Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 09:21 AM

424 posts, read 467,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I don't think so. Us regular folks will fight this "illegal alien" amnesty tooth and nail.
Like when they reelected Obummer? I'm still waiting on this uprising. Truth be told, I'm afraid that there's less interest in it now that the economy is improving. Before long, you yourself will be clamoring for someone to come cut your grass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2013, 10:02 AM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
They have no right to demand anything.
Too bad our government seems to think so.

Old 08-12-2013, 03:36 PM

50,269 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
So some petulant fees (especially any paid to an immigration lawyer) are enough to cover their social costs while being here illegally? So some fees that will allow them to stay here and retain American jobs or compete for them is a plus to our economy?

Sorry but amnesty is not imminent and in fact I think it is dead in the water and rightly so. Just because they are here doesn't mean we shouldn't encourage them to leave by removing the job incentives, benefits and birthright citizenship for their kids. There is nothing extreme about that nor any other ways of enforcing our immigration laws. They deserve nothing just because "they are here".
It appears it is dead for sure. I'm sure they will push through some piecemeal garbage to entice voters. They won't learn though as they've been hearing amnesty amnesy amnesty forever and it hasn't happened.

Old 08-12-2013, 04:57 PM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
It appears it is dead for sure. I'm sure they will push through some piecemeal garbage to entice voters. They won't learn though as they've been hearing amnesty amnesy amnesty forever and it hasn't happened.
Well Obama can't serve another term so I doubt he really gives a hoot about any amnesty now. He got his Hispanic vote by promising amnesty in the last election and that was the bottom line goal so he succeeded at what he set out to do. Besides, the Democrat controlled Senate passed a bill and the GOP controlled House is backing off on it so the Dems can blame the GOP for it not passing in the 2016 presidential election and still garner the bulk of the Hispanic vote. I guess the rest of us are just chopped liver.

Old 08-12-2013, 05:12 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
They have no right to demand anything.

The nerve of these people!

I'd love to go to a Country i love, and just put the demands on them. This demand that demand, and see what sort of reaction i'd get.

Any of you wonder what that response might just be.

Or is there no Other Country out there as stupid and ignorant as ours is.

Old 08-12-2013, 06:37 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I can demand things too.

I DEMAND that you go back where you came from. You are not wanted here.
Agreed.

Tho IMHO the chance of any amnesty seems to be going away real fast, even for some Dream Act people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration