U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2013, 04:12 AM

8,743 posts, read 5,549,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
It's that nasty old "verbage" that defines who's a racist, huh ? I thought everybody here had a right to
their opinion without personal attack from the others. This has turned into an "oldglory" vendetta from
some of the post's I see. You seem to have a "style"( along with a few of the others) that is so totally negative there is no room for debate.

I don't think that's what the OP had in mind for the thread........
If you don't understand the before and after verbage and how it applies, that's your problem.

I think the OP was quite clear in the purpose of the thread. It appears it was lost on you and others. It also appears that this thread caused people to out themselves, showing themselves for what they are. Everyone does have the right to voice their opinion, just don't get your knickers in a twist when someone points out that the comment leans towards racism. Don't post the standard mantra that people are "bleeding heart liberals" because they don't agree with you. Don't use another's family situation to prove a point.

IDK, what do you call a debate? Agreeing with the other person? "Yup, yup, you're right as usual". Because clearly there is no "debate" with some people whose "style" is that they can't agree to disagree and resort to low blows.

I find it interesting how hard OG is defending himself to "prove" he isn't a racist. Call me a racist and I'll just laugh at you because first, I know otherwise and don't have to prove a damn thing to anyone, and second - this is a forum and I could hardly care what 99% of the people on the forum think (nice or otherwise) of me. I've never called anyone a racist unless they are so obvious that a blind man could see it or they have actually admitted to being one (don't have to like it, but I will give them respect for their honesty), nor has anyone ever accused me of being a racist, but I've been accused of being a bleeding heart liberal, a democrat and a republican, and I laugh at it. I'm not going to go on a long and winding road to defend myself and try to prove someone wrong. Maybe when four or five people make the same claim there could be some truth to it???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2013, 06:45 AM

31,471 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
It's that nasty old "verbage" that defines who's a racist, huh ? I thought everybody here had a right to
their opinion without personal attack from the others. This has turned into an "oldglory" vendetta from
some of the post's I see. You seem to have a "style"( along with a few of the others) that is so totally negative there is no room for debate.

I don't think that's what the OP had in mind for the thread........
Thanks for jumping to my defense. Apparently pointing out all the negative truths about illegal aliens and their supporters is racist including mentioning the fact that most illegals are Latinos and that most of their supporters are of same ethnicity or connected to that community in some way. No agenda there though, right?

Old 08-12-2013, 03:30 AM

87 posts, read 181,932 times
Awesome thread. OP started out with good intentions and everyone else proved his point. Selective reading is a big issue. Trying to prove a point without the usual communication cues like eye contact and body language is very hard. Some people are just on attack defense regardless of what has been said, sometimes even if a poster has the same opinion worded a bit differently.
I do enjoy reading your posts more than responding in writing to everything. Thanks.

Old 08-13-2013, 12:50 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,690,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
It may seem like a cruel approach and perhaps it is, but so is separating a convicted criminal from his or her family when they are sent to prison. The illegal can take their child with them back to nation of origin. As it stands children born on US soil are considered US citizens according to SCOTUS. The idea that a young child born here to illegals can't adapt is less than valid. The young children brought across the order by their parents apparently adapted no problem. That said adoption is always an option.
Yes, illegals are no better than other criminals and certainly not better than our military that often faces separation. With illegals, it's 100% their own choice to abandon their USA born kids when they return home, back home, they'd have to support their kids, here they get the government handouts. Or they just don't really love and care about their kids.

Absolutely nothing stops illegals from taking their kids home with them when they go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or