Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 06:18 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,951,187 times

Advertisements

Funny to see everyone dodging your questions and telling you to use your logic. Lolz.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2007, 06:20 PM

1,511 posts, read 978,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Yes GHOST, you see we can only allow so many people in nomatter how fast we can process them. Now ask me how come we couldnt allow more in.
so how many more can we hold? because last i checked, our population density ranked 146th.

Old 11-08-2007, 06:25 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 26 days ago)

27,645 posts, read 16,129,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
so how many more can we hold? because last i checked, our population density ranked 146th.
GHOST if it were up to you we would allow all of SOB in, redistribute wealth and change our name to NAU, no thanks! PS..see post #2

Old 11-08-2007, 06:26 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,951,187 times
Yea.. China is about roughly the size of the U.S. And China has 3.7 billion people more than the U.S does.

Old 11-08-2007, 06:28 PM

3,589 posts, read 4,148,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
tell me the negative impact. you cant just call it a ridiculous idea without explaining why.
If you can't see the potential problems of millions of unscreened immigrants from the third world pouring into this country, there's nothing I can do to make you understand. Clearly you don't want it explained to you; you want to argue.

Not playing.

Old 11-08-2007, 06:28 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,436,372 times
Imho, the economy would be strenghtened, salaries would stop falling down because now current ilegals could demand rights and a fairer wage although some negotiations would have to be done to prevent hyperinflation and devaluations, people could pay taxes strenghtening public finances, coorporations would cry and try to lobby for more restrictive immigration policies to be neacted.

if it's done both ways, a lot of Americans would go to Mexico start business settle there and improve the quality of life, a lot of Mexicans would go to America, work hard as heck to improve their lifes and the quality of life of America, they would be more willing to assimilate and learn english because now they wouldn't have to feel rejected and isolated.

Some immigrants would ge seasonal, both sides of the border working and saving and then returning to their homelands to start business or build homes, there would be much more harmony and who knows maybe the influence of the positive things of both cultures, both sides of the border would be much greater.

I might be wrong but this is what intuition tells me.

Love and Light

Old 11-08-2007, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
GHOST if it were up to you we would allow all of SOB in, redistribute wealth and change our name to NAU, no thanks! PS..see post #2
if it were up to me, we would take action to institute true free trade, and make fair agreements with mexico, to bolster their economy. we would encourage democratic elections and a rewriting of their constitution, to allow the people to be self-sustaining and free. if we took away government corruption, and gave mexico the tools to create a middle class, they would have way less reason to come onto US territory. simple. economics is the reason the come, and the means to providing incentives to stay home.

you cant have geographic neighbors as 1st and 3rd world nations and not expect some sort of natural balance to occur on its own. whether we work with it or not will allow us to determine our own fates.

Old 11-08-2007, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
If you can't see the potential problems of millions of unscreened immigrants from the third world pouring into this country, there's nothing I can do to make you understand. Clearly you don't want it explained to you; you want to argue.

Not playing.
i want it explained. go ahead.

Old 11-08-2007, 06:39 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 26 days ago)

27,645 posts, read 16,129,622 times
[
Quote:
quote=Travelling fella;1948811]Imho, the economy would be strenghtened, salaries would stop falling down because now current ilegals could demand rights and a fairer wage although some negotiations would have to be done to prevent hyperinflation and devaluations, people could pay taxes strenghtening public finances, coorporations would cry and try to lobby for more restrictive immigration policies to be neacted.
fella, I know your heart is in the right place but..
With an over abundance of workers I think wages would fall. Corporations would be just peachy, not crying. Just my opinion

Old 11-08-2007, 06:39 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,852,928 times
I don't see major problems, if anything I see a positive spin (more revenue and more taxes). I am against it because it is unfair to everyone else around the world that want to come here for citizenship. I know people who wait 15+ years before being offered citizenship. Simply disobeying the laws and coming into a country and DEMANDING citizenship is a proverbial "slap in the face". As you said, the immigrants would fill jobs that Americans may not want which is substantively better than what the immigrant may be facing in their own country as well as for America. However, we cannot simply open the doors otherwise we the flood the country with potential liabilities from crime, overconsumption of facilities and taxes, and loss of american jobs to the immigrants. That's why it is regulated and takes a long time to get citizenship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration