U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 08-17-2013, 06:49 PM
 
31,505 posts, read 14,580,770 times
Reputation: 8370

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; there's nothing wrong with being "mean spirited" against ILLEGAL aliens. Every last 1 is a crook and I really don't like crooks.
I think it is pretty mean spirited of illegal aliens to violate our immigration laws, steal American jobs (by using either fake or stoken ID's or committing tax evasion) stealing American benefits and resources and costing us billions of dollars every year. Not to mention the other crimes that some or many of them commit. Yet we would be mean spirited by enforcing our own immigration laws against them?

 
Old 08-17-2013, 07:10 PM
 
Location: Phila Pa
2,544 posts, read 1,778,016 times
Reputation: 944
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It is mean spirited to enforce our immigration laws? Really??
Ask the 5 potential GOP 2016 candidates I just mentioned in my last post. I have explained my answer several times.
 
Old 08-17-2013, 08:25 PM
 
31,505 posts, read 14,580,770 times
Reputation: 8370
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
Ask the 5 potential GOP 2016 candidates I just mentioned in my last post. I have explained my answer several times.
You did not explain how YOU feel it would be mean spirited to enforce our immigration laws. That is what I was asking you. The potential GOP candidates for 2016 to my knowledge haven't said it would be mean spirited to enforce our immigration laws it is just that they are pandering for the Hispanic vote and that is their motive not because they don't want to hurt the widdle illegal aliens feelings and appear to be mean spirited. Appear to be mean spirited by whom? Illegal aliens and their supporters? Oh, cry my a river.
 
Old 08-17-2013, 11:27 PM
 
1,866 posts, read 2,169,402 times
Reputation: 1440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You did not explain how YOU feel it would be mean spirited to enforce our immigration laws. That is what I was asking you. The potential GOP candidates for 2016 to my knowledge haven't said it would be mean spirited to enforce our immigration laws it is just that they are pandering for the Hispanic vote and that is their motive not because they don't want to hurt the widdle illegal aliens feelings and appear to be mean spirited. Appear to be mean spirited by whom? Illegal aliens and their supporters? Oh, cry my a river.
That's what I think every time I see your rants, old yeller...cry me a river..
 
Old 08-17-2013, 11:55 PM
 
1,866 posts, read 2,169,402 times
Reputation: 1440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I think it is pretty mean spirited of illegal aliens to violate our immigration laws, steal American jobs (by using either fake or stoken ID's or committing tax evasion) stealing American benefits and resources and costing us billions of dollars every year. Not to mention the other crimes that some or many of them commit. Yet we would be mean spirited by enforcing our own immigration laws against them?
You know..let's just say...I go with you on this one..just this once...

If this is the way you feel that's fine...but I hope you think the same way about teenagers who have babies and drain our welfare system because they couldn't keep their hormones in check. To me, it's almost the same thing, except at least the illegal can work, a lot of these teenagers that have these kids can't and won't
 
Old 08-18-2013, 08:05 AM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,290,347 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackscorpion View Post
You know..let's just say...I go with you on this one..just this once...

If this is the way you feel that's fine...but I hope you think the same way about teenagers who have babies and drain our welfare system because they couldn't keep their hormones in check. To me, it's almost the same thing, except at least the illegal can work, a lot of these teenagers that have these kids can't and won't
Uh; take away the anchor babies, who CAN get welfare and they'd be LESS people sucking on the system. Sheesh!
 
Old 08-18-2013, 08:55 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackscorpion View Post
You know..let's just say...I go with you on this one..just this once...

If this is the way you feel that's fine...but I hope you think the same way about teenagers who have babies and drain our welfare system because they couldn't keep their hormones in check. To me, it's almost the same thing, except at least the illegal can work, a lot of these teenagers that have these kids can't and won't
That's why I think DACA and all the amnesty talk has it all wrong. There should be no rewards for coming here and having children they cannot afford. Yet they're actually making it easier for the breeders while not making it it easier for the workers.

Once an illegal gives birth, she is unlikely going to work on a regular basis since she cannot afford day care in this country. The children get housing subsidies, food stamps, WIC, Medicaid and much more and so are draining our system.

If we need immigrants, we need only those who are here to work. They should be here legally on H2A visas and should not have to risk dying. There are certain rules with H2A visas, the employer has to make some small attempt to hire Americans first and the pay has to be legal, but there are no caps on how many can be brought in on H2A visas.
 
Old 08-18-2013, 09:34 AM
 
31,505 posts, read 14,580,770 times
Reputation: 8370
At least the illegals can work? Well yeah, if they work under the table evading taxes or using a stolen or fake ID. Also by working in this country they are taking a job from an American. They should get praised for that?

Talk about comparing apples to oranges. What does teen pregnancy have to do with illegal immigration unless you are talking about teens in our country illegally. It is fun to watch all the excuses for illegal immigration. They get more desperate and bizarre each time.
 
Old 08-18-2013, 09:48 AM
 
Location: Native Floridian, USA
4,896 posts, read 5,867,686 times
Reputation: 6050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Rubio, who for a short time, was the GOP golden boy is and always was a flash in the pan. You can't serve to ideological masters and stand solid. Trying to live a life with no solid belief system and trying to please everyone will always fail. He's done as a golden boy. From this point forward he should just go for amnesty to appease his real base and switch to the liberal party.
I have been saying this since he was a member of the Fl government. A strictly political animal.....and would get no vote from me.
 
Old 08-18-2013, 09:54 AM
 
Location: Native Floridian, USA
4,896 posts, read 5,867,686 times
Reputation: 6050
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Rubio was **never** the dream boy of the GOP. Instead, Rubio was/is the **gullible punk** of the GOP who was/is so disliked that the GOP made no effort to stop him from making a fool out of himself.

Liberals think they know it all. They don't.
At one point in time, he was the darling of the tea party. He floats......or goes with the wind......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top