Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 05:30 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,239,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I agree with all you have said. It is a mystery to me how anyone can be such a bleeding heart liberal or so blinded by ethnic ties that don't care how illegal immigration is affecting the citizens of this country and any American who dares protest this mess, desires the enforcement of our immigration laws rather than amnesty and points out the negative facts of this issue gets those nasty, unwarranted labels put on them. All I can do is shake my head in disbelief.
Imagine that, hypocrisy in one post.

<not shaking my head in disbelief at all, this was expected>
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2013, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
51 years old in Dec. Been to or lived in most of the states at some point, been to 27 different countries.
My point about en mass was 11 million illegals didnt show up over night to do construction or any other job in any given state.. This mass illegal immigration problem has been an ongoing problem because our Federal gov refuses to do their job in regards to securing our borders and prosecuting employers.
I agree with most of your post. The illegals started flooding the construction trades in the late 80's and early 90's and it has been a down hill spiral ever since. For a while I did construction with my brothers and cousins as a second job. You would see 10 hispanics show up to hang sheet rock in a house using the most basic of tools. We would wonder how you can split 120 boards at piece rate among 10 people? At the time the going rate was about $3 a board to hang it and the average house was about 120 boards. As many in the trades do we would go look at others work and see how they compare to our own. We used glue and screws, rotozip the outlets etc. We were shocked at the low quality of work. They used nails in the field and no glue. Worse still the standard at the time was if you only used nails you needed a nail every 8 inches on every nailer. They used only 1 in the field. The finisher who was a friend of ours laughed when we asked him about it. He said why do you think the builder wants me here the minute those guys are out of the house? In later years the illegals started doing the finish work as well. By then I was out of the trades doing what I do now.
My cousins now own a large construction company that pretty much sticks to commercial work. They tell me it is only worse.
Locally they have a few stone quarries. 2 of them were caught using illegals. Employees called INS and later homeland security. In a small town people know everyones business. It is one of the few things I don't like about living where I do. They complained about how long it took for the Gov to step in and investigate. The quarries amazingly saw no real penalty, but do to local outrage changed their hiring practices.
A local meat packing plant was also raided, they also have changed their practices. I am fortunate to live in the NE. We do see some illegals but we seem to be far enough away that it isn't the issue that is down south.
There ya go, now you're talking.

Administration after administration has greatly ignored this immigration problem we have.

One thing to remember about all of this is that as long as there's a demand for cheap labor, and as long as companies and corporations ignore the laws on the books now, it will continue to be a problem. Also, as long as working Americans won't settle for a $5.00 per hour wage, this is what we get for wanting cheap. It's basically why most everything we purchase comes from China, we can't compete with cheap, which is what corporate America wants, cheap, so their bottom line (profits) are large, and these corporations will slash the working person's throat to achieve it.

Old 08-07-2013, 10:26 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,846,525 times
Quote:
I agree with all you have said. It is a mystery to me how anyone can be such a bleeding heart liberal or so blinded by ethnic ties that don't care how illegal immigration is affecting the citizens of this country and any American who dares protest this mess, desires the enforcement of our immigration laws rather than amnesty and points out the negative facts of this issue gets those nasty, unwarranted labels put on them. All I can do is shake my head in disbelief.
Along with the proposal for same-sex immigration sponsorship? Now that's being "diverse"! How open-minded of you (of course there will probably be quite a few possible SSM partners from Mexico, like former Sheriff Paul Babeu had: Paul Babeu's Mexican Ex-Lover Says Sheriff's Attorney Threatened Him With Deportation - Page 1 - News - Phoenix - Phoenix New Times).

I think if there is federal recognition of SSM, a natural evolution is same-sex sponsorship...

Old 08-07-2013, 11:39 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,780,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Imagine that, hypocrisy in one post.

<not shaking my head in disbelief at all, this was expected>
Don't you love how it works?? Now expect the lame azz excuse.

Old 08-08-2013, 08:36 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,274,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Along with the proposal for same-sex immigration sponsorship? Now that's being "diverse"! How open-minded of you (of course there will probably be quite a few possible SSM partners from Mexico, like former Sheriff Paul Babeu had: Paul Babeu's Mexican Ex-Lover Says Sheriff's Attorney Threatened Him With Deportation - Page 1 - News - Phoenix - Phoenix New Times).

I think if there is federal recognition of SSM, a natural evolution is same-sex sponsorship...
I'm in favor of same-sex partners being eligible for the same immigration benefits as foreign spouses of US citizens.

Old 08-08-2013, 10:15 AM

62,930 posts, read 29,119,973 times
The diversity I speak of has nothing to do with same sex partners. When one speaks of diversity anyone with half a brain would know they are talking about diversity in culture/race/nationality not sexual orientation.

Old 08-08-2013, 11:11 AM

Quote:
The diversity I speak of has nothing to do with same sex partners. When one speaks of diversity anyone with half a brain would know they are talking about diversity in culture/race/nationality not sexual orientation.
Oh, make that comment "I agree with all that you have said, except for all of the same-sex stuff..."...

Old 08-08-2013, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Say What?

What?
Houston, we have a problem.

Old 08-10-2013, 09:53 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,137,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Good grief. You claimed to make the same remarks!!!! It's the verbage before and/or after that may cause one to call you a racist. You are not the most diplomatic person when expressing yourself nor do you don't know how to debate when someone doesn't agree with you and your "style" may cause one to see a racist behind the keyboard.
It's that nasty old "verbage" that defines who's a racist, huh ? I thought everybody here had a right to
their opinion without personal attack from the others. This has turned into an "oldglory" vendetta from
some of the post's I see. You seem to have a "style"( along with a few of the others) that is so totally negative there is no room for debate.

I don't think that's what the OP had in mind for the thread........

Old 08-10-2013, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
...I don't think that's what the OP had in mind for the thread........
Or maybe it was...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration