Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 04:14 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,950,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Unless your an educated Mexican that has a steady job-- this does not apply to you.
Thats what I was talking about in the first place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2007, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
Prologic, allow me to respectfully disagree with you, this kind of thought is what has caused so much harm and strain to the relationships between Mexico and America.

I've personally met people who came from the poorest and most forsaken communities in Mexico who became succesful self made people, a lot of people who decided to abandone those communities to make themselves a future in cities and prosperous states have done it.

3 stories:

The father of a friend was born in a Tarahumara tribe, he doesn't even know the exact date of his birth because there are no records, very young he left to Mexico city trying to make a future for himself, he lived in orphan houses moving from one to another and trying to study as hard as possible, he got a Chemical engineer degree at the IPN - Instituto Politecnico Nacional (National Polytechnical Institute) and he started a business called Lavoset, who develops soap, and cleaning products for clothes, he opened a chain of dry laundry services in Mexico city which has had a lot of success, he has 2 kids a young man about my age who is a very good friend of mine and a teenage girl.

His son, has 2 degrees one in Computer Science which he got @ the Tecnologico de Monterrey (Monterrey's Technological) one of Mexico's best private universities, it is a very expensive University, but he got an scholarship because of his good grades, he also got another Major in Phillosophy @ the UNAM - Universidad Nacional Autonoma de México (Mexico's National Autonomous University) now he's studying a Master's degree in Phillosophy in England, paid by the CONACYT - Consejo Nacional de Ciencia y Tecnología (National Ministery of Science and Technology).

The uncle of my girlfriend was born of a family who lives in a town that is among the 100 poorest towns in Mexico, he was born in a family that had 12 kids already, and all kinds of sheeps, fowl and other farm animals inside his house, fed up with this lifestyle he came to Mexico city, got his GED and got a degree in administration studying at Night School, he now works for Lala, a Mexican dairy products firm and he has a very high positition there.

The father of my best friend was born in Xaltipan a small town in the state of Veracruz full of Olmec ruins, after finishing highschool he came to Mexico city to study @ the UNAM he got a degree in Electronic engineering and got a Job at Digital, which became Compaq and then HP, his son, my friend dropped high school and decided to study Photography, his ortography sucks and his parents were worried that he would never make a succesful living, but he had always a passion for corals and learnt how to grow them, he was able to get an investor to start a coral farm and he's starting to have a lot of success, the farm is still in the developing process but when it's ready I'm gonna post the url for you to see.

If you want to do it, you can do it, it was much harder before than now.

Look I don't have a formal education either as I dropped out from highschool as well, it wasn't just for me but I've never had a hard time getting a job or being succesful, if you seek you'll find, if you think you can you'll do it, but if you don't then you won't.

Love and Light!

Me and my family have driven from Bay Area, CA all the way down to past Guadalajara Mexico and even down to Mexico City. Every time we pass by those village towns with people living in cardboard boxes my dad says "Wow, whats waiting for them in their lives" Sorry for the crappy translation-- not allowed to use Spanish remember? A lot of the people there can't go to school because they have to help their family out in the fields. What can we expect from this? They can become like their parents and work in the fields or they can come to the U.S for a better life.

Old 11-10-2007, 04:19 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,435,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Thats what I was talking about in the first place.
I don't have a steady job man, my job is as unsteady as it gets, I depend on gigs to make a living, sometimes months can pass without having a single one (although lately this has changed) when I decided to follow this path my parents told me that I should go back to school, because I was going to regret it later on, but I didn't care, I'm good to teach so I give courses when times get rough, and if I'm lacking money I keep thinking what can I do to get some money by honest means (it usually works) I've been through rough times, of not having a single penny in my pocket, but I never cared I don't depend that much on material things and I always had faith in God and his mercy.

However I saw your post about the fields, hmmm maybe those people should be granted a chance to work legally in the United States, but that depends on American citizens, just like you, you live there, soon you will be able to vote and make a difference.

But tell me what makes some really poor people stay in Mexico while others migrate? contrary to the popular belief, most poor people decides to stay and fight instead of emigrating, even if they have to sell gorditas or tamales at the streets, this is something I would love to know.

Near my house, there is an old lady who always puts his post outside of an OXXO (a Mexican franchise of convenience stores) she's done this for ages and never complained, there is another person a middle aged man called Miguel who has a Tacos de canasta post next to Bancomer (an important Bank here) he is a happy person who always has a kind smile to share and makes awesome tacos too, he is building a home, humble but nice product of his hard work why these people decided to stay here? what makes them different from those who go?

This is something I'd pay to know really, because I want to do something, whatever is possible to convince my fellow countrymen to come back!

Love and Light!

Last edited by Travelling fella; 11-10-2007 at 04:37 PM..

