Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2013, 08:48 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I agree, however we need to change birthright citizenship also. Many of them would be able to survive here living off the welfare that their U.S. born children provides. Removing all the incentives for them to remain here or continue to come here is the best solution. It would cost us nothing for them to self-deport.
It may seem like a cruel approach and perhaps it is, but so is separating a convicted criminal from his or her family when they are sent to prison. The illegal can take their child with them back to nation of origin. As it stands children born on US soil are considered US citizens according to SCOTUS. The idea that a young child born here to illegals can't adapt is less than valid. The young children brought across the order by their parents apparently adapted no problem. That said adoption is always an option.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2013, 09:00 PM

62,943 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
It may seem like a cruel approach and perhaps it is, but so is separating a convicted criminal from his or her family when they are sent to prison. The illegal can take their child with them back to nation of origin. As it stands children born on US soil are considered US citizens according to SCOTUS. The idea that a young child born here to illegals can't adapt is less than valid. The young children brought across the order by their parents apparently adapted no problem. That said adoption is always an option.
If they truly love their U.S. born kids they will take them back to their homelands with them as minors. Minors belong with their parents. They learn the culture and language of their parent's homeland from their parents so I don't see a problem. Many of them still have relatives there. If they so choose these kids can return to this country when they reach adulthood. I am not suggesting that we strip the citizenship of those already born here because of the misinterpretation of the 14th amendment just that we re-interpret it or change it like most countries that require that at least one parent be a citizen or legal permanent resident of our county. I think it makes a mockery of our citizenship to continue granting kids born from illegal alien parents on our soil birthright citizenship. It is costing us billions in tax dollars also.

Old 08-05-2013, 09:08 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
Quote:
If they truly love their U.S. born kids they will take them back to their homelands with them as minors. Minors belong with their parents. They learn the culture and language of their parent's homeland from their parents so I don't see a problem. Many of them still have relatives there. If they so choose these kids can return to this country when they reach adulthood. I am not suggesting that we strip the citizenship of those already born here because of the misinterpretation of the 14th amendment just that we re-interpret it or change it like most countries that require that at least one parent be a citizen or legal permanent resident of our county. I think it makes a mockery of our citizenship to continue granting kids born from illegal alien parents on our soil birthright citizenship. It is costing us billions in tax dollars also.
Agreed. This nation has a limit to its resources which we should preserve for our own. Jobs should never go to illegals, nor should welfare or any other Gov subsidy. They can say it is for the US born child, but no one will convince me that the food purchased with welfare money only goes to that child, only pays for rent for that child. It is used by the entire clan. It may be hard hearted,but the clans needs are not our problem.

Old 08-06-2013, 03:02 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,727,879 times
Even though the way this thread is going I think I should close it, I won't, for now at least.
2 things:
a) - please don't mind the troll we've been dealing with for some time, the one from "that" forum. You shouldn't feel threatened by what he ( and his imaginary friends) posts/sends you, you can always forward it to me and I'll ban him if I hadn't done that already.
b) some of you, and I will not name anyone but this concerns those posting here, should get off their high horse and actually try discussing instead of spinning everything they can so it suits them. Some of you, well almost all actually, should stop with this selective ignorance. You know very well what is being discussed, it's been done here many times, yet you're still "shocked" and whatnot. Please The level of double standards some of you constantly present is just mind boggling.
Yac.

Old 08-06-2013, 04:29 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,781,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
Pot meet kettle......http://www.city-data.com/forum/30357539-post164.html
You seem to be doing it simply because of a political ideal.
Wow. Took the time to search my history. How about pointing out why I said I considered him un-American?

I was using a COMPARISON - pro v. anti. Asking what was the DIFFERENCE.

I can't help you if you can't comprehend the difference.

Last edited by softblueyz; 08-06-2013 at 05:23 AM..

Old 08-06-2013, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Oh, I don't know let's start with this just for starters as I am not going to go back thru all of your posts in here. What you are saying is that it is feasible to deem me as a racist therefore the insinuation that I must one.

"You are not the most diplomatic person when expressing yourself nor do you don't know how to debate when someone doesn't agree with you and your "style" may cause one to see a racist behind the keyboard."

