U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 03:24 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,884,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
get out of here... you flip-flip more than Romney tinman...I am not talking to you.
Ouch oh my god life is over as I once knew it.
Out of curiosity what part of my statement wasn't true?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2013, 03:24 PM

31,500 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Quote:
TACT ...look the word up.

He didn't ask about her personal situation, didn't care to address her story or ask about her mother. Nothing... he said what the Tennessee crowd wanted to hear.
I know what the word tact means and he used it in his response to her. Telling the is the truth is not tactful? Personal situations non-withstanding whether you be a citizen or an "immigrant" justice will be served if you break the law and rightly so. I don't see American lawbreakers getting a pass on breaking our laws just because they have kids so why should illegal aliens?

Yes, it is what the crowd wanted to here. To finally have a politician who will stand up for the rule of law is a blessing. If you are tying to claim that he only said what he said to placate the crowd rather than it being his own personal beliefs I'd certainly like proof of that.

Old 08-25-2013, 03:25 PM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 24 days ago)

9,060 posts, read 15,470,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I know what the word tact means and he used it in his response to her. Telling the is the truth is not tactful? Personal situations non-withstanding whether you be a citizen or an "immigrant" justice will be served if you break the law and rightly so. I don't see American lawbreakers getting a pass on breaking our laws just because they have kids so why should illegal aliens?

Yes, it is what the crowd wanted to here. To finally have a politician who will stand up for the rule of law is a blessing. If you are tying to claim that he only said what he said to placate the crowd rather than it being his own personal beliefs I'd certainly like proof of that.

He is her congressman, he’s there to provide solutions.

The proof is that this man has been BUSTED for forcing his mistress to have 2 abortions... he is desperate and falling back to his base. So yes, he would say things like this to placate his GOP audience.

Old 08-25-2013, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Ouch oh my god life is over as I once knew it.
Out of curiosity what part of my statement wasn't true?
You are saying the same thing tinman as Old Glory and your assumed cohort. But I know you have flip-flopped in the past (twice) so your credibility is 0 IMO.

I don't care to address people who change their values on a whim.

Old 08-25-2013, 03:36 PM

Quote:
He is her congressman, hes there to provide solutions.
I called my congressman and Senator to see how we might expedite my step daughters immigration application. I was told the system is what is and it will take 7 years. Take note we are obeying the law.No cheating, no sneaking and no lying..
As a congressman you have limits to your power. Now imagine hearing that our broken system requires 7 years for no good reason other than it is the system we have. Imagine when I watch our President parade a confessed illegal on stage and misrepresent her as the average illegal as he pushes to reward not those who obey the law, but those who violated the law.
You might understand why my sympathy for illegals is a tad lacking.
In this case. This congressman is supposed call the white house and demand an exemption for this illegal alien because his daughter asked a canned question? I am sad for the child. Children don't get to chose their parents nor do they get to decide when they are being used as a tool. What kind of a parent would use their child as a political tool? Not I but we see it every day for various causes.

Old 08-25-2013, 03:40 PM

Quote:
You are saying the same thing tinman as Old Glory and your assumed cohort. But I know you have flip-flopped in the past (twice) so your credibility is 0 IMO.

I don't care to address people who change their values on a whim.
So I elect not to support a confessed illegal I am in a partnership with someone. What Oldglory and I have a secret handshake? I have openly disagreed with Glory many times. On this issue the congressman was polite and direct and to the point. I have someone waiting to enter legally, 2 college degrees, no criminal violations, no immigration violations. 7 years is the wait. No matter what it is 5 to 7 years. Sorry I will not take the side of a known illegal who disregarded our laws. I will not celebrate any free pass for those who violated our laws while those who play by the rules wait 5 to 7 years.
By the way my values have never changed. I still disagree with any race based bashing and I still disagree with any form of a free pass for illegals.
Opinions evolve, positions shift based on change.
Only the ignorant refuse to evolve. Look no further than the grid lock in DC. With that I am off to toil in the factory.

Old 08-25-2013, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I called my congressman and Senator to see how we might expedite my step daughters immigration application. I was told the system is what is and it will take 7 years. Take note we are obeying the law.No cheating, no sneaking and no lying..
As a congressman you have limits to your power. Now imagine hearing that our broken system requires 7 years for no good reason other than it is the system we have. Imagine when I watch our President parade a confessed illegal on stage and misrepresent her as the average illegal as he pushes to reward not those who obey the law, but those who violated the law.
You might understand why my sympathy for illegals is a tad lacking.
In this case. This congressman is supposed call the white house and demand an exemption for this illegal alien because his daughter asked a canned question? I am sad for the child. Children don't get to chose their parents nor do they get to decide when they are being used as a tool. What kind of a parent would use their child as a political tool? Not I but we see it every day for various causes.
Again ^^^ you disregard the girls question as canned. So brazen...

Old 08-25-2013, 04:11 PM

38 posts, read 22,881 times
Quote:
Again ^^^ you disregard the girls question as canned. So brazen...
You do realize that mommy is an immigration activist, right?
Quote:
Her mother, Megan Macaraeg, said she was surprised when her daughter got up to speak, after two undocumented immigrants spoke earlier and got the same response. Macaraeg is an organizing director for the Tennessee Immigrant and Refugee Rights Coalition.
Is it possible that the child has picked up some of moms activist traits and attempted to use the question to garner sympathy?

Old 08-25-2013, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attus Black View Post
You do realize that mommy is an immigration activist, right?Is it possible that the child has picked up some of moms activist traits and attempted to use the question to garner sympathy?
She also has a degree in political science, is it possible that her child picked up her moms interest in politics and asked a legitimate question?

Old 08-25-2013, 04:54 PM

31,500 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Quote:
He is her congressman, hes there to provide solutions.

The proof is that this man has been BUSTED for forcing his mistress to have 2 abortions... he is desperate and falling back to his base. So yes, he would say things like this to placate his GOP audience.
You have no proof that whatsoever. All he said is that we have immigration laws and they must be followed.

He isn't only a congressmen to her. He is a congressmen to all the Americans in his district. Solutions should be in the best interests of all citizens and this country. Granting amnesty to illegals and thumbing one's nose at our immigration laws is not a viable solution.

Last edited by Oldglory; 08-25-2013 at 05:02 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration