U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 08:40 PM

29,754 posts, read 12,447,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Actually, I've done quite a bit of research on the issue of human trafficking, which is why I'm a proponent of legalizing and regulating prostitution. However, that's for another thread. In this thread is the question of why the illegal alien was in the United States in the first place. If we had secure borders and a government that was willing to toss the illegals out rather than grant them amnesty, there is a very good chance that this crime would not have happened.

Whether or not I'm upset about people being mistreated has no bearing on the question of whether or not they should be in the country. Immigrants have a legal way of gaining entry into this country. It isn't a fast process, nor is it an easy process. It doesn't need to be fast or easy. If someone wants to enter this country, they should do so in the legal manner. Illegal immigrants should be exported back to their birthplace immediately upon discovery.

As for the people who smuggled the workers into the country, I would prefer that they not return to their country of origin. For someone who mistreats other human beings to such an extent, capital punishment should be the only choice of sentence upon conviction. They've already proven their inability to coexist with others, so what's the point of locking them up?
The issue I have is people that focus on one woman being attacked at a 7-11 by one illegal immigrant, one of the largest crime issues we have is gangs with residency status. If they really wanted to do something about illegal immigration they would address the employers of this individual, exporting each back to their country of origin is not reasonable. The point is we turn a blind eye to businesses that employ these people, one woman attacked at a 7-11 is not the issue.

Old 07-25-2013, 08:58 PM

5,936 posts, read 6,375,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInHouston View Post
Cause legal citizens never commit crimes.
Well, but all illegals have committed at least one crime.

Old 07-25-2013, 08:58 PM

3,029 posts, read 2,033,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The issue I have is people that focus on one woman being attacked at a 7-11 by one illegal immigrant, one of the largest crime issues we have is gangs with residency status. If they really wanted to do something about illegal immigration they would address the employers of this individual, exporting each back to their country of origin is not reasonable. The point is we turn a blind eye to businesses that employ these people, one woman attacked at a 7-11 is not the issue.
yep. if people really cared about undocumented immigrants they would scrap the xenophobia and paranoia and advocate for laws that penalize employers and landlords who rent to undocumented immigrants.

Old 07-25-2013, 09:11 PM

6,709 posts, read 7,381,174 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
yep. if people really cared about undocumented immigrants they would scrap the xenophobia and paranoia and advocate for laws that penalize employers and landlords who rent to undocumented immigrants.
We're actually in agreement that the core of the problem lies with the employers/landlords/enablers. These are the people who should targeted and punished extensively for their actions. That doesn't change my opinion that anyone who is here illegally should be quickly shipped out of the country. In the greater scheme of things, the cost of a plane ticket is far less than the cost of allowing illegal immigrants to stay in the country.

Old 07-25-2013, 10:24 PM

13,341 posts, read 10,944,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
This I am in agreement with about employers and anhone else who facilitates illegals. Bust tbem in the chops, and ship the illegals back, forthwith. I'm ok with making the facilitators financially responsible for their one way ticket to their country of origin, as well.

"Xenophobia" does not fit with what people are feeling about illegals. It's, straight up, anger. No irrational fear involved. I, personally, hold no sympathy for either illegals or faciltators thereof. If people want to come here, fine. Do it in daylight, with tbeir heads beld up. Not skulking through the border and sneaking around like rats. The ones who rob, rape and murder, we should ship home in body bags and bill their home country for the shipping cost.

Old 07-26-2013, 01:50 AM

846 posts, read 912,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
Well, but all illegals have committed at least one crime.
Not exactly. Physically crossing the border would be considered a federal "crime". Overstaying your visa is not a crime but a misdemeanor. There is no "criminal" law against being in the States illegally.

Old 07-26-2013, 02:22 AM

1,577 posts, read 1,673,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
Woman sexually attacked at Long Island 7-Eleven - New York News

Diversity is coming quickly to Long Island!
Do a search on the 7-eleven franchise owners and managers that have been arrested for importing illegal aliens to work in those stores. A dozen or so on Long Island alone. Is it any wonder there are illegals around there?

And, you either have a very attractive 48 year old or a desperate 25 year old alien.

Old 07-26-2013, 07:52 AM

31,886 posts, read 14,678,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audioque View Post
Not exactly. Physically crossing the border would be considered a federal "crime". Overstaying your visa is not a crime but a misdemeanor. There is no "criminal" law against being in the States illegally.

How many do you suppose are working with fake or stolen ID's or working under the table and evading taxes? Those most definitely are crimes. I don't care what you choose to call it but coming here illegally is still a violation of our immigration laws and subject to deportation.

Old 07-26-2013, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
This I am in agreement with about employers and anhone else who facilitates illegals. Bust tbem in the chops, and ship the illegals back, forthwith. I'm ok with making the facilitators financially responsible for their one way ticket to their country of origin, as well.

"Xenophobia" does not fit with what people are feeling about illegals. It's, straight up, anger. No irrational fear involved. I, personally, hold no sympathy for either illegals or faciltators thereof. If people want to come here, fine. Do it in daylight, with tbeir heads beld up. Not skulking through the border and sneaking around like rats. The ones who rob, rape and murder, we should ship home in body bags and bill their home country for the shipping cost.
You're correct. Xenophobia never fit what law abiding Americans feel about illegal immigration. Xenophobia is a fear of strangers. Just what national/ethnic group is a stranger to our country? It's just one of those false labels that the pro-illegals put on Americans opposed to "illegal" immigration to demonize them.

Old 07-26-2013, 08:01 AM

Quote:
No, we do not turn a blind eye to the employers! You appear to be new in here and we anti-illegals have discussed the employers over and over and our desire to see them severely punished and for e-verify to be mandarted in every workplace. Many in congress want the same thing. Getting all of congress to cooperate on this is another thing altogether.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or