Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 09:26 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,133,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
Not logical, employers do not "need" illegals. Employers are companies which provide a product or service. Under the capitalist system the company that can provide the product or service at the most competitive price is the most successful.

It is the market (read; you) that determines labor needs and costs and prices.

Ultimately it is you, the consumer that asks for illegal labor.
Is it me the roofer or me the carpenter or me the the painter or me the garbage hauler or me the brick layer consumer that asks for illegal labor???? Had my own business, didnt hire illegals. Ultimatly it is the GRreedy ag farmer that comes here and tells every one it is the Americans fault, you need em CRAP. We dont need greedy American haters either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2007, 10:54 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Not logical, employers do not "need" illegals. Employers are companies which provide a product or service. Under the capitalist system the company that can provide the product or service at the most competitive price is the most successful.

You are not speaking for this consumer.

If prices happen to jump courtesy of legal employees-------oh, well.

Old 11-10-2007, 10:58 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:

Well, if capitalism is the problem, maybe there's something broken with the system, and "business owners" should start getting fined at the tune of thousands per individual violation by big daddy government.

And if it puts them out of business? Tough luck. Someone else will fill the market void.

Old 11-10-2007, 10:59 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,499,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post

Oh well? That doesn't seem like a rational nor logical response, yet many anti-illegals will use it.

The thing is, Americans are paying lower prices all around for items that would cost more in other countries. This country is riding on credit as it is, you may not think 12+ million cheaper workers leaving will cause much of a stir, but when we hit the incoming recession I think every price will matter to the consumer.

Old 11-10-2007, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post

Yeap. Back when I had a lawn to mow I chose a landscape service that only used American labor.

Somehow he (the owner) was able to find Americans to work for him, and still offer the best price! Funny how that works out.

Old 11-10-2007, 11:02 AM

3,432 posts, read 2,951,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Yeap. Back when I had a lawn to mow I chose a landscape service that only used American labor.

Somehow he (the owner) was able to find Americans to work for him, and still offer the best price! Funny how that works out.
I bet your referring to LEGAL Mexicans right? Lol

Old 11-10-2007, 11:03 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,905 times
Quote:
Well, if capitalism is the problem, maybe there's something broken with the system, and "business owners" should start getting fined at the tune of thousands per individual violation by big daddy government.

And if it puts them out of business? Tough luck. Someone else will fill the market void.
Once the illegal-hiring businesses are shut down, then the illegals they formerly hired will return to their home countries. After all, the only reason they are here is to work. If there are no jobs for them, they no longer have any reason to be in the US. I think you just figured it all out, TriMT7.

Old 11-10-2007, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
I bet your referring to LEGAL Mexicans right? Lol
Nope. Black guys and white guys.

I had a townhouse with a good size "courtyard" yard that I was responsible for maintaining. The "outside" landscape and "community" landscape was the responsibility of the developer/home owner association.

Whatever company the community itself used to do landscaping were the ones that hired the illegal labor. Trust me, I didn't see anything "special" or "harder" about the work they did. In fact, it was often half-*ssed. I guess at slave wages, one can't expect quality.

Old 11-10-2007, 11:11 AM

3,432 posts, read 2,951,617 times
Quote:
Nope. Black guys and white guys.

I had a townhouse with a good size "courtyard" yard that I was responsible for maintaining. The "outside" landscape and "community" landscape was the responsibility of the developer/home owner association.

Whatever company the community itself used to do landscaping were the ones that hired the illegal labor. Trust me, I didn't see anything "special" or "harder" about the work they did. In fact, it was often half-*ssed. I guess at slave wages, one can't expect quality.
Honestly, I have never seen a Black landscaper. I've seen white ones, but they had Mexicans doing all the work. But I don't see even that anymore. Most of the companies are now owned and operating by Legal Hispanics who employ illegal immigrants. So you never really know what your getting Just like you never know what your getting at Denny's

Old 11-10-2007, 11:19 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Oh well? That doesn't seem like a rational nor logical response, yet many anti-illegals will use it.

The thing is, Americans are paying lower prices all around for items that would cost more in other countries. This country is riding on credit as it is, you may not think 12+ million cheaper workers leaving will cause much of a stir, but when we hit the incoming recession I think every price will matter to the consumer.
I stand by what I said.

The impending recession (yes, we are due for one) will help determine whether we are worthy of being the United States of America------or, a Third World piece of junk.

Remember; the same fire that melts butter makes steel strong
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration