U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 08-16-2013, 03:12 PM
 
79 posts, read 80,569 times
Reputation: 70

Advertisements

Mother to be deported same day as children start school in... | www.wsoctv.com

No mention of a papi in this story. Three kids and no padre? Que pasa?

 
Old 08-16-2013, 05:50 PM
 
Location: too far from the sea
18,011 posts, read 17,159,915 times
Reputation: 30157
Since your link didn't work and part of your post is in Spanish, I'll outline the story. She has been here illegally for fourteen years. She has three children who were born here. She was arrested for driving without a license and now she is being deported.

Groups are fighting to help her and I think there will be some loophole that allows her to stay, but I don't think people should come illegally and be allowed to stay.

She sneaked in, somehow supported herself without ever getting a green card (because she was illegal and couldn't), had three kids, drove a car without a license and now she thinks she should be allowed to stay. No one wants to tear families apart, but she should have come here the legal way and now she may have to go back to Mexico and take her kids with her.

Immigration needs to be made easier so that people who are qualified will be able to come. That way if she had been eligible in the first place she could easily have come legally and not had to sneak in.
__________________
my posts as moderator will be in red. Moderator: Health&Wellness~Genealogy. The Rules--read here>>> TOS. If someone attacks you, do not reply. Hit REPORT.
 
Old 08-17-2013, 02:08 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times
Reputation: 22159
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Since your link didn't work and part of your post is in Spanish, I'll outline the story. She has been here illegally for fourteen years. She has three children who were born here. She was arrested for driving without a license and now she is being deported.

Groups are fighting to help her and I think there will be some loophole that allows her to stay, but I don't think people should come illegally and be allowed to stay.

She sneaked in, somehow supported herself without ever getting a green card (because she was illegal and couldn't), had three kids, drove a car without a license and now she thinks she should be allowed to stay. No one wants to tear families apart, but she should have come here the legal way and now she may have to go back to Mexico and take her kids with her.

Immigration needs to be made easier so that people who are qualified will be able to come. That way if she had been eligible in the first place she could easily have come legally and not had to sneak in.
Most Americans cannot legally immigrate to France or Germany or Japan or Mexico. All countries have immigration laws and with our very high unemployment rates and very high rate of food stamp and other welfare handouts dependency, immigration should be more restricted than it is.

Using kids to get around the laws is pretty low class of these people.
 
Old 08-17-2013, 08:26 AM
 
Location: Upstate NY
30,446 posts, read 9,097,651 times
Reputation: 28983
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Most Americans cannot legally immigrate to France or Germany or Japan or Mexico. All countries have immigration laws and with our very high unemployment rates and very high rate of food stamp and other welfare handouts dependency, immigration should be more restricted than it is.

Using kids to get around the laws is pretty low class of these people.



I couldn't agree more. That "path to citizenship" has always been there for those choosing to take the legal route.
 
Old 08-17-2013, 11:26 AM
 
79 posts, read 80,569 times
Reputation: 70
Default You just think they are low-class in general, don't you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Most Americans cannot legally immigrate to France or Germany or Japan or Mexico. All countries have immigration laws and with our very high unemployment rates and very high rate of food stamp and other welfare handouts dependency, immigration should be more restricted than it is.

Using kids to get around the laws is pretty low class of these people.
I find that a curious choice of words. Of all the groups I see raising their children, Mexicans are some of the most loving. And the "hand-outs" would not be necessary if the greedy bastards running corporations like Wal-Mart, along with greedy White contractors for landscaping, painting, etc. didn't take such a high cut from them. These people work for every dime they get and then some. The welfare queens are the big box stores and military contractors like Blackwater.

Having said that, I agree totally with your observation about those other countries' policies. Even Canada is very strict in who they let in. That is how they can afford to have socialized health care.
 
Old 08-17-2013, 11:52 AM
 
Location: Arizona
5,581 posts, read 4,787,196 times
Reputation: 16501
So you think wages should be higher? You do realize that means prices will be higher. How will that help anyone?

The whole point is the woman should never have come here illegally. Every problem she has is her own doing.
 
Old 08-17-2013, 12:18 PM
 
79 posts, read 80,569 times
Reputation: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
So you think wages should be higher? You do realize that means prices will be higher. How will that help anyone?

The whole point is the woman should never have come here illegally. Every problem she has is her own doing.
YES, I think wages for AMERICANS should be higher! Bull hockey to your other comment. Read about Costco and how they pay a living wage to their employees and have had record profits.
 
Old 08-17-2013, 12:25 PM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
69,306 posts, read 79,490,574 times
Reputation: 38667
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Since your link didn't work and part of your post is in Spanish, I'll outline the story. She has been here illegally for fourteen years. She has three children who were born here. She was arrested for driving without a license and now she is being deported.

Groups are fighting to help her and I think there will be some loophole that allows her to stay, but I don't think people should come illegally and be allowed to stay.

She sneaked in, somehow supported herself without ever getting a green card (because she was illegal and couldn't), had three kids, drove a car without a license and now she thinks she should be allowed to stay. No one wants to tear families apart, but she should have come here the legal way and now she may have to go back to Mexico and take her kids with her.

Immigration needs to be made easier so that people who are qualified will be able to come. That way if she had been eligible in the first place she could easily have come legally and not had to sneak in.
With all the people who would like to come to America I don't think it is feasible to make it any easier, not to mention, many of these who do sneak over the border, speak no English and can not support themselves so they become dependent on the government. As I understand it, we are one of the most generous countries when it comes to immigration and allowing people to stay. Part of the problem is our anchor baby law.

Believe me, my heart does go out to these families. I don't have an answer because Mexico doesn't wnat the kids either. If Mexico will allow the kids to enter the country and to stay in Mexico, then she needs to get herself back to where she belongs.
 
Old 08-17-2013, 12:34 PM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
69,306 posts, read 79,490,574 times
Reputation: 38667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
I couldn't agree more. That "path to citizenship" has always been there for those choosing to take the legal route.
For those of us who know families that immigrated, whether friends or relatives we understand what they went through. They did come her for a better life, but not a life of living off the government or working here and sending all their money back to their country. They came here, via a sponsor, learned English as soon as they could, got jobs and couldn't wait to become citizens. I remember, shortly after WW2, a young boy came to our class, I think we were 4th grade about. With his mom, dad and sister he came from Italy. He spoke no English, nor did his parents but they opened a small Italian restaurant in our town. The sister was in her teens and spoke enough English to be able to communicate with customers. By the end of a year, the restaurant was doing well, no, I doubt they became millionaires but it was keeping food on the table ( no pun intended) Hugo, spoke English with no accent by the end of that year as well. He eventually graduated from high school and joined the Army. I don't know what happened to them, but I know they were proud to be Americans. My step moms parents came here from Poland. They too couldn't wait to become citizens and to learn the English language.

raina starling: we are talking about illegals here, and you think they should be paid a living wage when they won't even speak our language? Read the Canada thread and see how many people come from Canada, cross over into America to do their shopping, because our products are so much cheaper with lower taxes. And you don't think salary has anything to do with what merchandise costs?
 
Old 08-17-2013, 12:42 PM
 
35,121 posts, read 37,830,509 times
Reputation: 61845
Quote:
Originally Posted by raina starling View Post
I find that a curious choice of words. Of all the groups I see raising their children, Mexicans are some of the most loving. And the "hand-outs" would not be necessary if the greedy bastards running corporations like Wal-Mart, along with greedy White contractors for landscaping, painting, etc. didn't take such a high cut from them. These people work for every dime they get and then some. The welfare queens are the big box stores and military contractors like Blackwater.

Having said that, I agree totally with your observation about those other countries' policies. Even Canada is very strict in who they let in. That is how they can afford to have socialized health care.

That is NOT TRUE of all Mexican Illegals and some who are legal. Some are married to legal Mexican women or American women of Mexican ancestry and they do not and have never held a steady job to help financially.

Generalizations across the board cannot be used for any group or topic for anything because humans are so different and not everyone fits into that generalized mold.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top