U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 08-17-2013, 06:17 AM
 
31,471 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Reputation: 8350

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Just to be clear. There will be no "amensty" EO by any US president. Secondly, No Republican President[whenever that happens again] is going to "remove" "mexicans" from this country en masse.

Republicans need to focus on important issues like H., NBC and CNN; and stop scaring themselves over immigration fantasy.
Don't bet on it. Obama has already used executive order to allow a potential 1.8 million illegals to remain here for a minimum of two years with work permits.

Why would you say remove "Mexicans"? Are Mexicans the only ones here illegally? No Republican is suggesting that "illegal aliens" should be removed en masse. Some are however pushing e-verify and a cut off of benefits to illegals in our country to encourage them to self-deport. Perhaps you should learn the difference between self-deportations and involuntary deportations.

Illegal immigration isn't an important issue facing our nation today? "Immigration" fantasy? What's that supposed to mean? This is about ILLEGAL immigration not "immigration".

 
Old 08-17-2013, 07:45 AM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,278,864 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Any executive order can be undone by the next Republican president, effectively tossing out every Mexican who thought they were citizens.
Agreed tho ANY amnestied ILLEGAL alien would need to go, not just "Mexicans".
 
Old 08-17-2013, 09:15 AM
 
Location: Phila Pa
2,543 posts, read 1,776,033 times
Reputation: 944
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Any executive order can be undone by the next Republican president, effectively tossing out every Mexican who thought they were citizens.
I highly doubt any Republican that advocated such could ever be elected President.
 
Old 08-17-2013, 10:35 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
I highly doubt any Republican that advocated such could ever be elected President.
If the very generous welfare and unemployment handouts were ever to be decreased and the lazy welfare types actually had to work for their living, you might see a change of heart.

Right now the liberals figure that unlimited numbers of Americans can live off nice big government handouts and illegals can pour over the borders in unlimited numbers to do all the work that the lazy won't do but the illegals will also do it for such low wages, they also need to get in on all the nice big government handouts.

At some point that all becomes unsustainable. You cannot have a very large portion of the citizens who will never work and just keep bringing in foreign labor that also needs to be subsidized.
 
Old 08-17-2013, 11:38 AM
 
Location: Phila Pa
2,543 posts, read 1,776,033 times
Reputation: 944
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
If the very generous welfare and unemployment handouts were ever to be decreased and the lazy welfare types actually had to work for their living, you might see a change of heart.

Right now the liberals figure that unlimited numbers of Americans can live off nice big government handouts and illegals can pour over the borders in unlimited numbers to do all the work that the lazy won't do but the illegals will also do it for such low wages, they also need to get in on all the nice big government handouts.

At some point that all becomes unsustainable. You cannot have a very large portion of the citizens who will never work and just keep bringing in foreign labor that also needs to be subsidized.
You missed my point entirely. I never said a Republican could not win. Just those with a right wing flavor can not win.
 
Old 08-17-2013, 11:45 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
You missed my point entirely. I never said a Republican could not win. Just those with a right wing flavor can not win.
Well -- did McCain win? No --- and he was as open borders as they come.

You guys don't exactly like Bush - and he was even more open borders than McCain.

And as a matter of fact, when Obama first ran, he appeared to be less about open borders and unlimited immigration. He made statements like having the illegals get to the back of the line, learn English. He didn't make it seem that he was going to throw open the borders and reward all those who came illegally but instead have them go back and get in line.

Now of course he will not have immigration laws enforced and is planning to put illegals ahead of all those coming legally and ahead of Americans.
 
Old 08-17-2013, 12:51 PM
 
Location: Phila Pa
2,543 posts, read 1,776,033 times
Reputation: 944
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Well -- did McCain win? No --- and he was as open borders as they come.

You guys don't exactly like Bush - and he was even more open borders than McCain.

And as a matter of fact, when Obama first ran, he appeared to be less about open borders and unlimited immigration. He made statements like having the illegals get to the back of the line, learn English. He didn't make it seem that he was going to throw open the borders and reward all those who came illegally but instead have them go back and get in line.

Now of course he will not have immigration laws enforced and is planning to put illegals ahead of all those coming legally and ahead of Americans.
Who said I am "you guys"? You guys meaning Liberal? It amazes me how some think that anyone that supports CIR is a liberal. Personally I identify as a moderate independent but there are tons of Republicans that support CIR, are they liberal as well? In fact the leading guys from the GOP for 2016, Christie, Rubio, Ryan, Bush all support it. I believe even Rand Paul supports it and only voted against the Senate bill because he felt it was weak on enforcement. None of those guys will run on a mean spirited approach against illegals.
 
Old 08-17-2013, 06:09 PM
 
31,471 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Reputation: 8350
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
I highly doubt any Republican that advocated such could ever be elected President.
Why? Do you actually think that most Americans want illegal aliens to remain here?
 
Old 08-17-2013, 06:12 PM
 
31,471 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Reputation: 8350
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
Who said I am "you guys"? You guys meaning Liberal? It amazes me how some think that anyone that supports CIR is a liberal. Personally I identify as a moderate independent but there are tons of Republicans that support CIR, are they liberal as well? In fact the leading guys from the GOP for 2016, Christie, Rubio, Ryan, Bush all support it. I believe even Rand Paul supports it and only voted against the Senate bill because he felt it was weak on enforcement. None of those guys will run on a mean spirited approach against illegals.
It is mean spirited to enforce our immigration laws? Really??
 
Old 08-17-2013, 06:28 PM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,278,864 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
Who said I am "you guys"? You guys meaning Liberal? It amazes me how some think that anyone that supports CIR is a liberal. Personally I identify as a moderate independent but there are tons of Republicans that support CIR, are they liberal as well? In fact the leading guys from the GOP for 2016, Christie, Rubio, Ryan, Bush all support it. I believe even Rand Paul supports it and only voted against the Senate bill because he felt it was weak on enforcement. None of those guys will run on a mean spirited approach against illegals.
Uh; there's nothing wrong with being "mean spirited" against ILLEGAL aliens. Every last 1 is a crook and I really don't like crooks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top