U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 12:52 PM

10,589 posts, read 10,350,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
One down, twenty million to go.

She can take her kids with her. And walk them to school in her country.
If you are to have guests in your national household...They have to be invited and not sneak in the back door and find them napping on your couch...only to wake them up and have them ask for a snack. I see illegals in Canada and they really have this idea that no one owns Canada and it is up for grabs...Well I own the place...and I have an official certificate to prove it... Its on some really fine bonded paper and it states clearly.... Certificate Of Canadian Citizenship.....................That is my deed .....If illegals want to live in America they had better get certified. I have been in Canada since I was a baby...that was 1950 - once I was old enough...1960...I stood in a government office and swore my loyalty to the nation.

Anyone who wants into Canada or America better be prepared to be serious about it- Once you come into America if you are serious about being part of the family- you had better do it legally - If you are illegal it means you are not a serous family member- so who needs you around?- I don't.

Old 08-18-2013, 01:01 PM

8,175 posts, read 9,393,798 times
To her I say, buh bye, don't let the door hit you. Just wish we could lock it shut.

Old 08-18-2013, 02:03 PM

10,026 posts, read 8,883,883 times
The fact is not every illegal comes here, works hard and learns English. If this was the case people would be more sympathetic to them. The reality is many never learn English and we cater to them. Most illegals are from Mexico's underclass and many are a drain on welfare. In fact according to many stats I have seen, the majority of them do take some welfare. In Illinois most of those who get state paid medical are illegals and their children.

No, I don't want to make it easier for these people to immigrate here. They hurt the underclass by taking jobs below wage and they hurt tax payers by taking welfare they shouldn't receive.

Old 08-18-2013, 02:57 PM

5,467 posts, read 4,603,270 times
Whatever happened to the birthright citizenship act of 2009 and 2011???? They died in Congress. Now there is a birthright citizenship act of 2013. I'm wondering if this one has any chance of passing.

This bill would eliminate birthright citizenship for children born to undocumented immigrants in the U.S. Current U.S. law automatically recognizes any person born on American soil as a natural born citizen. Under the bill, only children with at least one parent who is a U.S. citizen, a legal permanent resident, or an undocumented immigrant serving in the military would be considered citizens.

If only Congress would pass this, it would eliminate the problem of having to separate mother from children. They would ALL be illegals, and ALL would be deported. As it should be.

Ending birthright citizenship for children born to illegal aliens* | July 31, 2013 | Sonoran News

Old 08-18-2013, 04:33 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,840,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Whatever happened to the birthright citizenship act of 2009 and 2011???? They died in Congress. Now there is a birthright citizenship act of 2013. I'm wondering if this one has any chance of passing.

This bill would eliminate birthright citizenship for children born to undocumented immigrants in the U.S. Current U.S. law automatically recognizes any person born on American soil as a natural born citizen. Under the bill, only children with at least one parent who is a U.S. citizen, a legal permanent resident, or an undocumented immigrant serving in the military would be considered citizens.

If only Congress would pass this, it would eliminate the problem of having to separate mother from children. They would ALL be illegals, and ALL would be deported. As it should be.

Ending birthright citizenship for children born to illegal aliens* | July 31, 2013 | Sonoran News
Yes and it's worse rewarding those who come over here to breed irresponsibly just so they will be rewarded with amnesty -- some suggest that all those who have popped out children here should be handed amnesty and citizenship while those without children here could be deported. Silly to keep the welfare queens who may have never worked a day in their lives here.

The problem with that, it's the losers who want the welfare handouts that have children here, if an illegal is really just here to work hard, he leaves his kids back home where he can actually afford the costs.

Old 08-18-2013, 05:10 PM

7,142 posts, read 8,468,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
She sneaked in, somehow supported herself without ever getting a green card (because she was illegal and couldn't), had three kids, drove a car without a license and now she thinks she should be allowed to stay. No one wants to tear families apart, but she should have come here the legal way and now she may have to go back to Mexico and take her kids with her.
Except that her children are US citizens, who are entitled to be here and who are entitled to receive a US education. So no they should not go with her. We don't deport US citizens.

Old 08-18-2013, 05:19 PM

7,142 posts, read 8,468,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Being in the country for over a decade? This woman should have filed the papers and made an effort to get legit.
That is impossible. There is no process for it. Something that many immigrant advocates have been lobbying for for years, without success.

Old 08-18-2013, 05:48 PM

10,026 posts, read 8,883,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Yes and it's worse rewarding those who come over here to breed irresponsibly just so they will be rewarded with amnesty -- some suggest that all those who have popped out children here should be handed amnesty and citizenship while those without children here could be deported. Silly to keep the welfare queens who may have never worked a day in their lives here.

The problem with that, it's the losers who want the welfare handouts that have children here, if an illegal is really just here to work hard, he leaves his kids back home where he can actually afford the costs.
Exactly. I will never understand those people who want to keep the freeloaders here. It's bad enough we have our own here we don't need to import them, like that one who was here 20 years and getting welfare that time. If anything I'd rather keep those who come here and work versus those who come here for welfare.

Old 08-18-2013, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
The fact is not every illegal comes here, works hard and learns English. If this was the case people would be more sympathetic to them. The reality is many never learn English and we cater to them. Most illegals are from Mexico's underclass and many are a drain on welfare. In fact according to many stats I have seen, the majority of them do take some welfare. In Illinois most of those who get state paid medical are illegals and their children.

No, I don't want to make it easier for these people to immigrate here. They hurt the underclass by taking jobs below wage and they hurt tax payers by taking welfare they shouldn't receive.
When FOX was president of Mexico - I believe he cut a tacit deal with Bush...The upper class in Mexico are very rich and they had a lot of servants....eventually they had to many slaves and I think that Fox asked America- do you mind if our elite dump their surplus servants on your side of the boarder...maybe you can make use of them- The administration in America was fully aware of the wave of migrants drifting north...and they quietly approved of the invasion. They must have because they did NOTHING in the early stages to curb the influx of surplus servants...They could have gotten the problem under control 30 years ago...now because of the sheer numbers - It is impossible to turn back the tide...........You have the population of Canada who are illegals- literally another nation has formed within the south western parts of America...I would say it is to late and the best you can to is create restriction and get them under control.

Old 08-18-2013, 06:06 PM

Workers in Mexico generated a lot of wealth for the elite there...Eventually things reached their limits and they simply were not needed anymore - Some one in Mexico came to the conclusion that that the feeding and housing of these spent laborers was not in the budget......so they pushed them north. This migration was planned and it is not an accident. Also -there is some sort of nationalist agenda that comes out of Mexico where they think they have a right to re-claim lands once controlled by them. It reminds me of Muslims who in ancient time waged war with Christians for domain over territory...and apparently the battle in Europe is being won by Islam........The idea of "breeding them out of existence" is still prevalent. Those out of Mexico will in time internally displace those in former Spanish territories.

The UN is all for internal displacement of established populations through invasive migration..They believe there should be no boarders anywhere. There are liberal progressives in Washington who have the same one world dream....It's a form of communism...but..the elite will avoid being with the unwashed masses - They will live in secured communities with private security that keeps the poor at bay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or