U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 10:29 AM

31,483 posts, read 14,565,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
ahhhhhhhh I see.
Um, no you don't, tinman. I have no idea what this person is talking about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2013, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
Too bad that there aren't more like you. All some of us can do nowadays is cynically smile and shake our head. If things turn out badly, those that said they wouldn't, won't even acknowledge it.

Illegal Immigration. Every time I see that term, I wonder if everyone sees both words at once. Ever since Ronald Reagan, every President since has offered up much the same type of solutions and compromises. They saw both sides, and knew how tough a problem it was.

It's my opinion that neither "side" really wants a solution, they want things to stay as they are.
Reagan was told by congress before he signed that amnesty that the borders were to be secured. It didn't happen. Yeah, some solution now we have quadruple the number of illegals here that we had back then. It is ludicrous to make the same mistake twice and expect different results. The solution at least for American citizens is to remove all the incentives for them to remain here or to continue to come here such as jobs, benefits and birthright citizenship. Unfortunately, far too many politicians on both sides do want the status quo to continue or to legalize them instead. The solution should be what is best for our own citizens not foreigners here illegally and not compromises. Why even have immigration laws then?

I find it odd that some people in here are singling me out for my stance on illegal immigration to go on the attack but tinman has been just as adamant about it as I have and not one single word of criticisim for him.

Old 08-05-2013, 12:22 PM

2,477 posts, read 1,711,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
He got a "threat" from a "group" that has outed him and he knew what was meant by that "threat". They will continue to expose him.
"Outted" him for what? "Continue to expose" him for what?

The "group" is a banned member (Senno) and a few of his friends. They have been contacted by previous banned members and some (still) members that have posted in this very thread. Their opinion of what they claim is racist, etc, is merely their opinion, nothing more. Their issue is with the Mods and their use of the ToS or lack thereof at times.

Even you claim
Quote:
(you know and I know who you are referring to on this forum)
Who is the "who" you refer to? Nothing like attempting to read between the lines looking for that ghost in the machine.

If you have an inability to comprehend exactly what was said by Oldglory you should simply have asked for clarification of his comment. Reading things into it that aren't there doesn't go with the reasonable posting and behavior of this topic.

Old 08-05-2013, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Reagan was told by congress before he signed that amnesty that the borders were to be secured. It didn't happen. Yeah, some solution now we have quadruple the number of illegals here that we had back then. It is ludicrous to make the same mistake twice and expect different results.
Reagans proposed Amnesty was actually Jimmy Carters proposed Amnesty. Reagan saw it as a way to hit 2 birds with one stone, gain the Hispanic vote, and obtain enforcement measures that would attempt to prevent future illegal immigration. That was further hindered with the IIRCA from Clinton, which reduced enforcement by way of withholding money for enforcement.

Last edited by Liquid Reigns; 08-05-2013 at 12:37 PM..

Old 08-05-2013, 12:35 PM

8,353 posts, read 5,710,508 times
Quote:
I wish some of you would be less confrontational, getting angry and up in arms whenever someone posts an opinion you disagree with.
<snort> <giggling uncontrollably> <snort>

Old 08-05-2013, 12:46 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,010,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post

The "group" is a banned member (Senno) and a few of his friends. They have been contacted by previous banned members and some (still) members that have posted in this very thread. Their opinion of what they claim is racist, etc, is merely their opinion, nothing more. Their issue is with the Mods and their use of the ToS or lack thereof at times.

Even you claimWho is the "who" you refer to? Nothing like attempting to read between the lines looking for that ghost in the machine.

If you have an inability to comprehend exactly what was said by Oldglory you should simply have asked for clarification of his comment. Reading things into it that aren't there doesn't go with the reasonable posting and behavior of this topic.
Ok, I'm asking for clarification for your "some (still) members that have posted in this very thread"...

Old 08-05-2013, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Ok, I'm asking for clarification for your "some (still) members that have posted in this very thread"...
Are you one of those that have contacted Senno? I didn't name names, but since you are coming out and asking, are we to assume you are one of those (still) members of CD?

What is it you need clarified exactly? I didn't out anybody.....you seem to be outing yourself.

Old 08-05-2013, 01:26 PM

8,743 posts, read 5,550,867 times
Quote:
Outed me from where? Exposed me for what? Are you going to resort to personal attacks on me also now?
I have no intention of making "personal attacks" on you. There is this thing on C-D called TOS. You just happen to be a subject on another forum that points out how you violate the TOS of C-D. Don't worry, you aren't that important, there are a few people who are the subject of violating the TOS. The issue is how moderators are selective as to who is violating the TOS, not a TOS being violated. What I also found interesting is that moderators are on the forum as well.

And if you and Liquid Reigns are wondering if I am a "member" or contribute to that forum, I'm not. I just read what is posted.

Last edited by softblueyz; 08-05-2013 at 01:41 PM..

Old 08-05-2013, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post

Even you claimWho is the "who" you refer to? Nothing like attempting to read between the lines looking for that ghost in the machine.

Thanks, Liquid.

Old 08-05-2013, 01:32 PM

8,743 posts, read 5,550,867 times
Quote:
Reagan was told by congress before he signed that amnesty that the borders were to be secured. It didn't happen. Yeah, some solution now we have quadruple the number of illegals here that we had back then. It is ludicrous to make the same mistake twice and expect different results. The solution at least for American citizens is to remove all the incentives for them to remain here or to continue to come here such as jobs, benefits and birthright citizenship. Unfortunately, far too many politicians on both sides do want the status quo to continue or to legalize them instead. The solution should be what is best for our own citizens not foreigners here illegally and not compromises. Why even have immigration laws then?

I find it odd that some people in here are singling me out for my stance on illegal immigration to go on the attack but tinman has been just as adamant about it as I have and not one single word of criticisim for him.
Then you can blame every president that followed Reagan for allowing the immigration to continue and doing nothing about it. And I wouldn't be surprised that if any one of them addressed immigration, the solutions you propose above would not have been addressed. Why do you people act as if you just learned about illegal immigration six months ago? Where were you when the country was prosperous and doing well and probably the high point of illegals immigrating to the US?

Maybe no one is going on the "attack" with tinman because he isn't whining and is having a discussion, something far too often something that doesn't take place on this forum and almost every other forum for that matter.

Last edited by softblueyz; 08-05-2013 at 01:42 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or