U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2013, 09:25 AM

8,743 posts, read 5,564,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Nothing I have ever said nor implied makes me a racist. Those who disagree with my point of view call the truth, "racist". The truth is never racist. They are what they are.... just facts not merely my opinions. When I point out the many facts of illegal immigration these same people instead of proving the facts that I point out are not accurate they instead start with the personal insults and their favorite label of me and others who share my point of view is "racist". Good, another one I can add to my ignore list.
As if I care that you put me on ignore.

I'll ask once again - quote me where I have called you a racist? Either you can't because (1) I never did, or (2) you are lying. You leave no one a choice as it has to be number (2) because you can't quote me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2013, 09:28 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,917,032 times
Perceptions. Perceptions are a killer. For example when a poster claimed that the only reason my wife was successful where we work is because I have so much senority that she had it easy as a result, I perceived that as a personal attack. I still do for that matter. The fact that my wife speaks 5 languages, has 2 degrees, and has been a manager her entire adult life had nothing to do with her success. The fact that she doesn't even work for the same company as I do had nothing to do with me allegedly pulling strings for her.
Point is that posters will make posts based on their perceptions. Some will also use whatever they can to try and kick another in the ballz when they get angry.
There is no need for such behavior. This is about discussion, none of us have the power to change the laws. If only we did LOL. I ask that we think about this. This is a forum for discussion and sharing ideas. It doesn't have to be personal unless we take it there.

Old 08-06-2013, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
As if I care that you put me on ignore.

I'll ask once again - quote me where I have called you a racist? Either you can't because (1) I never did, or (2) you are lying. You leave no one a choice as it has to be number (2) because you can't quote me.
I remember 1 time you said I had nice blue eyes. Oh wait I wished that you did. I even imagined a candle burning or something. Ooops sorry that came out loud.
Seriously I have never read one of your posts where you called anyone racist.

Old 08-06-2013, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I remember 1 time you said I had nice blue eyes. Oh wait I wished that you did. I even imagined a candle burning or something. Ooops sorry that came out loud.
Thank you darlin.

Not on this forum.

I will admit to calling some people racists on the P&OC forum because they were so blatant about it. There was no attempt to cover it and it was very in your face. Then you have those who think they hide in in their manipulated wording. There are even a few who admitted to being racists. I don't have to like it, but I can respect them for admitting it.

I've been called a democrat and a republican. I've been accused of being a liberal bleeding heart, a conservative, a LWNJ, a RWNJ and everything else in between because my values/morals/ideals/beliefs/etc. don't fit one mold. It's nice to see that I can keep people confused.

Old 08-06-2013, 10:05 AM

31,909 posts, read 14,685,001 times
Quote:
As I already pointed out to her she said that from reading my posts that it was feasible for someone to deem me as a racist. I mean come on, that means she is seeing racism in my posts also to make that remark. Yet she has never quoted anything in my posts that would prove how my posts could be perceived as racist. I have no intention of replying to anyone who says I am a racist or "implies" that I am anymore. She can spin this all she wants to. Doesn't change a thing.

Old 08-06-2013, 10:15 AM

Quote:
As I already pointed out to her she said that from reading my posts that it was feasible for someone to deem me as a racist. I mean come on, that means she is seeing racism in my posts also to make that remark. Yet she has never quoted anything in my posts that would prove how my posts could be perceived as racist. I have no intention of replying to anyone who says I am a racist or "implies" that I am anymore. She can spin this all she wants to. Doesn't change a thing.
I'm not taking sides in this. But let me say I have been called a RWNJ and a LWNJ. Obviously something I posted caused someone to perceive me as such. I like to believe that I am a conservative Independent as I detest both major parties. Hell I have even been called a xenophobe and a racist as well. I am anti-brown skinned people according to a few posters. LOL I have also been called pro-illegal on occasion because I don't believe we should shoot them as they cross the border. In the 7 years that I have been posting on this forum I have been called every name in the book I think. That doesn't make it true.
Perceptions are a killer. At work I am perceived to be a hardazz. A buy the book team leader. Can I be? Yes when things are out of control. My people promote early and often, people I have trained have gone on to become successful team leaders and very productive employees. Am I a 24/7 hardazz? No I like to play as much as anyone else.
I think sometimes people take things to heart and personally. Its human nature to be defensive.

Old 08-06-2013, 10:29 AM

31,909 posts, read 14,685,001 times
Quote:
I'm not taking sides in this. But let me say I have been called a RWNJ and a LWNJ. Obviously something I posted caused someone to perceive me as such. I like to believe that I am a conservative Independent as I detest both major parties. Hell I have even been called a xenophobe and a racist as well. I am anti-brown skinned people according to a few posters. LOL I have also been called pro-illegal on occasion because I don't believe we should shoot them as they cross the border. In the 7 years that I have been posting on this forum I have been called every name in the book I think. That doesn't make it true.
Perceptions are a killer. At work I am perceived to be a hardazz. A buy the book team leader. Can I be? Yes when things are out of control. My people promote early and often, people I have trained have gone on to become successful team leaders and very productive employees. Am I a 24/7 hardazz? No I like to play as much as anyone else.
I think sometimes people take things to heart and personally. Its human nature to be defensive.
This is another one of her remarks to me under this topic. If this isn't implying that I am racist or a white supremist then I don't know what is. Watch her try to spin around this one also.

