U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 10:19 PM

33,135 posts, read 30,388,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
I guess you are among the third of non-Hispanic Americans that are mistaken about that:

Could it be that more Hispanic immigrants are here legally rather than illegally?...

That entire diatribe appears to be directed at Hispanics, whom actually aren't a race among themselves...

Praytell how does one enter Mexico "illegally"?...
The Mexicans actually have a check point too going South if you weren't aware of it. Climbing the fence into Mexico or bypassing the check points would be entering illegally, wouldn't it? Your entire diatribe appears to be racially motivated, par normal. Don't forget that it isn't just your "people" crossing illegally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2013, 11:22 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,040,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
The Mexicans actually have a check point too going South if you weren't aware of it. Climbing the fence into Mexico or bypassing the check points would be entering illegally, wouldn't it? Your entire diatribe appears to be racially motivated, par normal. Don't forget that it isn't just your "people" crossing illegally.
Who are my "people"? I have zero ancestry that is Hispanic or from Mexico. Sourcing an article correcting a mistaken notion is not "racially motivated", you're lost. Here is the quote again:

Quote:
A new poll released by by the National Hispanic Media Coalition and Latino Decisions finds over 30 percent of non-Hispanics believe a majority (over half) of Hispanics are undocumented. However, the actual figure of undocumented Hispanics in the U.S. is around 18 percent, and only 37 percent of U.S. Hispanics are actually immigrants, according to the Pew Hispanic Center.

In my response I identified that Hispanics aren't themselves a "race"...

I've been through every possible type of Mexican checkpoints. You might be thinking that their side of the Port of Entry is a "checkpoint", but the whole interaction is typically with a two-color streetlight: Green light to proceed through, red light (generally less that one in a dozen odds) the inspectors check what you are carrying. Note that NO immigration or citizenship checks are performed on people, they are searching your luggage.

You're going to get more attention on the U.S. side trying to cross a fence southbound, and entry as a pedestrian doesn't even require a random check if you aren't carrying anything. The point where anyone that is not a Mexican National needs a permit (the "FMM", the Mexican state of Baja California is permit-free) are dozens of miles inland. A seven-day permit is cost-free, a permit of up to 180 days is about $25 USD.

Only "IMN" (immigration) officials check the FMM. I've have had several trips never asked for mine. The IMN offices are all over the place, on my last trip we extended my seven-day permit. Why not get a permit if it is free or low cost?

Old 08-02-2013, 08:07 PM

32,150 posts, read 14,858,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback55 View Post
Well people, the circular arguments are ubiquitous.
Back in the 1930’s, ALL Hispanics were deported. Yes, even American citizensthat had been born here and their families had lived for generations onAmerican soil. It doesn’t sound fair, does it? Many came back to start fromscratch and have clawed their way up in a few short generations. This does notspeak well of the Caucasians.
All those guys are dead so lets get on with it.
Secure the border? Yep but we have 4.The port Authority is run by the Chinese on both the east and west coast. Ithas been mentioned before that the Asians are taking many of the high tech jobsnot because they are genetically smarter, but because they focus on what theywant and dedicate every waking moment to their goal. Americans are too easilydistracted and pick colleges based on their “Social life”. When was the lasttime you saw an American born doctor? Aren’t they all foreign born?Why are the Roofers, Landscapers, and Maids mostly Hispanic? Because all theCollege educated White-folk think these jobs are beneath them.
If we build a wall it will be made by Jose & Juan.
The same old lying crap all over again about how Americans won't do blue-collared jobs. Has nothing to do with the greedy employers wanting cheap, illegal labor instead, would it? Naw, it's just those lazy Americans who refuse to do them. All of my doctors are American born and they are young. You were saying?

Still crying about the past I see also. Is that supposed to justify illegal immigration into our country today? I don't think so! We've heard all this crap over and over in here and it's getting tiresome.

Old 08-02-2013, 11:16 PM

3,186 posts, read 5,511,478 times
They expect to stay and not have to pay. They want to instantly become citizens just like us and demand anything they want. In my state the children of illegals have been granted drivers license . But that isn't good enough. They protested in our streets because their license did not look exactly like everyone elses.This should tell us something about how these people think.Giving amnesty to 25 million people is going to open a can of worms because they will know then that they can not be deported and the chaos will begin. Wait and see

Old 08-03-2013, 11:38 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,999,077 times
Quote:
Well people, the circular arguments are ubiquitous.
Back in the 1930’s, ALL Hispanics were deported. Yes, even American citizensthat had been born here and their families had lived for generations onAmerican soil. It doesn’t sound fair, does it? Many came back to start fromscratch and have clawed their way up in a few short generations. This does notspeak well of the Caucasians.
All those guys are dead so lets get on with it.
Secure the border? Yep but we have 4.The port Authority is run by the Chinese on both the east and west coast. Ithas been mentioned before that the Asians are taking many of the high tech jobsnot because they are genetically smarter, but because they focus on what theywant and dedicate every waking moment to their goal. Americans are too easilydistracted and pick colleges based on their “Social life”. When was the lasttime you saw an American born doctor? Aren’t they all foreign born?Why are the Roofers, Landscapers, and Maids mostly Hispanic? Because all theCollege educated White-folk think these jobs are beneath them.
If we build a wall it will be made by Jose & Juan.
All my Doctors are American born.
The question about roofers etc. Perhaps because the illegals work for a fraction of what a legal would be paid? You can do this when you dont have to pay taxes. That said my home was built by american contractors and american laborers. My neighbor is building a house and guess what? There isn't a hispanic on the crew.
The college educated white folks? Hmmm Could be they have jobs behind a desk and can afford to pay someone else to build their houses.
If that wall is built by illegals it will be because some bleeding heart politicians demanded it.

Old 08-03-2013, 12:06 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,999,077 times
Quote:
It is refreshing seeing all the same arguments made knowing there are no links provided, only opinion.

So, all you guys said your doctors are all American and all your roofers are American?

Then, whats the problem????
The problem is that there are some who claim that only illegals are willing to do blue collar work.. Do you have links to prove this is true? Some posters claim that americans are too lazy to cut our own lawns. Where are the links to prove this? Aside from my son and on a few occasions my neighbors I have always mowed my acres of lawn myself.
Some posters claim that if we don't use illegal labor then costs will skyrocket. I submit that is an assumption based on the idea that contractors, farmers or whoever hires illegals pass on the savings to the consumer. I would say the opposite is true. They pocket the savings.
My doctors. They are my doctors and I think I would know if they are foreigners especially since we are also friends.
I am married to a legal immigrant now a citizen. Please how do I post a link to prove this?

Old 08-03-2013, 01:30 PM

5,527 posts, read 5,866,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
They're also furious about any hint that they should learn English or pay any fee. Even though the proposed fees are ridiculously low for the law breakers, much lower than those who immigrate legally must pay, they object to them. They expected complete amnesty, nothing expected from the illegals at all.

Presente - Latinos to Obama, Senate on Immigration: We Voted For Citizenship, Not More Punishment

“We call on President Obama and Congress to propose concrete legislation that leads to the immediate removal of unnecessary barriers to citizenship that are in the Senate legislation: fees, language requirements, unfair employment verification and other obstacles. We demand all 11 to 12 million. No less."
They're crazy. USCIS is what, 99% funded by fees? If they want immigration benefits, they're gonna pay for them. That's never, ever going to change. And if they don't know English or care to educate themselves, then they'll likely have to hire an immigration attorney even for simple and/or routine applications which will usually cost thousands more. Or they can pay a notario to screw up their case and then they'll have to hire an attorney anyway when they get placed in removal proceedings. Although I'm sure they want the private bar to provide their services pro bono too

Say what you want, but one thing about illegal immigration is that most illegal immigrants do have to pay considerable amounts of money sooner or later, not only to the US government but also to attorneys if they want legal status here... which in some indirect way does feed into the economy. And in my opinion, this is a good thing. It doesn't make up for them entering illegally, but it's better than nothing IMO.

Old 08-03-2013, 02:32 PM

10,940 posts, read 5,190,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
True, last week there was a big protest here, big mexican flags and all, they were protesting against the amnesty bill of the senate. They want zero enforcement of the border, they want all fences taken down, not more put up. They are opposed to any talk of future limits on illegal entries.
They won't get any of that - I guess they all conveniently forget how the Protests in 2006 blew up any chance of an Immigration Bill. The more they "push", the more "push-back" they will receive. I can't think of a worse way to try and push through any Immigration Reform. Things will go from Bad to Worse.

2006 United States Immigration Reform Protests

Old 08-03-2013, 02:39 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,040,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
They won't get any of that - I guess they all conveniently forget how the Protests in 2006 blew up any chance of an Immigration Bill. The more they "push", the more "push-back" they will receive. I can't think of a worse way to try and push through any Immigration Reform. Things will go from Bad to Worse.

2006 United States Immigration Reform Protests
The El Pas event that "malamute" refers to wasn't really that "big" (250 people), nor did it have "big Mexican flags"...

Old 08-03-2013, 03:21 PM

32,150 posts, read 14,858,944 times
Quote:
It is refreshing seeing all the same arguments made knowing there are no links provided, only opinion.

So, all you guys said your doctors are all American and all your roofers are American?

Then, whats the problem????
Seems it is you with the problem trying to claim that there aren't any American born doctors or American roofers when you were proven wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration