Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 06:09 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times

Advertisements

What should be America's act of last resort?

I think the only act that will work if the scenario happens is 100 million americans protesting in DC. Maybe congress wont listen to 10000 or 20000 people but 100 million? That could definetly work. Hard to imagine Congress avoiding 100 million americans at the doorsteps of the Captiol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2007, 06:52 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,909,519 times
I seriously doubt it would happen. Sadly, most Americans are too much into who is going to be the next American Idol, who got voted off the island, what Leno or Letterman said the night before, which team is going to the World Series or SuperBowl, and a host of other really important issues. /sarc off.

Old 11-14-2007, 07:12 AM

1,862 posts, read 3,342,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
I seriously doubt it would happen. Sadly, most Americans are too much into who is going to be the next American Idol, who got voted off the island, what Leno or Letterman said the night before, which team is going to the World Series or SuperBowl, and a host of other really important issues. /sarc off.
I think a lot of people are waking up - there's been lots of protesting about this issue to the representatives (so-called) - faxes, phone calls, e-mails, letters, etc. That's why the amnesty bill went down TWICE.

A big protest could happen, if things keep up the way they are, and the will of the people is still ignored. You don't necessarily need 100,000,000 to do it.

But, hopefully, Clinton will NOT be president!!

Old 11-14-2007, 07:21 AM

238 posts, read 1,144,176 times
I suspect the real amnesty of illegal immigration under a Clinton Administration will be a serious cut in enforcement. They will stop the raids of illegal aliens, tell the border patrol to stand down and eliminate interior enforcement of employers hiring illegals. All this will be done administratively with no new laws. The Homeland Security Department will just not pay much attention to immigration enforcement. They will say they are but will do basically nothing. A even worse informal amnesty than today will occur.

Old 11-14-2007, 07:40 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,747,161 times
Hillary's campaign has gone into neutral ever since she decided to support Spitzer's plan for driver's licenses for illegal aliens. However, given the American sheeples short attention span, it will be up to those who are running against her to continue to bring her treasonous actions to the forefront of her campaign.

That said, it pains me to say this because: 1) I am a woman and 2) I would hope that we as a society could begin to evolve past some of our long held misconceptions about the differences between the sexes, but I don't think that this country will elect a woman president this time around.

Personally, I find Hillary completely unqualified for the presidency--and that--not the issue of her gender, will keep me from voting for her.

Old 11-14-2007, 08:10 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,633,867 times
Not every woman is so clear thinking. I of course abhor the HillBill machine, but have read where even a percentage of Repulican females will be voting for her. Gender over safety and preservation of our nation--that should be their banner, maybe they will increase their numbers with that one. I do believe if she manages to get into the White House (god forbid), there will be some form of anarchy. People are tired of the dynasty rule.

Old 11-14-2007, 08:15 AM

3,589 posts, read 4,145,884 times
Quote:
True...but I'd be one of those Americans on the steps of Congress if I thought shamnesty was a real possibility.

Old 11-14-2007, 03:14 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post

Personally, I find Hillary completely unqualified for the presidency--and that--not the issue of her gender, will keep me from voting for her.
i'm cool with a woman president but not Hiliary! My stance on illegals will not allow me to consider her.

Old 11-14-2007, 03:56 PM

1,499 posts, read 4,830,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
What should be America's act of last resort?

I think the only act that will work if the scenario happens is 100 million americans protesting in DC. Maybe congress wont listen to 10000 or 20000 people but 100 million? That could definetly work. Hard to imagine Congress avoiding 100 million americans at the doorsteps of the Captiol.
If Hillary wins, it will mark the begining of the end of the United States as we know it. I think she will tear down any fences on the US-Mexico border, will freeze any and all activities of the Border Patrol, will push really hard for amnesty.

With her in charge, I expect that 1 in every 2 people in the USA will be a foreigner. She will make the 2005 and 2006 illegal alien amnesties look like "restrictive laws".

Now, if Congress remains strongly GOP (at least the House stays as it is now), then even with Hillary on the helm, no amnesty will pass. But what she will do is open borders, restrict any effort by CBP to detain anyone, etc.

But in a way, if she does that, it could easily polarize the US against her and people could rebel and go strong conservative GOP in 2010 in the House and Senate races.

Quote:
I sadly agree, although many people are waking up, that this country is becoming part of the North American Union.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
I think a lot of people are waking up - there's been lots of protesting about this issue to the representatives (so-called) - faxes, phone calls, e-mails, letters, etc. That's why the amnesty bill went down TWICE.

A big protest could happen, if things keep up the way they are, and the will of the people is still ignored. You don't necessarily need 100,000,000 to do it.

But, hopefully, Clinton will NOT be president!!
That is very true, however, without significant street protests, Congress feels less pressured and more willing to cave into Hillary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtype View Post
I suspect the real amnesty of illegal immigration under a Clinton Administration will be a serious cut in enforcement. They will stop the raids of illegal aliens, tell the border patrol to stand down and eliminate interior enforcement of employers hiring illegals. All this will be done administratively with no new laws. The Homeland Security Department will just not pay much attention to immigration enforcement. They will say they are but will do basically nothing. A even worse informal amnesty than today will occur.
Oh I agree. But if that happens, we can only hope for a terror attack, which would be solely blamed on her for letting everyone into the US.

I hate to admit it, but I rather see another terror attack vs seeing this country implode from within. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the USA and would NEVER want to see any Americans have to die, but if the choice is 120 - 180 million new aliens entering the USA in 30 years because of an amnesty or because of Hillary, then the terrorists would be saving the USA from self-implosion. Make sense??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Hillary's campaign has gone into neutral ever since she decided to support Spitzer's plan for driver's licenses for illegal aliens. However, given the American sheeples short attention span, it will be up to those who are running against her to continue to bring her treasonous actions to the forefront of her campaign.

That said, it pains me to say this because: 1) I am a woman and 2) I would hope that we as a society could begin to evolve past some of our long held misconceptions about the differences between the sexes, but I don't think that this country will elect a woman president this time around.

Look, it is not because Hillary is a woman. It is because everyone of her ideas, from the consolidation of Bill's work in the North American Union to her open border/amnesty and instant citizenship for all policies to her pro-Nuclear Iran ideas to her quasi-Communist mentality that people DESPISE her.

Hillary is unfit for the Presidency. Not because she is a woman, but because she is a moron. And morons should not be in charge of 280 million Americans + 20 million illegals and the most powerful military in the world.

Old 11-14-2007, 05:15 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana-Guy View Post
Hillary is unfit for the Presidency. Not because she is a woman, but because she is a moron. And morons should not be in charge of 280 million Americans + 20 million illegals and the most powerful military in the world.
And Bush 43 is not?

(Although Hillary spooks me as well)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration