U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 03:10 PM

1,900 posts, read 18,074 times
Quote:
We do not need or want illegal immigrants in this country because it is bad for our country for them to be here.
If that were true they would not be here as there would not be millions of jobs done by them, obviously the American economy needs them, Capitalism boys, Capitalism.

Quote:
What a revelatory statement...love it or leave it, Mach.
My country right or wrong, when right to be kept right when wrong to be made right. Actually Mach's statement is pretty accurate. You should hear what the Turks say about our present administration!

Quote:
I don't think any of them would use all that free space in the middle of the desert 300 miles from the nearest electrical outlet or water faucet. Same with the mountains.
Like Las Vegas or Denver?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2007, 03:20 PM
NCN

13,926 posts, read 11,354,922 times
[quote=greatbasinguide;1956409]If that were true they would not be here as there would not be millions of jobs done by them, obviously the American economy needs them, Capitalism boys.

America needs these illegals not at all. I will go further to say that anyone who thinks America need illegals is more of the problem than the illegals and they are a major problem. Things need to change and the sooner the better.

Old 11-09-2007, 03:24 PM

7,842 posts, read 9,302,317 times
[quote=North Carolina Native;1956476]
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
If that were true they would not be here as there would not be millions of jobs done by them, obviously the American economy needs them, Capitalism boys.

America needs these illegals not at all.
Well current day reality is in favor of "yes we do", because here we are and they are here. You can say we don't need them and they don't need us, but that does not reflect reality.

Old 11-09-2007, 03:26 PM

185 posts, read 227,196 times
You think they're emboldened now!? The only thing left of America would have to be gleened from history books, Mexico would share the border with Canada.

We could more easily recover from a hydrogen bomb.

Old 11-09-2007, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cribster View Post
You think they're emboldened now!? The only thing left of America would have to be gleened from history books, Mexico would share the border with Canada.

We could more easily recover from a hydrogen bomb.
Why? Co-existence is possible, nothing can erase history and the future is still waiting to be written.

Old 11-09-2007, 03:34 PM

1,900 posts, read 18,074 times
Quote:
America needs these illegals not at all
The above statement does not reflect understanding of how the free market works.

If i need a worker. I communicate that fact, I accept the appropriate worker. If I need a thousand workers and 500 workers with proper papers show up I still need 500 more. If I do not hire another 500 workers to get the job done, I go out of business, my product is not available on the market, the supply is limited, the price goes up. If you business depends upon my product, you are in trouble.

The fact that there are an estimated 12 million illegal immigrants in this country suggests that there is a need for additional workers in the economy over and above the illegals. Let us say that half the 12 million are working, that tells us the economy needed an additional 6 million workers. It should be obvious that somewhere close to 10 million workers above and beyond the legal workforce are needed in this economy

This is not some bizarre government plot
This is not a conspiracy between hippies and liberal politicians to destroy America.

This is economics at work in our capitalist system.

Old 11-09-2007, 03:44 PM

Also the fact that there are 12 million illegals in this country AND the unemployment rate has not dropped, shows we need them.

Old 11-09-2007, 04:46 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,554,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
Ridiculous. I live in a state with millions of illegals and believe me, we notice the NEGATIVE impact every single day. The situation would be no better if we just let people flood in; it's a ridiculous idea.
You said it, "it's a ridiculous idea." If it ever happens I'll be on the first boat outta here.

Old 11-09-2007, 04:51 PM

3,712 posts, read 3,918,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crittersitter View Post
You said it, "it's a ridiculous idea." If it ever happens I'll be on the first boat outta here.
I'll be driving the boat.

Old 11-09-2007, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crittersitter View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
I'll be driving the boat.
Your boat is about 10-20 years late.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration