U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 05:36 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,887,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Read the article, her mother was surprised when Josie asked the question (two prior people received very similar responses)...

Yes, she (Megan Macaraeg) is the Organizing Director at the Tennessee Immigrant and Refugee Rights Coalition...
None of which changes the fact that the father is an illegal immigrant. He willfully violated our immigration laws. There are consequences for violating our laws. It's a shame that so many children get caught in the crossfire, but it is their parents who put the child there.
I believe that the child was used as a pawn by the illegal advocates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2013, 07:17 AM

31,543 posts, read 14,580,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
Opposing illegal immigration does not necessarily mean that one is a racist and/or a nativist.
Nor does it mean that one has to be a right winger or a teapartier either. I know many on the left that want illegal aliens to go back to their homelands also. I fail to see how advocating for the enforcement of our immigration laws equates to making fun of this girl and her father but some will say anything to flame along party lines and call those of us for the rule of law all kinds of unwarranted nasty names. They just plain can't be civil because they know they are on the wrong side of this issue.

Old 08-25-2013, 07:26 AM

This article is nothing but a pro-illegal symph piece anyway. Note how those of us for the rule of law are called anti-"immigration" once again? The truth was spoken in a kind way and not mean at all.

DesJarlais responded, “Thank you for being here, and thank you for coming forward and speaking…the answer still kinda remains the same: we have laws and we need to follow those laws, and that’s where we’re at.”
The anti-immigration advocates in the crowd reportedly applauded and cheered in response as Josie took her seat, head down.

Old 08-25-2013, 10:31 AM

4,053 posts, read 4,430,320 times
If he does not want to be separated from his daughter, he should take her back to El Salvador with him, OR maybe the girl's mother should marry the girl's father (crazy idea, I know). It's easier to be a victim, though.

Old 08-25-2013, 10:34 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,290,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
If he does not want to be separated from his daughter, he should take her back to El Salvador with him, OR maybe the girl's mother should marry the girl's father (crazy idea, I know). It's easier to be a victim, though.
Agreed tho the girl's mother is a US citizen so the kid can stay here legally but the illegal alien "father" STILL needs to go home.

Old 08-25-2013, 12:50 PM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 25 days ago)

9,060 posts, read 15,472,876 times
This is why I hate the GOP, the entire party should never win an election again.

The fact that they laughed and cheered in the face of a little girl who will lose her father is disgusting and classless.

Old 08-25-2013, 01:07 PM

4,285 posts, read 2,746,283 times
using children for political gain is about as low as you can get.

Old 08-25-2013, 01:10 PM

1,250 posts, read 1,080,897 times
Why doesn't the family just go to El Salvador? The daughter can return to America once she is an adult.

Old 08-25-2013, 01:32 PM

3,161 posts, read 3,712,629 times
so have they deported the criminal yet ?

Im sure glad my parents have integrity and I didnt have to humiliate myself on TV like they forced that poor child to do.

Old 08-25-2013, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
This is why I hate the GOP, the entire party should never win an election again.

The fact that they laughed and cheered in the face of a little girl who will lose her father is disgusting and classless.

I see, so this represents the entire Republican party? Are you equally disgusted when many Democrats want illegals deported also? All the sites that reported this incident are leftist sites but you are willing to believe anything they say that they were mocking this girl?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration