Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you agree with this article I found
Yes 0 0%
No 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 12:03 PM

181 posts, read 302,966 times

Advertisements

Weeks Population: Mexico's Population Projections

"Population projections in the United States are now quite intimately involved with what is happening demographically in Mexico, and Mexico's CONAPO (National Council on Population) recently completed a set of projections for Mexico (at the state level) out to 2050, building on the new data from the 2010 census. They project an increase from the 114 million counted in the 2010 census to 137 million by 2050, with the population essentially leveling off at that number by about 2040."

"They project increases in life expectancy (from the current 77 years for women to 82 in 2050), coupled with declines in fertility (from the current TFR of 2.2 down to 2.1). Furthermore, the total number of births each year in Mexico is projected to stay very close to its current level of 2.2 million per year (dropping a bit to 1.9 million per year by 2050). This would clearly suggest that the need for young people in Mexico to migrate to the US because of the pressure of population growth on resources is forecast to recede into oblivion. But, that doesn't mean that CONAPO projects no migration. As we know, there will continue to be a demand for workers in the US to pay for the increasingly older population and CONAPO takes this into account, projecting that the net annual number of international emigrants from Mexico will rise from its current level of about 300,000 per year (a drop from the average of 500,000 in the previous decade) to about 600,000 per year by 2019 and staying at that level until 2050. That annual exodus is, of course, part of the explanation for Mexico's projected slow growth."

"So far, CONAPO has published only summary data, and not age-sex structures. We can hope that these details will come along soon, prodded by members of SOMEDE (the Mexican Demographic Society) from whom I just learned about the new projections."

Why would they immigrate If their economy is growing? Does this make sense to you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2013, 12:31 PM

62,938 posts, read 29,134,396 times
I didn't see the words "illegal immigration" in this article and that what this forum is about.

Old 08-22-2013, 01:21 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,847,096 times
I came across a post as recently as yesterday, where the member alluded to potential immigrants just "filling out all of the forms" and "waiting", as if that was the requirements to immigrate. Illegal aliens are often identified that they didn't wait ("jumped the line") or immigrate properly, where in actuality they are more likely to not have any relationship to a U.S. citizen or any other qualifier before they came here. Most Americans aren't familiar with how immigration works.

I think they see stories like this, and are unaware that there are Mexicans and other nationalities that live out their entire day being unconcerned about coming to America...

Old 08-24-2013, 10:56 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Immigration including the illegal kind is not limited to Mexico and the other Central American nations have even higher birth rates than does Mexico.

One reason Mexico's birth rate has declined is that many millions of Mexicans give birth in the USA -- it's a short trip to a border hospital for them and a USA birth comes with many many advantages. The reason hispanic birth rates in the USA are so amazingly high isn't because American-hispanics are gulping down handfuls of fertility pills, much has to do with those coming over the border to give birth on this side. If it were only Americans, the hispanic birth rate would likely be about the same as other Americans' birth rates.

Old 08-24-2013, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Immigration including the illegal kind is not limited to Mexico and the other Central American nations have even higher birth rates than does Mexico.

One reason Mexico's birth rate has declined is that many millions of Mexicans give birth in the USA -- it's a short trip to a border hospital for them and a USA birth comes with many many advantages. The reason hispanic birth rates in the USA are so amazingly high isn't because American-hispanics are gulping down handfuls of fertility pills, much has to do with those coming over the border to give birth on this side. If it were only Americans, the hispanic birth rate would likely be about the same as other Americans' birth rates.
And now the unreality that the underpopulated northern frontier of Mexico is the only places that don't need those teleportation pads to get pregnant Mexicans to the United States. What would really make you point is some actual birthrate data. The total Hispanic births are below a million annually in the United States, 37% of Hispanics (all age groups) being foreign-born, 18% being illegally present.

Somehow again, we are derailed into discussing the birthrates of Mexican Nationals (without actual data to support the statements) in the Illegal Immigration section...

"tinman", there is an image problem here, because these guys just want to go back to talking about Mexicans time after time...

Old 08-25-2013, 05:42 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
And now the unreality that the underpopulated northern frontier of Mexico is the only places that don't need those teleportation pads to get pregnant Mexicans to the United States. What would really make you point is some actual birthrate data. The total Hispanic births are below a million annually in the United States, 37% of Hispanics (all age groups) being foreign-born, 18% being illegally present.

Somehow again, we are derailed into discussing the birthrates of Mexican Nationals (without actual data to support the statements) in the Illegal Immigration section...

"tinman", there is an image problem here, because these guys just want to go back to talking about Mexicans time after time...
I myself don't care for the constant bashing of Mexican nationals. Bashing all Mexicans because of the minority is like bashing americans because a minority of us violate gun laws.
The focus on Mexico when discussing illegal immigration is to be expected in light of the fact that the vast majority of illegals are from mexico.
Why would the focus be on few from Greenland?
As I said I agree with you when it comes to blanket statements about Mexicans, as in all mexicans. Or mexicans do this or Mexicans don't control their reproductive habits. No some don't, the very poor. Just as poor Americans tend to have more kids than middle class and wealthy americans do.

Old 08-25-2013, 07:36 AM

62,938 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I myself don't care for the constant bashing of Mexican nationals. Bashing all Mexicans because of the minority is like bashing americans because a minority of us violate gun laws.
The focus on Mexico when discussing illegal immigration is to be expected in light of the fact that the vast majority of illegals are from mexico.
As I said I agree with you when it comes to blanket statements about Mexicans, as in all mexicans. Or mexicans do this or Mexicans don't control their reproductive habits. No some don't, the very poor. Just as poor Americans tend to have more kids than middle class and wealthy americans do.
It is mostly the fact that when it is repeated or acknowledged that most illegals here illegally are Mexicans and other Latinos that really brings out the race card. Why would facts be racist? No one has said that there aren't illegals from elsewhere or that we only want Mexicans here illegally deported however that gets ignored by the pro-illegal crowd constantly.

Old 08-25-2013, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
It's telling when a position is justified by a truth used to support a lie. You may not even realize making the error. Let's go back and analyze the statement from "malamute" further, and determine what I am referring to:

Quote:

One reason Mexico's birth rate has declined is that many millions of Mexicans give birth in the USA -- it's a short trip to a border hospital for them and a USA birth comes with many many advantages...
I've got no issue with the first declaration: "Immigration including the illegal kind is not limited to Mexico". Well, I might, because legal immigration is being inserted into the statement, and I know how "malamute" uses his phrases. Birth rates of Mexico and Central American nations: "malamute" provides no data on what those actually are.

But that doesn't prevent him from saying "many millions of Mexicans give birth in the USA". "[i]t's a short trip to a border hospital for them" has little reality when talking about "many millions of Mexicans", the vast majority of Mexicans live away from the border. You didn't think my comment about "teleportation pads" was pointing at that fact?

Quote:
...The reason hispanic birth rates in the USA are so amazingly high isn't because American-hispanics are gulping down handfuls of fertility pills, much has to do with those coming over the border to give birth on this side. If it were only Americans, the hispanic birth rate would likely be about the same as other Americans' birth rates.
Again, no data about the birth rates of Hispanics (now it is opened up further, not about Mexicans and/or illegal aliens). Another claim of Mexicans coming over the border to give birth. I've provided tedious detail on birth rates from the CDC in the past, yet "malamute" won't source the data, because it invalidates his claims.

So we still get lost in things like "Oldglory" believing there was only 276,550 legal immigrants from Mexico, and 1.9 million legal immigrants total. I'm left wondering why a chart or graph, or a sentence of information can be so hard to grasp. It's just easier for them to respond that I am an "ethnocentric", a person focused on Hispanic ethnicity to the exclusion of all others.

I've just responded to an occasional frequenter here out on the parent P&OC section said that I will "continue... ...breaking [U.S.] immigration laws". This image problem I speak of means reinventing the background of the member they are contesting, excluding data that shows they are wrong, incorporating information from invalid sources. As I said before, when the focus goes to being outside the sphere of illegal immigration, it's an image problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration