U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 07:03 AM

846 posts, read 909,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
How many do you suppose are working with fake or stolen ID's or working under the table and evading taxes? Those most definitely are crimes.
So I suppose you would agree that those who aren't working like children or people who came here only for their family aren't likely to be committing "crime" then.

Quote:
I don't care what you choose to call it but coming here illegally is still a violation of our immigration laws and subject to deportation.

What is exactly illegal about coming in here with your passport with travel, student or working visa? Cause that's how people who overstayed their visas came in.

Old 07-26-2013, 07:07 AM

31,488 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
yep. if people really cared about undocumented immigrants they would scrap the xenophobia and paranoia and advocate for laws that penalize employers and landlords who rent to undocumented immigrants.
There is no xenophobia in the issue of illegal immigration. Read my prior post on what xenophobia actually is! Since you used the PC term "undocumented immigrants" it doesn't surprise me that you would call those of us for the rule of law xenophobics. It is a common unwarranted word used by the pro-illegals to demonize us. We do advocate for the employers and landlords to be punished. Evidently you haven't been reading this forum for very long or you would know that. By the way, the employers and the illegal employees are equally guilty!

Old 07-26-2013, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audioque View Post
So I suppose you would agree that those who aren't working like children or people who came here only for their family aren't likely to be committing "crime" then.

What is exactly illegal about coming in here with your passport with travel, student or working visa? Cause that's how people who overstayed their visas came in.
Read my lips...it is against the law to come here illegally whether one is working or not. There is nothing illegal about coming here with a passport/visa. What is illegal is overstaying one's visa. This is elementary. Both those who come here without permission and those who come here with permission but overstay their visas are here illegally. What part of that aren't you getting?

Old 07-26-2013, 07:18 AM

846 posts, read 909,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Read my lips...it is against the law to come here illegally whether one is working or not. There is nothing illegal about coming here with a passport/visa. What is illegal is overstaying one's visa. This is elementary. Both those who come here without permission and those who come here with permission but overstay their visas are here illegally. What part of that aren't you getting?
The part where "illegal" automatically means one is committing a "crime" which was what I was arguing against. If you didn't support the argument VLWH was conveying with post #68, then what is your issue with my argument?

Old 07-26-2013, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
un·doc·u·ment·ed (n-dky-mntd)
adj.1. Not supported by written evidence: undocumented income tax deductions; undocumented accusations.
2. Not having the needed documents, as for permission to live or work in a foreign country.

n. A person not having proper documentation, especially for immigration.

im·mi·grant

/ˈimigrənt/

Noun
  • A person who comes to live permanently in a foreign country.
  • An animal or plant living or growing in a region to which it has migrated.
seems pretty accurate to me. illegal alien just says nasty and ignorant imo, so I prefer undocumented immigrant.
Like it or not illegal alien is the term used in immigration law. Illegal= an unlawful act. Alien =a foreigner. Where is the nastiness in that? It is an ample description of someone who is here in violation of our immigration laws. You and your PC crowd do not get to change a legal term to your liking to soften and play down what they actually are. They have plenty of documents....all fake or stolen. So no, they aren't undocumented. An illegal alien is not an "immigrant" in the true sense of the word either. If one is going to use the word immigrant then they need to decipher between the ones here who came legally and those who did not. They are two entirely different groups and those lines shouldn't be blurred.

What's next? Do we change the words thief, rapist, murderer to more PC terms so as not to offend them?

Old 07-26-2013, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I call BS!

Those poor undocumented people are ONLY here to earn a living for their families and get a decent education!
Yeah, on the backs of the American taxpayer/worker and in violation of our laws.

Old 07-26-2013, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
because the racist are tired of commiserating ad nauseam without retore. they sneak over to P&OC for fresh blood
Where is the racism in this issue other than from those with an ethnocentric interest in defending and rewarding illegals just because most are of their ethnic group or have ethnic ties to them? Sneak over to the P&OC forum? Hmm, how does one do that? Isn't it an open forum for discussion just like this one?

Old 07-26-2013, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audioque View Post
The part where "illegal" automatically means one is committing a "crime" which was what I was arguing against. If you didn't support the argument VLWH was conveying with post #68, then what is your issue with my argument?
The only ones who may not have committed a crime are those who were brought here as children and that is only if they have never worked illegally in our country. The majority of illegals are adults and if they are coming here for a better life then what is the likelihood that they never held a job here? They all however are here in violation of our immigration laws and that's just a fact.

Old 07-26-2013, 10:21 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,884,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInHouston View Post
By that theory, we should also close the border to foreign travelers, international students, foreign dignitaries/heads of state as a percentage of them all commit crimes as well. Obviously once we do that, our citizens will no longer be allowed to travel abroad at which point we'll be forced to become a completely self-sufficient nation... how very communist of you!
Absolute nonsense. Every Nation on the planet has immigration laws which they tend to enforce with more rigor than we do our own. This Nation allows more legal immigration than all others combined. What does this tell you? That other nations control their immigration and often have much higher standards than we do. We absolutely should control our borders as most other nations do.

Old 07-26-2013, 01:19 PM

23,599 posts, read 31,152,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInHouston View Post
Cause legal citizens never commit crimes.
Obviously they do. However, crimes committed by illegals are crimes that were easily avoided if we had simply enforced our laws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or