Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 02:51 PM

1,862 posts, read 3,332,971 times

Advertisements

So, what is UP with that? I mean - the trash and everything? Why do people live like that, when it's just as easy to live cleanly?

I can just never understand it.

Old 11-13-2007, 02:54 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,426,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
So, what is UP with that? I mean - the trash and everything? Why do people live like that, when it's just as easy to live cleanly?

I can just never understand it.
That sounds like an unrelated topic to illegal immigration, we could ask the same question of many type of people living almost everywhere. Have you been to a Florida Trailer Park in a really bad neighborhood? What about the Bronx? How about the Nevada Desert?

Old 11-13-2007, 03:01 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,006,064 times
Hmmm I think most of us know when the problem with trash being thrown into our yards began...

Old 11-13-2007, 05:52 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,931,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Hmmm I think most of us know when the problem with trash being thrown into our yards began...

when people stopped cleaning

Old 11-13-2007, 06:07 PM

1,499 posts, read 4,818,862 times
Default I know hundreds of them in a personal basis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtype View Post
People on this board seem to enjoy talking trash about those terrible illegal aliens but I wonder how many of you actually know one personally. I am not talking about someone you see walking down the street looking for day labor, who you assume is illegal, but someone you know personally. You have to know for sure they are illegal.

Tell us about the illegal aliens you know personally. What are their stories and what are they like? Do you feel differently about the topic of illegal immigration because you know an illegal alien personally?
I cannot say they are ALL trash or all criminals, but a very large percentage (the majority of them) have a criminal record, are illiterate, or are extremely ignorant and crude folks.

How do I know so many? I worked in Immigration law office for quite sometime and I got to meet and attend group meetings with my supervising attorney all the time. We went to churches and ethnic clubs to give speeches and meet with peple who have questions (as a PR thing for the firm). I got to meet several of them, spoke to many of the phone. I actually made some friends (two of them, one Brazilian and one from Trinidad are still people I talk to - friends).

My issues with a lot of the aliens are:

1. An amnesty of all 20 million illegals = chain migration of at least 120 - 160 million illegals in 30 years. This will lietrally ruin the USA. 420 Million people (low estimate) due to chain migration of the existing 20 million illegals in the USA now, added to the legal immigration will be catastrophic to the environment, economy, jobs, social security, hospitals, roads, etc.

2. The QUALITY of the aliens is terrible. Low/no education, no manners, no English, very crude, they seem to have an inherit distrust and dislike of Americans and the USA. Most of them are here for work only. One group I worked with a lot, the Brazilians, used to be a lot of quality people, educated kids going to college, investors, etc. Now it is all Mexico-border hopping people from NE Brazil, very ignorant, no education, very brash/rude people. Refuse or are resistant to learn English. The same with true with Mexicans, Colombians (some of them), Peruvians, Bolivians, Indians, Pakistanis, Bangladeshis, Indonesians, Moroccans, Tunisians (these pretty much ALL have violent criminal records, violence against women in particular), and others.

3. Lots of criminals, lost of people sucking off Social Security and welfare. Not acceptable.

4. A lot of these types (I won't specify the race/nationality/religion to avoid being given negative feedback and being called a racist) but they marry 400 lbs women who live in trailers and smoke crack so they can get a Green card. The women marry men at least 20 - 40 years old then then, they cheat on the guys, they hate these guys, it's all about getting the Card.

5. A lot of these same types want to get US Citizenship (2 years and 9 mo) after getting a Green Card by marrying the crackhead lady in a trailer. They only do it so they can chain migrate their family and get Social Security/welfare easier. Despicable.

6. A lot of aliens SMELL/STINK! Bangladeshi people were the absolute worst! I vomited once after lunch when these two kids (Bangladeshi kids) ran into my office and I had just eaten. They stunk so bad, I'd love to have had a skunk come into the office that day rather than that family. These folks I worked for from Uzbekistan... OMG they smelled bad as well. Brazilians and latin people are MUCH better in that sense, as their hygene leves are much better and they bathe often, something that didn't happen with these Bangladeshis and some Indians (from India). Japanese and Korean people were EXTREMELY CLEAN, I was shocked how clean and net they are!!

I have an overall VERY bad impression of illegal and some legal aliens. My overall grade grade of aliens in general is a D-. And I dealt with aliens on a one-one bassis for many years in Florida. I am not speaking out of ignorance or bias; I speak form EXPERIENCE!

Last edited by Nirvana-Guy; 11-13-2007 at 06:19 PM..

Old 11-13-2007, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana-Guy View Post
I cannot say they are ALL trash or all criminals, but a very large percentage (the majority of them) have a criminal record, are illiterate, or are extremely ignorant and crude folks.

How do I know so many? I worked in Immigration law for quite sometime and I got to meet and attend group meeting with my supervising attorney. I got to meet several of them, spoke to many of the phone.

My issues are:

4. A lot of these types (I won't specify the race/nationality/religion to avoid being given negative feedback and being called a racist) but they marry 350lbs women who live in trailers and smoke crack so they can get a Green card. The women marry men at least 20 - 40 years old then then, they cheat on the guys, they hate these guys, it's all about the Card.

I think I know who your referring to, Red Necks.

Old 11-13-2007, 06:17 PM

3,589 posts, read 4,118,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
I do know 3 East Indians, 2 Chinese, 1 British Guy (who was living in West Palm Beach, FL illegally for 7 years until he just got married to an American). A whole family of Brazilians, Honduras, Cubans...
Until the Brit gets a green card, he's still here illegally. Marrying an American citizen does not confer automatic residency or citizenship. ALL of those people need to go home, get out of my country.

Old 11-13-2007, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Most of the ones I know will readily admit they are illegal, they will even tell you 'when they came from Mexico' - most of them are from Mexico but you find some from El Salvador and Guatemala.

Yep I speak enough Spanish to know when I am being dissed 'behind my back'.
Happens all the time. I speak Spanish too, so I love turning around and dissing them right back in their own language.

Old 11-13-2007, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
Happens all the time. I speak Spanish too, so I love turning around and dissing them right back in their own language.

Knowing how to cuss in Spanish and speaking Spanish are two different things. I can cuss people out in Cantonese (I live with a lot of asians). Just messin with ya nativeDallasite

Old 11-13-2007, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Knowing how to cuss in Spanish and speaking Spanish are two different things. I can cuss people out in Cantonese (I live with a lot of asians). Just messin with ya nativeDallasite

I studied Spanish for six years, I live in a highly Hispanic state, and I dated a Venezuelan for a year and a half in college. Once I finish with them, all they can do is try to diss the Maracucho accent I picked up from my ex-boyfriend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration