U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 01:35 PM

31,488 posts, read 14,573,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
I have no intention of making "personal attacks" on you. There is this thing on C-D called TOS. You just happen to be a subject on another forum that points out how you violate the TOS of C-D. Don't worry, you aren't that important, there are a few people who are the subject of violating the TOS. What I also found interesting is that moderators are on the forum as well.
What forum? If I were in violation of the TOS of this unnamed forum then I would think that the mods would have notified me. No, it seems that some "group" or individuals that were banned themselves from this mysterious other forum are licking their wounds and taking it out on me. They also are probably pro-illegals who can't stand the truth being pointed out to them or anyone who opposes illegal immigration/amnesty so "they or he/she" is pulling the usual pro-illegal tactics of calling me a racist. I am not racist towards anyone. I just want respect for our immigration laws and no one should be above them or act like their ethnic group should be above them and rewarded for breaking them. How does that make me a racist? Wouldn't the reverse be true?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2013, 01:35 PM

2,477 posts, read 1,712,131 times
Quote:
I have no intention of making "personal attacks" on you. There is this thing on C-D called TOS. You just happen to be a subject on another forum that points out how you violate the TOS of C-D. Don't worry, you aren't that important, there are a few people who are the subject of violating the TOS. What I also found interesting is that moderators are on the forum as well.
Senno's opinion of what is or isn't a ToS violation is just that, his opinion....holds about as much water as a net does.

Old 08-05-2013, 01:36 PM

8,743 posts, read 5,551,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
"Outted" him for what? "Continue to expose" him for what?

The "group" is a banned member (Senno) and a few of his friends. They have been contacted by previous banned members and some (still) members that have posted in this very thread. Their opinion of what they claim is racist, etc, is merely their opinion, nothing more. Their issue is with the Mods and their use of the ToS or lack thereof at times.

Even you claimWho is the "who" you refer to? Nothing like attempting to read between the lines looking for that ghost in the machine.

If you have an inability to comprehend exactly what was said by Oldglory you should simply have asked for clarification of his comment. Reading things into it that aren't there doesn't go with the reasonable posting and behavior of this topic.
I was addressing OldGlory, not everyone on the thread.

I put this through Google for a translation and nothing came back.

Even you claimWho is the "who" you refer to

Old 08-05-2013, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Then you can blame every president that followed Reagan for allowing the immigration to continue and doing nothing about it. And I wouldn't be surprised that if any one of them addressed immigration, the solutions you propose above would not have been addressed. Why do you people act as if you just learned about illegal immigration six months ago? Where were you when the country was prosperous and doing well?
Who is "you people"? 6 months ago? This has been an issue since before 1986, as I stated it goes back to the Carter admin, we can even take it back to 1965 and Ted Kennedy. The issue is still the same - Illegal Immigrants and Illegal Immigration. The solutions proposed have been heard, E-Verify is a big one, its simply a matter of the Feds mandating it now; some State and Local govt's already have. The issue is the PRO-illegals claiming things that haven't been shown to be accurate and their claim is racism or bigotry based on their inept understanding of our laws. When they are shown to be incorrect they begin with their tirades of name calling.

Old 08-05-2013, 01:42 PM

31,488 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Quote:
Then you can blame every president that followed Reagan for allowing the immigration to continue and doing nothing about it. And I wouldn't be surprised that if any one of them addressed immigration, the solutions you propose above would not have been addressed. Why do you people act as if you just learned about illegal immigration six months ago? Where were you when the country was prosperous and doing well?

Maybe no one is going on the "attack" with tinman because he isn't whining and is having a discussion, something far too often something that doesn't take place on this forum and almost every other forum for that matter.
I do blame every administration including Reagans and every administration and congress in power right up to the present for this illegal immigration mess.

Assume much? Illegal immigration has been a hot topic with me for years now. You speak for everyone now? Illegal immigration has reached critical mass today, however. In case you haven't noticed we have 23 million Americans out of work, our economy is floundering and our country is deep in debt. Part of the reason for all three is illegal immigration. I am not saying that it is the only reason. I have seen Americans lose their jobs to illegals and had their wages reduced. Is it racist or whining to care?

Whining? What whining? I am discussing this issue just like tinman is. He has been just as adamantly opposed to illegal immigration/amnesty as I have been and I commend him for it.

Old 08-05-2013, 01:44 PM

8,743 posts, read 5,551,884 times
Quote:
Senno's opinion of what is or isn't a ToS violation is just that, his opinion....holds about as much water as a net does.
I gather you are a follower of that forum. I have no idea who the players are on that forum or what their history is. I don't ever recall seeing a post by Senno so I wouldn't know where he/she stands on ANY issue.

Old 08-05-2013, 01:46 PM

Quote:
I was addressing OldGlory, not everyone on the thread.

I put this through Google for a translation and nothing came back.

Even you claimWho is the "who" you refer to
I know who you were addressing, hence why I questioned you.

What was the need to google? deflection? go back and simply read my comment referring to your own words.

Old 08-05-2013, 01:48 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,011,547 times
Quote:
Are you one of those that have contacted Senno? I didn't name names, but since you are coming out and asking, are we to assume you are one of those (still) members of CD?

What is it you need clarified exactly? I didn't out anybody.....you seem to be outing yourself.
Quote:
...They have been contacted by previous banned members and some (still) members that have posted in this very thread...
You missed the portion where you stated "...members that have posted in this very thread". There is only a dozen members that have commented on this topic so far, other than yourself, and several can be easily eliminated from the list (and I'm not listing "Yac"):

"tinman01"
Myself: "IBMMuseum"
"Idon'tdateyou"
"artisan4"
"Oldglory"
"Packard fan"
"crestliner"
"softblueyz"
"Blackscorpion"
"Sun Thinker"
"BigDGeek"
"NoJiveMan"

Quit being so coy and say who who you mean.

Old 08-05-2013, 01:48 PM

Quote:
I gather you are a follower of that forum. I have no idea who the players are on that forum or what their history is. I don't ever recall seeing a post by Senno so I wouldn't know where he/she stands on ANY issue.
Follower of that forum? No. Came across it doing a search and found it to be rather in poor taste on Senno's part. Read a few dozen pages throughout the entirety of the comment section on it and found various members names as having contacted him about ToS violations and CD Mods.

Old 08-05-2013, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
You missed the portion where you stated "...members that have posted in this very thread". There is only a dozen members that have commented on this topic so far, other than yourself, and several can be easily eliminated from the list (and I'm not listing "Yac"):

"tinman01"
Myself: "IBMMuseum"
"Idon'tdateyou"
"artisan4"
"Oldglory"
"Packard fan"
"crestliner"
"softblueyz"
"Blackscorpion"
"Sun Thinker"
"BigDGeek"
"NoJiveMan"

Quit being so coy and say who who you mean.
Coy? Again, I'm not outing anybody, you can out yourself if you choose to do so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or