"Identifying culture? Would that be white culture?"

Here is a statement she made in general but because she didn't mention me specifically even though I do mention Hispanics in this issue which is for one they are here illegally in the largest numbers and two many if not most Hispanics are looking at this issue through ethnic blinders rather than the rule of law (all truths, however) she wasn't including me? Naw? I wasn't born yesterday, you know.

"For many here illegal immigration is a two-sided coin: illegal immigration and Hispanics".

Old 08-06-2013, 10:47 AM

Quote:
This is another one of her remarks to me under this topic. If this isn't implying that I am racist or a white supremist then I don't know what is. Watch her try to spin around this one also.

"Identifying culture? Would that be white culture?"

Here is a statement she made in general but because she didn't mention me specifically even though I do mention Hispanics in this issue which is for one they are here illegally in the largest numbers and two many if not most Hispanics are looking at this issue through ethnic blinders rather than the rule of law (all truths, however) she wasn't including me? Naw? I wasn't born yesterday, you know.

"For many here illegal immigration is a two-sided coin: illegal immigration and Hispanics".
Grow up. You sound like something got caught in your zipper.

I'm not going to "defend" myself over your little rants because there is nothing to defend. By your own admission other people have called you a racist. So, if I did call you a racist, which I didn't, I certainly wouldn't have been the only one as there are a number of other people who do see you as a racist. I see you for what you are and I don't mean you being a racist.

You can't even see that you are not having a discussion, you are having a session and it's not very pretty.

Besides, how are you going to know what I have to say seeing as how you have me on "ignore"?

Oh!!! you peaked!!!!! LOL

Last edited by softblueyz; 08-06-2013 at 10:57 AM..

Old 08-06-2013, 11:23 AM

8,353 posts, read 5,729,545 times
Quote:
Perceptions. Perceptions are a killer. For example when a poster claimed that the only reason my wife was successful where we work is because I have so much senority that she had it easy as a result, I perceived that as a personal attack. I still do for that matter. The fact that my wife speaks 5 languages, has 2 degrees, and has been a manager her entire adult life had nothing to do with her success. The fact that she doesn't even work for the same company as I do had nothing to do with me allegedly pulling strings for her.
Point is that posters will make posts based on their perceptions. Some will also use whatever they can to try and kick another in the ballz when they get angry.
There is no need for such behavior. This is about discussion, none of us have the power to change the laws. If only we did LOL. I ask that we think about this. This is a forum for discussion and sharing ideas. It doesn't have to be personal unless we take it there.
Maybe so, I've often been accused of being on welfare, collecting food stamps, subsidized housing {section 8} and all the other little innuendos that go with being retired as well as disabled and being a SS recipient. When I tell these neanderthals I use talk and type because of paralysis they don't know what to think. When I tell people of the forum I'm a veteran, they begin to call me a war hero.

It's these types of incidious, flaming, and personal insults that are launched and I report them if they're bad enough. Then when reports are made, I won't say who said this, but I was told I was "complaining" and that the other person who was embroiled in an argument was just as bad.

I have a total of about 4-5 infractions since joining, and have learned not to make things personal unless someone makes it personal with me. I just love pointing out liars when they start threads which are titled to draw people into it and make remarks about the title only and not do any looking around to see if what someone posted was either fact or a stretch of bullogna.

IMO, this forum is very biased and I won't mention member/user names.

Old 08-06-2013, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Maybe so, I've often been accused of being on welfare, collecting food stamps, subsidized housing {section 8} and all the other little innuendos that go with being retired as well as disabled and being a SS recipient. When I tell these neanderthals I use talk and type because of paralysis they don't know what to think. When I tell people of the forum I'm a veteran, they begin to call me a war hero.

It's these types of incidious, flaming, and personal insults that are launched and I report them if they're bad enough. Then when reports are made, I won't say who said this, but I was told I was "complaining" and that the other person who was embroiled in an argument was just as bad.

I have a total of about 4-5 infractions since joining, and have learned not to make things personal unless someone makes it personal with me. I just love pointing out liars when they start threads which are titled to draw people into it and make remarks about the title only and not do any looking around to see if what someone posted was either fact or a stretch of bullogna.

IMO, this forum is very biased and I won't mention member/user names.
First and foremost Thank You for your service...
Second I am sorry to hear about your paralysis. That is not something I would wish upon anyone. I am impressed at how well you cope. We often disagree, but always respectfully. I may not always agree with your position but in my opinion you always make a good point.
I agree that some people will start threads to flame.
The pugs _________ fill in the blank
The *******s __________ fill in the blank.
The arguments are identical and just as lame.
This forum by nature is biased. It is an either you are for or you are against with very little room for the grey.
I always try to be reasonable and post accordingly. I try to respect those on the other side of the issue.
The Zimmerman threads were even worse than this forum. Man if you pointed out that TM was not a child you were a racist gun thug. If you pointed out that GZ was less than honest you were an anti-gun liberal. There was no reasoning with some of those people. They were so narrow minded that less than full agreement meant you were the bad guy.
This forum can be the same way sometimes. In fact too often.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or