Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2013, 09:09 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,815,259 times

Advertisements

The girl, identified as Josie Molina Macareg, approached the microphone at a town hall last week to ask Rep. Scott DesJarlais, “I have a dad who’s undocumented. What can I do so he can stay with me?”

Crowd cheers as GOP rep. tells girl her dad should be deported

Deport the father; he's just an illegal alien. The daughter can go back to his home with him and can come back to the US when she's 18.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2013, 11:36 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,365,237 times
Not being mean at all. It is what it is, and people need to stop beating around the damn bush. If these parents and childrlen do not want to be apart from each other. Then just maybe they ought to think about coming to this Country, by legal means.

Not illegal. If anything it is not americans being mean, think some have it backwards? but the parents of these children. Some need to get a life, nothing racist about this situation, how ingorant and it is not bliss.

FYI i have democrat friends behind close doors, that say how they really feel they don't want illegals being here any more then so many americans.

This is not on americans, some need to get this fact striaght, but on those who choose to do something that is against the law. People who seem to bring up racist when facts pertaining to illegals, are just ignorant and nothing we can do about that.

Old 08-24-2013, 11:47 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,826,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Not being mean at all. It is what it is, and people need to stop beating around the damn bush. If these parents and childrlen do not want to be apart from each other. Then just maybe they ought to think about coming to this Country, by legal means.

Not illegal. If anything it is not americans being mean, think some have it backwards? but the parents of these children. Some need to get a life, nothing racist about this situation, how ingorant and it is not bliss.

FYI i have democrat friends behind close doors, that say how they really feel they don't want illegals being here any more then so many americans.

This is not on americans, some need to get this fact striaght, but on those who choose to do something that is against the law. People who seem to bring up racist when facts pertaining to illegals, are just ignorant and nothing we can do about that.
Her mother (Megan Macaraeg) legally immigrated, and is educated and accomplished...

Old 08-24-2013, 11:53 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,885,062 times
Great (sar)-another crowd that is too lowbrow to have earned the right to be a WWE crowd-let alone attending a political event.

Old 08-24-2013, 11:58 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,815,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Her mother (Megan Macaraeg) legally immigrated, and is educated and accomplished...
She still got involved with an illegal alien. I don;t hear most people get upset if the US born husband or wife of an American goes to jail because the law got broken.

Old 08-25-2013, 12:20 AM

5,299 posts, read 4,826,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Well; the "father" is the bad guy here BECAUSE he's a illegal alien. I think that kid was put up by her family to say that stuff but it backfired.

BTW: I'd feel the SAME if that kid was of Irish family with the name Sinead and her father was named Padraig from Ireland.
Read the article, her mother was surprised when Josie asked the question (two prior people received very similar responses)...

Quote:
She still got involved with an illegal alien. I don;t hear most people get upset if the US born husband or wife of an American goes to jail because the law got broken.
Yes, she (Megan Macaraeg) is the Organizing Director at the Tennessee Immigrant and Refugee Rights Coalition...

Old 08-25-2013, 02:14 AM

4,871 posts, read 4,980,786 times
So, if this girls father was being sent to prison, after being convicted of a crime, we should reconsider because it would seperate them?

Old 08-25-2013, 02:21 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,028,608 times
Someone needs to school this child on immigration laws and the proper way of doing it. You have people who invest thousands of dollars over years and years to get into this state. Yet, your father was so selfish in his quest that he illegally came into this country and pretty much disrespected all of those who did it the correct way. Your father deserves no sympathy.

Old 08-25-2013, 02:22 AM

1,866 posts, read 2,691,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
Maybe if you went back to 5th grade and learned to read English a little better...
And was I talking to you? I don't think so. This was an A and B conversation so just C your way out.

Old 08-25-2013, 02:46 AM

2,889 posts, read 3,470,931 times
Quote:
The girl, identified as Josie Molina Macareg, approached the microphone at a town hall last week to ask Rep. Scott DesJarlais, “I have a dad who’s undocumented. What can I do so he can stay with me?”

Crowd cheers as GOP rep. tells girl her dad should be deported

Deport the father; he's just an illegal alien. The daughter can go back to his home with him and can come back to the US when she's 18.
He's right, we have laws and he didn't follow them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration