U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-05-2013, 04:10 PM
 
31,471 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Reputation: 8348

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Where have I called you a racist? Go back through my posts and quote me. For that matter show me where I called anyone a racist. I'll wait.
Oh, I don't know let's start with this just for starters as I am not going to go back thru all of your posts in here. What you are saying is that it is feasible to deem me as a racist therefore the insinuation that I must one.

"You are not the most diplomatic person when expressing yourself nor do you don't know how to debate when someone doesn't agree with you and your "style" may cause one to see a racist behind the keyboard."

I rest my case. I am so done with your unciviliy and false accusations of me in here. No need to read or reply to your posts ever again.

Last edited by Oldglory; 08-05-2013 at 05:00 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-05-2013, 04:24 PM
 
6,335 posts, read 4,254,736 times
Reputation: 1640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
Uhm..OK?
It's a big deal. Remember Clayton Bigsby
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-05-2013, 04:42 PM
 
Location: California
2,477 posts, read 1,711,133 times
Reputation: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
It's a big deal. Remember Clayton Bigsby
Hispanic ancestry has what to do with anything, exactly? Surely you're not attempting to claim hypocrisy.....or are you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-05-2013, 05:03 PM
 
31,471 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Reputation: 8348
[quote=Liquid Reigns;30828242] Hispanic ancestry has what to do with anything, exactly? Surely you're not attempting to claim hypocrisy.....or are you? [/quot

I think this is the same person who accused me of being Hispanic. I don't know where he gets his information from but it is totally false. There is one other person posting under this topic that insinuated that also and was probably the one he got his false information from. I am German and Irish and have no Spanish ancestors whatsoever that I know of. A family tree was done once. Um, nope!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-05-2013, 05:16 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,878,727 times
Reputation: 6517
It saddens me that even in a thread meant to have civil conversation it only took so long before the same old aggressive tactics come back. This is America and for the moment we are all allowed to have different opinions, beliefs and ideas. As adults we should be able to agree to disagree without it regressing into the school yard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-05-2013, 05:20 PM
 
31,471 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Reputation: 8348
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
It saddens me that even in a thread meant to have civil conversation it only took so long before the same old aggressive tactics come back. This is America and for the moment we are all allowed to have different opinions, beliefs and ideas. As adults we should be able to agree to disagree without it regressing into the school yard.
Agreed, but I won't back off when someone insults me and makes false accusations of me. That makes them the schoolyard bullies and I will defend myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-05-2013, 05:33 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,878,727 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Agreed, but I won't back off when someone insults me and makes false accusations of me. That makes them the schoolyard bullies and I will defend myself.
Some would argue that if you resort to the same behavior that they win. I'm not taking sides in the exchange or saying who is right or who is wrong. What I am saying is that it costs nothing to walk away from it or remain the more reasonable.
We can accomplish more from a reasonable approach than from blunt force trauma.
Softblueyes is a good person so is IBMuseum. I disagree with them often and often I can see their point without agreeing.
Sometimes on this forum it's like watching dogs who have been tied up on a chain finally get loose. It gets all territorial and fur flies over the slightest and often no provocation. It's as if everything is black or white, no room for compromise of any kind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-05-2013, 06:00 PM
 
31,471 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Reputation: 8348
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Some would argue that if you resort to the same behavior that they win. I'm not taking sides in the exchange or saying who is right or who is wrong. What I am saying is that it costs nothing to walk away from it or remain the more reasonable.
We can accomplish more from a reasonable approach than from blunt force trauma.
Softblueyes is a good person so is IBMuseum. I disagree with them often and often I can see their point without agreeing.
Sometimes on this forum it's like watching dogs who have been tied up on a chain finally get loose. It gets all territorial and fur flies over the slightest and often no provocation. It's as if everything is black or white, no room for compromise of any kind.
Only a coward would walk away from a character assassination without defending themselves, IMO. I don't care what "some" say. It is probably the words of those who initially attack others to silence you. If one doesn't defend themselves then to me that is admitting that the attacks are warranted. I try to set them straight civilly and within the rules of the forum. If I can't do that then I will report them to the mods.....you know "whining". We'll have to agree to disagree then.

Let's just say I know a lot more than you do about some of the members in here from other forums and I will just let it go at that. Just don't be fooled. I don't know if you were able to read one of my deleted posts from yesterday but it was a bit revealing. I will not compromise my country's future. No patriotic American would.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-05-2013, 06:22 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,878,727 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Only a coward would walk away from a character assassination without defending themselves, IMO. I don't care what "some" say. It is probably the words of those who initially attack others to silence you. If one doesn't defend themselves then to me that is admitting that the attacks are warranted. I try to set them straight civilly and within the rules of the forum. If I can't do that then I will report them to the mods.....you know "whining". We'll have to agree to disagree then.

Let's just say I know a lot more than you do about some of the members in here from other forums and I will just let it go at that. Just don't be fooled. I don't know if you were able to read one of my deleted posts from yesterday but it was a bit revealing. I will not compromise my country's future. No patriotic American would.
Wow I guess I am a coward then. Shot 3 times in battle cut once in hand to hand. I can live it. If a black man calls me cracker and I retort with the N word he just lowered me to his level. I refuse to allow someone to lower me, because they can't. Only I can do that.

I have black belts in 3 different martial arts. I used to do competition shooting. As a younger man I feared no man. I still don't. I just don't need to prove it at the drop of a hat.
I once had a man look me in the eye and call my mother a prostitute. ( He used a different word and it wasn't hooker). I looked him in the eye and laughed. I said I always wondered how my father and mother met. I walked away. My friends asked me why I let that guy get away with that insult. My reply? I was pretty sure my mother didn't want to see my name in the paper for being arrested. That man showed what he was. A low life scumbag. I made him look small and weak by turning my back on him and walking away.
Believe me it took more courage to give him my back than it would have for me to kick him in the side of the head or break one of his knees.
How well we know anyone on here is debatable unless we meet them in person. Your right though. I thought I knew some of the posters on here. Right before the unprovoked personal attacks on my immigrant wife started. It wasn't the anti-side laying out the insults either. It was they who defended.
You are entitled to your opinions. I respectfully disagree that only a coward would walk away or ignore it.
Like my grandfather used to say "You've accomplished nothing by besting a fool or a drunkard." He was the wisest man I have ever known. I live life by his example and lessons.
Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-05-2013, 06:27 PM
 
31,471 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Reputation: 8348
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Wow I guess I am a coward then. Shot 3 times in battle cut once in hand to hand. I can live it. If a black man calls me cracker and I retort with the N word he just lowered me to his level. I refuse to allow someone to lower me, because they can't. Only I can do that.

I have black belts in 3 different martial arts. I used to do competition shooting. As a younger man I feared no man. I still don't. I just don't need to prove it at the drop of a hat.
I once had a man look me in the eye and call my mother a prostitute. ( He used a different word and it wasn't hooker). I looked him in the eye and laughed. I said I always wondered how my father and mother met. I walked away. My friends asked me why I let that guy get away with that insult. My reply? I was pretty sure my mother didn't want to see my name in the paper for being arrested. That man showed what he was. A low life scumbag. I made him look small and weak by turning my back on him and walking away.
Believe me it took more courage to give him my back than it would have for me to kick him in the side of the head or break one of his knees.
How well we know anyone on here is debatable unless we meet them in person. Your right though. I thought I knew some of the posters on here. Right before the unprovoked personal attacks on my immigrant wife started. It wasn't the anti-side laying out the insults either. It was they who defended.
You are entitled to your opinions. I respectfully disagree that only a coward would walk away or ignore it.
Like my grandfather used to say "You've accomplished nothing by besting a fool or a drunkard." He was the wisest man I have ever known. I live life by his example and lessons.
Peace
I never called you a coward. I am merely reiterating my own phylosophy in life. If it isn't yours then so be it. I can respect that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top