37 PM
 
2,429 posts, read 4,565,326 times
Reputation: 969
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtype View Post
The Department of Homeland Security is now being sued hundreds of times by a variety of groups to try to stop Immigration Enforcement. In some cases this has stopped them or slowed down enforcement. Local and State governments are also being sued hundreds of times and do not have the funds to fight the suits so they just give up and throw up their hands.

This is government by the courts and is a scary situation. If someone does not like a government action, just sue. Nothing can get done. Feedback?

It's a good thing al queda hasn't discovered our court system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top