Old 11-10-2007, 04:45 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,128,260 times
Quote:
Me and my family have driven from Bay Area, CA all the way down to past Guadalajara Mexico and even down to Mexico City. Every time we pass by those village towns with people living in cardboard boxes my dad says "Wow, whats waiting for them in their lives" Sorry for the crappy translation-- not allowed to use Spanish remember? A lot of the people there can't go to school because they have to help their family out in the fields. What can we expect from this? They can become like their parents and work in the fields or they can come to the U.S for a better life.
What you just described sounds suspiciously like the Black and White sharecroppers in the American South after the Civil War.

They were some poor and uneducated people.

Old 11-10-2007, 04:46 PM

377 posts, read 684,661 times
It’s so sad however, the rural and poor of Mexico that make up the bulk of all Illegals in the U.S., and who by all means have for so far and for so long been marginalized by the Mexican Government, probably don’t or can’t relate to any part or beauty of Mexico anymore, or anything else to that matter that may be stressed profoundly through those splendid breathtaking photos.

Old 11-10-2007, 04:48 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
This post is for all the Mexican users of CD, specially those who decided to immigrate illegaly to America.

Please understand Americans for wanting their laws to be respected, your country needs you!! Don't shun her!! Hear her call!!!

She is sad and misses you, she is crying because of your loss, she misses her lost sons and she is crying because of that.

Please view these pictures and remember the country you decided to shun and abandon.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/mexic...os-mexico.html

Think about it, do you really want to live like that? here you are a citizen and can demand rights, you don't have to fear deportation and you can vote and that means something!!

Did you try to look for oportunities here in Mexican cities and states? or you just went to America because everybody else is going?

From a Mexican to a Mexican, think about it.

And for my american friends who are reading this post, if you want to come to Mexico, my home is yours, I'm sure most of you would come legally because you were taught to respect laws and abide to them, if you've made that choice and do it legally, welcome to Mexico señor!!

yours truly

a Mexican who feels blessed to be born in this beautiful land.
from a gabacho to a mexican

mexico treats is people really bad they is why they come here.
when they figure that out they will become americans and never go back.

Old 11-10-2007, 04:49 PM

It’s so sad however, the rural and poor of Mexico that make up the bulk of all Illegals in the U.S., and who by all means have for so far and for so long been marginalized by the Mexican Government, probably don’t or can’t relate to any part or beauty of Mexico anymore, or anything else to that matter that may be stressed profoundly through those splendid breathtaking photos.

Old 11-10-2007, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunky39 View Post
from a gabacho to a mexican

mexico treats is people really bad they is why they come here.
when they figure that out they will become americans and never go back.
Its not that they treat its people bad but they don't really take care of the people. The people feel misplaced and they come here.

Old 11-10-2007, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Its not that they treat its people bad but they don't really take care of the people. The people feel misplaced and they come here.
Mexico needs a leader like Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador. I think he won the last general election in Mexico anyway.. I assure there will be great changes in Mexico especially for the poor.

Old 11-10-2007, 06:08 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,435,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordfish View Post
Mexico needs a leader like Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador. I think he won the last general election in Mexico anyway.. I assure there will be great changes in Mexico especially for the poor.
Dear Swordfish: Please don't tell me you believe that, I did and I was going to vote for him, but I couldn't because I was touring around Brazil at that time, I saw his true colors after he lost the election, messing with the rights of us citizens who voted him in with his stupid marches and fits, (I believe in democracy and protests) but he hijacked Mexico's city most important avenue for 3 months, making a lot of business owners going broke, a lot of people who voted him in were among the affected, he then declared himself legitimate president of Mexico at the Zocalo (Mexico's city main plaza) surrounded by an army of loyal party followers only, he made a mess in Mexico city when he was the major and made a mess after loosing the elections, fortunately as Calderon has been lifting this country and her economy to unprecedented levels http://www.city-data.com/forum/mexic...ng-strong.html
most people stopped believing in him, if he had won he would have been like the old Mexican presidents that we had.

1 He would enact programs and laws for the poor without money to pay for them

2 He would have printed more money to pay for those things and would have started to borrow heavily

3 After a 3 years bonanza of high growth rates we would have, inflation, then hyperinflantion, then a devaluation, prices would raise as foam, wages would crumble, purchasing power which has been slowly recovering since we got macroeconomic stability would vanish again, people would get angry and desperate and thousands more would immigrate illegaly to the US then he would become the most hated president in Mexico's history, just like Salinas de Gortari.

Thank God he didn't win, most people believed in him because Fox was a deception, but Calderon has proven to be a great president, he might leave his mark in Mexico and make it to history books as one of Mexico's greatest presidents if he continues the way he's going.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration