Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 05:44 PM

1,511 posts, read 978,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
Most illegal immigrants pay upwards of a couple thousand dollars a person a coyote to get across the border.
do you have a source for this information?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2007, 06:13 PM

3,689 posts, read 10,417,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
do you have a source for this information?
Following the money: What's really behind the slowdown in Mexican border arrests? - Knowledge@W. P. Carey

"Paying the coyote
To understand the interplay of border security, illegal immigration, and the U.S. economy, it is necessary to understand the shadowy world of "coyotes" -- the guides in Mexico who lead immigrants across the border, according to McLaren, who edits the Western Blue Chip Economic Forecast and the México Consenso de Pronósticos Económicos.
McLaren said she has learned from talking to deportees and to people seeking to cross the border that the cost of the services of coyotes has skyrocketed -- from between $500 and $1,000 a little over a year ago to between $2,500 and $3,000 now. Accounts in the popular press support these numbers.
The higher cost of hiring a guide means that illegal immigrants must make sure they have well paying jobs before coming to the United States. Illegal immigrants are less willing to accept low paying jobs now, since they need to make enough money to afford a coyote's services, according to McLaren."

do a goggle search before posting "do you have a source" there is a wealth of information on the internet that can awnser your questions (from various other threads as well with the same question you pose here"

Old 11-11-2007, 08:09 PM

that doesnt say that MOST illegal immigrants are using coyotes. i already know what they are.

Old 11-11-2007, 09:01 PM

3,689 posts, read 10,417,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
that doesnt say that MOST illegal immigrants are using coyotes. i already know what they are.
your trying to play a game of semantics again, and I wont bite.

Old 11-11-2007, 11:10 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,951,187 times
Gh0st, I may not have any proof on the internet but I know for sure as hell that they a lot go through "Coyotes" (excuse my Spanish). They charge around anywhere from $3-5k

Old 11-12-2007, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahma View Post
your trying to play a game of semantics again, and I wont bite.
no, im not playing any games. when people make a claim, i ask for it to be verified. its how you can tell who is talking straight and who is making up crap or believing crap that they read.

Old 11-12-2007, 04:46 AM

1,332 posts, read 1,989,850 times
Default This is certainly interesting...

The direction (or lack of direction) that this topic is taking, and the diversity of the posts is really interesting.

I guess if you wanted to do a test to see if the people that we elect are truly a reflection of our population - this thread would be a valid study.

It kind of reflects what goes on in goverment. Even though I presented a topic that would be of concern to everyone, and there should be a general consensus that yes, this is a problem and something should be done about it - we have the discussion going all over the place, even arguing semantics.

So, I guess it isn't that our Congress is necessarily a fluke collection of "do-nothings" - it actually reflects our society, and the directions that we think...It's us!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration