U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 11-11-2007, 02:22 PM
 
Location: Eagan, Minnesota
751 posts, read 844,905 times
Reputation: 151

Advertisements

I find most of the immigration discussions here to be very far-sighted and I am appalled by how little the average American knows about immigration. It seems like people have not realized that in 50 years, Mexicans will be the majority in this country, whether you like it or not. Good luck trying to revert the process.

 
Old 11-11-2007, 02:30 PM
 
273 posts, read 178,299 times
Reputation: 101
Thank God I'll be dead in fifty years.
 
Old 11-11-2007, 02:34 PM
 
Location: Southern Arizona
9,308 posts, read 25,657,329 times
Reputation: 10566
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo-me View Post
Thank God I'll be dead in fifty years.
LOL . . . Pablo-me!
 
Old 11-11-2007, 02:48 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeache View Post
I find most of the immigration discussions here to be very far-sighted and I am appalled by how little the average American knows about immigration. It seems like people have not realized that in 50 years, Mexicans will be the majority in this country, whether you like it or not. Good luck trying to revert the process.
With a birthrate SOB barely above replacement level......it will be very interesting where your 'Mexican' majority will come from.

If anything; I still maintain that the northern tier of Mx states (Baja Californa el Norte/del Sur through Nuevo Leon) will likely become parts of the USA well within 50 years barring Mexico getting its act together first.
 
Old 11-11-2007, 02:54 PM
 
3,712 posts, read 5,709,656 times
Reputation: 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
With a birthrate SOB barely above replacement level......it will be very interesting where your 'Mexican' majority will come from.

If anything; I still maintain that the northern tier of Mx states (Baja Californa el Norte/del Sur through Nuevo Leon) will likely become parts of the USA well within 50 years barring Mexico getting its act together first.
That would be one of the worst things that could possibly happen, IMO.
 
Old 11-11-2007, 03:05 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
That would be one of the worst things that could possibly happen, IMO.
Actually; Mexico is uneasy at the prospect of losing Nuevo Leon, that Mx state is quite affluent by their standards. Industry, etc.
 
Old 11-11-2007, 03:18 PM
 
Location: The world, where will fate take me this time?
3,162 posts, read 10,295,946 times
Reputation: 1423
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
With a birthrate SOB barely above replacement level......it will be very interesting where your 'Mexican' majority will come from.

If anything; I still maintain that the northern tier of Mx states (Baja Californa el Norte/del Sur through Nuevo Leon) will likely become parts of the USA well within 50 years barring Mexico getting its act together first.
Hmmm AB I think it's more probable to have a NAU than those states becoming part of the USA, and as both are highly unprobable I guess things will remain pretty much the same until something big happens or too much time passes.

But imho I'd give a 5% chance of those states becoming part of the USA and a 7% chance of having a NAU within the next 10 years, and a 50% chance of Mexico's doubling it's GDP within the next 25 years

Respect!
 
Old 11-11-2007, 04:32 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
Hmmm AB I think it's more probable to have a NAU than those states becoming part of the USA, and as both are highly unprobable I guess things will remain pretty much the same until something big happens or too much time passes.

But imho I'd give a 5% chance of those states becoming part of the USA and a 7% chance of having a NAU within the next 10 years, and a 50% chance of Mexico's doubling it's GDP within the next 25 years

Respect!
TF: I hope that Mexico does what you hope for.
 
Old 11-11-2007, 04:37 PM
 
2,432 posts, read 6,003,968 times
Reputation: 1009
I'll be dead in 50 years as well. Although I actually do believe in reincarnation, so karma would dictate since I'm so anti-illegal alien in this life, in my next life I'll probably be an illegal alien myself. So either way I should end up in the majority.
 
Old 11-11-2007, 07:57 PM
 
376 posts, read 611,975 times
Reputation: 106
It’s very possible what the OP wrote may well be very true.

For reasons I think like these below,

1. The feminist movement in the so called “developed world” has demonized the traditional role of women as we know it. E.g., our pre and baby boom moms, our grandmothers and so on going back in years…

2. More marriages in the so called “developed world” now days are becoming more or less about convenience then anything else.

3. Most of the marriages in the so called “developed world” have a fifty/fifty chance of lasting.

4. In these marriages there are now less children being born.

5. This is a capitalist society, or as some people say, a cannibalistic society-a man eat man society. I guess there are some people who see the benefit of hiring Illegals.

More children are also being born out of wedlock in the so called “developed world” compared to other areas of the world. 60% of these children are more likely to end up in some serious type of unproductive predicament. Like I said before in other threads, this is exactly a major reason why there is such a huge influx of immigrants in this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top