I rest my case. I am so done with your unciviliy and false accusations of me in here. No need to read or reply to your posts ever again.
If I'm going to call you a damn racist I will say it directly. I don't need to go in a roundabout sneaky way to say it. I don't "insinuate", unlike so many here do. I'm also don't know how to play stupid if I get called out on a post. Insinuations are not my specialty. If I ever want to learn the art of insinuating, I just go through the history of posts by some of the people on this thread.

I want to see where I called you a racist on this forum, or anyone else for that matter. You are defending something that doesn't exist where I am concerned. Now you either post quotes proving I called you a racist or you are falsely accusing me of calling you a racist. Which is it?

I noticed that you "interpreted" tinman's post as him "insinuating" that you are a coward. I didn't read it as him doing that. He was giving his opinion on something and you took it personal. That right there is a problem - assuming that someone is insinuating something when it's nothing more than an opinion.

Do you know the meaning of perception? Someone can write something and it can be perceived differently by two people. It's in the content of the words and how they are expressed. Didn't you ever read something and with no intent taken it out of context only for someone to have to explain to you what the intent was? Didn't you ever have to expand on a post to explain that it might have been misinterpreted by the reader?

It's hard to debate with someone who is constantly on the defensive.

Last edited by softblueyz; 08-06-2013 at 05:21 AM..

Old 08-06-2013, 07:24 AM

2,475 posts, read 2,076,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Wow. Took the time to search my history. How about pointing out why I said I considered him un-American?

I was using a COMPARISON - pro v. anti. Asking what was the DIFFERENCE.

I can't help you if you can't comprehend the difference.
You might try actually reading the link I provided which shows you calling Obama un-American in the Mursi has been overthrown thread in P&OC. Your calling Obama un-American has absolutely nothing to do with anti or pro illegal immigration.

The point is that you yourself use this type of name calling, the very thing that you said you left this forum over. So you simply go to another forum and do it there.

Old 08-06-2013, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
You might try actually reading the link I provided which shows you calling Obama un-American in the Mursi has been overthrown thread in P&OC. Your calling Obama un-American has absolutely nothing to do with anti or pro illegal immigration.

The point is that you yourself use this type of name calling, the very thing that you said you left this forum over. So you simply go to another forum and do it there.
Good grief. You have some issues you need to address, starting with comprehension.

Here is my original post and NO WHERE do I mention name calling. NO WHERE did I say I left the forum because of name calling. You should have checked before you put your foot in your mouth and embarrassed yourself - again. You are not as smart and clever as you think you are.

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
I stopped coming to this forum sometime ago. When I first came on this forum I was pretty much in the center. But it appears that
you are either all in or you aren't. I was called un-American. I kept reading the posts and allowed myself to get sucked in - this was not the doing of anyone
but myself.

What you feed your mind reflects in your attitude. I didn't like it when I realized I was becoming so negative. I got caught up and allowed the negativity
to fester and grow because I was feeding my mind with the poison that was a constant in this forum that went beyond the illegal immigration issue. There is
nothing I can do regarding illegal immigration other than have an opinion; I can't change anything, and I can't see allowing something like that to chip away
at me, but there are the usual suspects that are so consumed by the illegal immigration issue. Discussions are not discussions unless one is in agreement
with those that are so consumed with illegal immigration, it's just a forum that allows people to spew their venom and they can't see it.

How much and for how long can one harp on over something they have no control over, but has taken control of them? I would be curious as to what those who
are so emotional about illegal immigration have done about it other than wash, rinse, repeat their issues on illegal immigration. I also find that the usual
suspects also have "issues" with religion, black people, poverty. Tells me that this goes beyond illegal immigration.

For many here illegal immigration is a two-sided coin: illegal immigration and Hispanics.
LOL. I didn't bring Obama into it YOU DID, and now you are saying it has nothing to do with anti or pro illegal immigration.

Please continue to show the purpose behind this thread which is the absence of "Reasonable posts and behavior".

Old 08-06-2013, 08:14 AM

Nothing I have ever said nor implied makes me a racist. Those who disagree with my point of view call the truth, "racist". The truth is never racist. They are what they are.... just facts not merely my opinions. When I point out the many facts of illegal immigration these same people instead of proving the facts that I point out are not accurate they instead start with the personal insults and their favorite label of me and others who share my point of view is "racist". Good, another one I can add to my ignore list.

Old 08-06-2013, 08:20 AM

Seems like the mods are staying on top of this quickly. Good for them!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration