Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 08:04 AM

62,944 posts, read 29,134,396 times

Advertisements

U.S. immigration authorities have determined that seven of the DREAM 9 activists detained in Arizona have grounds to fear persecution if they are returned to Mexico, representatives of the detainees said Tuesday.

DREAM 9 Activists Qualify for Political Asylum Says Immigration Authorities | HispanicallySpeakingNews.com

Just what basis do they have for political asylum? I wasn't aware that Mexicans are persecuted in Mexico especially if they are a returning illegal alien. Will this BS ever stop? This is what happens when we don't enforce our immigration laws and promise amnesty instead. They become emboldened and make more and more demands and our PC government and judges cave into them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2013, 08:34 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,281,740 times
Total BS. Yet more pandering.

Old 08-08-2013, 05:31 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
So did Obama's aunt in spite of the many crimes she committed.

Old 08-08-2013, 10:59 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,137,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
So did Obama's aunt in spite of the many crimes she committed.
And Obama's drunk driving Uncle.

Old 08-10-2013, 09:19 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
They must have gotten involved with the drug cartels, that's the only way they would fear any persecution.

Americans travel and live in Mexico all the time without any issues. What flat out lies the pro-illegals make up about their own country because they love the big easy American money and government handouts so much.

Old 08-11-2013, 08:03 AM

2,475 posts, read 2,076,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
U.S. immigration authorities have determined that seven of the DREAM 9 activists detained in Arizona have grounds to fear persecution if they are returned to Mexico, representatives of the detainees said Tuesday.

DREAM 9 Activists Qualify for Political Asylum Says Immigration Authorities | HispanicallySpeakingNews.com

Just what basis do they have for political asylum? I wasn't aware that Mexicans are persecuted in Mexico especially if they are a returning illegal alien. Will this BS ever stop? This is what happens when we don't enforce our immigration laws and promise amnesty instead. They become emboldened and make more and more demands and our PC government and judges cave into them.
The article states that 7 of the 9 have qualified for the first legal step in applying for political asylum.
Quote:
U.S. immigration authorities have determined that seven of the DREAM 9 activists.....This is the first legal step in the process of requesting political asylum, which means that now the case will be heard by an immigration judge, who will issue a final ruling regarding the future of the nine undocumented activists, all of whom are of Mexican origin.
SO basically they haven't been granted anything other than a hearing in front of the IJ.

Political asylum from Mexico is very rare. The likeliness of these 9 obtaining political asylum is very, very low.

Old 08-11-2013, 08:07 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
oops..I must have missed this thread as I just posted a new one on this topic.

I just read that one crossing in CA was overwhelmed last week with 200 in one day all seeking asylum from the cartels.
Seems there is some precendence here because USCIS allowed it with regards to the younger immigrants; they validated "credible fear". And now they will have to deal with this. I guess news travels quick when there is a change in government processes.
When something becomes easy everyone seems to get the word.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...-Mexico-Border

Old 08-11-2013, 08:12 AM

2,475 posts, read 2,076,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
oops..I must have missed this thread as I just posted a new one on this topic.

I just read that one crossing in CA was overwhelmed last week with 200 in one day all seeking asylum from the cartels.

Sudden Flood of Asylum Requests At U.S./Mexico Border
Seems from the past that if they are not specifically related to some sort of political issue, the likeliness of being granted political asylum is next to nil.

Old 08-11-2013, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
The article states that 7 of the 9 have qualified for the first legal step in applying for political asylum. SO basically they haven't been granted anything other than a hearing in front of the IJ.

Political asylum from Mexico is very rare. The likeliness of these 9 obtaining political asylum is very, very low.
You're right. The topic heading of that article conflicts with what is actually in the article itself. Consider the source of the article.

Old 08-11-2013, 08:45 AM

Asylum from the cartels? I thought it was persecution from the Mexican government that was the latest claim to remain in our country. Have to give it to them they are getting creative in their claims and knowing our PC government they will fall for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration