U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 02:02 AM

3,054 posts, read 5,028,943 times

Advertisements

If someone is wanting to join our Military, they can. There is a program that illegal could use to get into the military, but he will also have to go to the battlefield, most likely afgan sands or iraq. In other words he wants to join but never face the battlefield which proves he is just a Ponzi for illegals to get their way and get in front of the line for citizenship. Any politician that votes for illegals getting to stay should be shot for treason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2013, 06:25 AM

31,483 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
I was in the Navy myself, we had Filipino nationals in our San Diego boot camp. Non-citizens have served in our Military. I don't see a problem with it.

Filipino Nationals in U.S. Navy Say They Would Like to Become Citizens - Los Angeles Times
Non-citizens doesn't mean illegal aliens. It is illegal aliens that can't serve in our military and IMO, rightly so. They already showed they have no respect for our laws, country or citizens.

Old 08-23-2013, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12GO View Post
If someone is wanting to join our Military, they can. There is a program that illegal could use to get into the military, but he will also have to go to the battlefield, most likely afgan sands or iraq. In other words he wants to join but never face the battlefield which proves he is just a Ponzi for illegals to get their way and get in front of the line for citizenship. Any politician that votes for illegals getting to stay should be shot for treason.
No, illegal aliens can't serve in our military. If you think otherwise please provide a viable link to your assertions. Thanks.

Old 08-23-2013, 07:54 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,282,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackscorpion View Post
Yep, I guess you would know about that not facing danger right? I don't believe that, most people that I have met that did Vietnam(including my step father) are not so open about it. I don't even need to insult illegal aliens, when you do that enough yourself.

Btw, I don't know why people say thank you for your service. People in the military sign up for it, it's not like we force them to go.
Uh; there's NOTHING wrong with insulting criminals, illegal aliens ARE criminals.

Old 08-23-2013, 08:03 AM

I faced danger many times over in Viet Nam. I am not bragging nor complaining about it. It is just a fact. I don't expect a thank you for my choice. All I am saying is that one doesn't always join our military because they are willing to die for our country. Many times they join for the education and job skills and money they can earn and that includes many citizens who join our military also. It is not unusual for a legal immigrant to join to expedite their citizenship in our country. There are other motives besides wanting to die for our country that enlistees join some are self-serving. I am not saying that is a bad thing but let's just get real here when it comes to making heroes out of people where it isn't warranted.

Old 08-23-2013, 12:00 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
I was in the Navy myself, we had Filipino nationals in our San Diego boot camp. Non-citizens have served in our Military. I don't see a problem with it.

Filipino Nationals in U.S. Navy Say They Would Like to Become Citizens - Los Angeles Times
I had filipino's at boot also, but none were illegal aliens. At the time we had an agreement with the filipines which allowed it. I don't know if they still can.
I would not want to have to rely on an illegal to watch my back especially if the firefight was with people from his native country.
No, I say we do not reward the illegal for his crimes by allowing him the honor and privilege to wear our nations uniform.

Old 08-23-2013, 09:26 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,553,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
The military offers excellent benefits, you can bet that's all he's interested in -- how many illegals would quickly flee the USA (just like they're fleeing their own homelands) if we drafted them all and shipped them to Egypt -- "to defend this country".

These people aren't willing to make even the slightest effort to improve their own countries, you really need to question what their motives are in claiming they want to be sent to die in the Middle East fighting for who knows what. All the military means to them is a nice job with excellent benefits.
Malamute nails it down again. It's really a fairly simple concept. Illegals don't do ANYTHING that is not for immediate personal gain.

Old 08-23-2013, 09:48 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,010,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Malamute nails it down again. It's really a fairly simple concept. Illegals don't do ANYTHING that is not for immediate personal gain.
Ehhh, he talks trash about legal immigrants too, so it's a wash...

Old 08-28-2013, 08:48 PM

3,951 posts, read 3,582,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Has anyone seen the pro-amnesty piece advertised on Fox News? I was flipping through the channels and lo and behold and illegal alien (the caption called him "undocumented") apparently begging and pushing his case for amnesty. Looked to be a Dreamie. He said he wants to join our military but can't because he is an "undocumented" (his PC language not mine). Yes, it is true that illegal aliens can't join our military and rightly so! He claimed he loves this country and called himself an American. Um no, you have to be a citizen of this country to call yourself an American aka a U.S. citizen. I couldn't believe that Fox news aired this of all stations.
People (folks who came here legally or were born here) join the military all the time for their own personal-benefit. So, I find it funny how illegal immigrants think that everyone is going to fall for their patriotic joining of the military. With that said though, I don't believe that all are guilty of joining for citizenship and to those, they get my respect.

Old 08-28-2013, 10:20 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,287,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
The military offers excellent benefits, you can bet that's all he's interested in -- how many illegals would quickly flee the USA (just like they're fleeing their own homelands) if we drafted them all and shipped them to Egypt -- "to defend this country".

These people aren't willing to make even the slightest effort to improve their own countries, you really need to question what their motives are in claiming they want to be sent to die in the Middle East fighting for who knows what. All the military means to them is a nice job with excellent benefits.

Man i sure agree with you a awful lot, as some others on here. You got that right. Theire motives are for their own personal gain, come on now, we know this.

All the tv ads in the world, are not going to change our minds when it comes to doing things right or wrong. Think most of us would aire on the catuion of legal versus illegal?

If they cared so damn much about our Country, don't ya think, they would come here and do things with class, and dignity for the sake of their families.

Hate to say it, some are sad stories, but law breakers are lawbreakers. Try pulling this same crap in Mexico, let me know how it works out for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration