U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-24-2013, 08:09 PM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,282,218 times
Reputation: 5895

Advertisements

The girl, identified as Josie Molina Macareg, approached the microphone at a town hall last week to ask Rep. Scott DesJarlais, I have a dad whos undocumented. What can I do so he can stay with me?

Crowd cheers as GOP rep. tells girl her dad should be deported

Deport the father; he's just an illegal alien. The daughter can go back to his home with him and can come back to the US when she's 18.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-24-2013, 10:36 PM
 
Location: OCEAN BREEZES AND VIEWS SAN CLEMENTE
19,899 posts, read 15,287,998 times
Reputation: 6451
Not being mean at all. It is what it is, and people need to stop beating around the damn bush. If these parents and childrlen do not want to be apart from each other. Then just maybe they ought to think about coming to this Country, by legal means.

Not illegal. If anything it is not americans being mean, think some have it backwards? but the parents of these children. Some need to get a life, nothing racist about this situation, how ingorant and it is not bliss.

FYI i have democrat friends behind close doors, that say how they really feel they don't want illegals being here any more then so many americans.

This is not on americans, some need to get this fact striaght, but on those who choose to do something that is against the law. People who seem to bring up racist when facts pertaining to illegals, are just ignorant and nothing we can do about that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2013, 10:47 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,010,077 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Not being mean at all. It is what it is, and people need to stop beating around the damn bush. If these parents and childrlen do not want to be apart from each other. Then just maybe they ought to think about coming to this Country, by legal means.

Not illegal. If anything it is not americans being mean, think some have it backwards? but the parents of these children. Some need to get a life, nothing racist about this situation, how ingorant and it is not bliss.

FYI i have democrat friends behind close doors, that say how they really feel they don't want illegals being here any more then so many americans.

This is not on americans, some need to get this fact striaght, but on those who choose to do something that is against the law. People who seem to bring up racist when facts pertaining to illegals, are just ignorant and nothing we can do about that.
Her mother (Megan Macaraeg) legally immigrated, and is educated and accomplished...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2013, 10:53 PM
 
Location: NJ
18,677 posts, read 16,438,494 times
Reputation: 7274
Great (sar)-another crowd that is too lowbrow to have earned the right to be a WWE crowd-let alone attending a political event.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2013, 10:58 PM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,282,218 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Her mother (Megan Macaraeg) legally immigrated, and is educated and accomplished...
She still got involved with an illegal alien. I don;t hear most people get upset if the US born husband or wife of an American goes to jail because the law got broken.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2013, 11:20 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,010,077 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Well; the "father" is the bad guy here BECAUSE he's a illegal alien. I think that kid was put up by her family to say that stuff but it backfired.

BTW: I'd feel the SAME if that kid was of Irish family with the name Sinead and her father was named Padraig from Ireland.
Read the article, her mother was surprised when Josie asked the question (two prior people received very similar responses)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
She still got involved with an illegal alien. I don;t hear most people get upset if the US born husband or wife of an American goes to jail because the law got broken.
Yes, she (Megan Macaraeg) is the Organizing Director at the Tennessee Immigrant and Refugee Rights Coalition...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2013, 01:14 AM
 
Location: Sale Creek, TN
3,800 posts, read 3,429,050 times
Reputation: 3985
So, if this girls father was being sent to prison, after being convicted of a crime, we should reconsider because it would seperate them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2013, 01:21 AM
 
Location: Underneath the Pecan Tree
15,989 posts, read 29,784,428 times
Reputation: 7238
Someone needs to school this child on immigration laws and the proper way of doing it. You have people who invest thousands of dollars over years and years to get into this state. Yet, your father was so selfish in his quest that he illegally came into this country and pretty much disrespected all of those who did it the correct way. Your father deserves no sympathy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2013, 01:22 AM
 
1,866 posts, read 2,168,299 times
Reputation: 1440
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
Maybe if you went back to 5th grade and learned to read English a little better...
And was I talking to you? I don't think so. This was an A and B conversation so just C your way out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2013, 01:46 AM
 
Location: DFW
2,262 posts, read 2,691,194 times
Reputation: 1288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
The girl, identified as Josie Molina Macareg, approached the microphone at a town hall last week to ask Rep. Scott DesJarlais, I have a dad whos undocumented. What can I do so he can stay with me?

Crowd cheers as GOP rep. tells girl her dad should be deported

Deport the father; he's just an illegal alien. The daughter can go back to his home with him and can come back to the US when she's 18.
He's right, we have laws and he didn't follow them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top