U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 08-19-2013, 12:47 PM
 
Location: South Portland, ME
874 posts, read 968,505 times
Reputation: 868

Advertisements

Tell me why you oppose unrestricted immigration... and then I can tell you why you are wrong.

 
Old 08-19-2013, 01:08 PM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 24 days ago)
 
Location: Denver
9,060 posts, read 15,470,148 times
Reputation: 5288
Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!

 
Old 08-19-2013, 01:08 PM
 
Location: South Portland, ME
874 posts, read 968,505 times
Reputation: 868
1) All of your families were immigrants at one time.
 
Old 08-19-2013, 01:10 PM
 
3,186 posts, read 5,454,537 times
Reputation: 1818
For the same reason I dont want asian snakeheads here in our lakes and streams. The uncontrolled un natural growth of any species can destroy the well established natural ones. It applies to fish, plants and even people my fine feathered friend. There has to be a natural balance . I compare the waves of illegals to that of locust . Think about it and you will see it is true.Our immigration laws have been made for good reasons. The ones who break those laws are criminals and race doesnt make them criminals ,their actions do....why cant people understand this ? or maybe they just DON NOT want to understand.
 
Old 08-19-2013, 01:10 PM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 24 days ago)
 
Location: Denver
9,060 posts, read 15,470,148 times
Reputation: 5288
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoulesMSU View Post
1) All of your families were immigrants at one time.
You are getting no argument from me, I am on-board with open immigration.
 
Old 08-19-2013, 01:11 PM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 24 days ago)
 
Location: Denver
9,060 posts, read 15,470,148 times
Reputation: 5288
Quote:
Originally Posted by crestliner View Post
For the same reason I dont want asian snakeheads here in our lake and streams. The uncontrolled un natural growth of any species can destroy the well established natural ones. It applies to fish, plants and even people my fine feathered friend. There has to be a natural balance . I compare the waves of illegals to that of locust . Think about it and you will see it is true.
Yet it was ok for centuries when they were Europeans...
 
Old 08-19-2013, 01:39 PM
 
Location: South Portland, ME
874 posts, read 968,505 times
Reputation: 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
You are getting no argument from me, I am on-board with open immigration.
I didn't see your post when I made mine. We posted at the same time I think.


Quote:
Originally Posted by crestliner View Post
For the same reason I dont want asian snakeheads here in our lakes and streams. The uncontrolled un natural growth of any species can destroy the well established natural ones. It applies to fish, plants and even people my fine feathered friend. There has to be a natural balance . I compare the waves of illegals to that of locust . Think about it and you will see it is true.Our immigration laws have been made for good reasons. The ones who break those laws are criminals and race doesnt make them criminals ,their actions do....why cant people understand this ? or maybe they just DON NOT want to understand.

"Un natural growth" lol, okay, besides the fact that humans living anywhere outside of Africa is "un natural" to begin with (if you want to talk about "native habitats") - how exactly do you consider this country to be 'well established'? Our population density is one of the lowest in the world, with only 83 people per square mile. By contrast, the United Kingdom (which shares our high standard of living) has 660 people per square mile. Even if our population doubled overnight, we wouldn't be near that at all. In fact, the entire continent of Europe (which is SMALLER than the United States) has nearly twice our population, and they seem to be able to support it with few problems. Also, to reach the same density per square mile as the UK, we would have to have a population of 2,504,106,000 or 2.5 billion people, which would be 35% of the world's population suffice to say, that means there is a LOT of room for more people to live here.

Also, what laws are they breaking? The ones prevent people from being able to move freely (a human right) and work where they want (another human right)? Oh man, those "law breakers" are such bad people, breaking laws that would violate their human rights if followed.
 
Old 08-19-2013, 01:42 PM
 
1,859 posts, read 1,959,085 times
Reputation: 2351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Yet it was ok for centuries when they were Europeans...
Yes, the same old tired excuse about the Europeans. Well, the Europeans and their accomplishments are the entire reason everyone else wants to come over here.
 
Old 08-19-2013, 02:01 PM
Sco
 
4,259 posts, read 4,085,759 times
Reputation: 3352
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
Yes, the same old tired excuse about the Europeans. Well, the Europeans and their accomplishments are the entire reason everyone else wants to come over here.
It would be more truthful to say that North America benefited greatly from geographic isolation, no major damage from multiple global conflicts and a wealth of natural resources that could be plundered at little to no cost from the indigenous population.

But hey if you want to give all the credit to the inherent greatness of white people, so be it.
 
Old 08-19-2013, 02:42 PM
 
1,859 posts, read 1,959,085 times
Reputation: 2351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
It would be more truthful to say that North America benefited greatly from geographic isolation, no major damage from multiple global conflicts and a wealth of natural resources that could be plundered at little to no cost from the indigenous population.

But hey if you want to give all the credit to the inherent greatness of white people, so be it.
Of course the ingenuity of the masterminds of the Industrial Revolution; the creation of the most powerful country in the world, with the greatest free democracy would just be a footnote in your book I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top