U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 11:05 AM

3,162 posts, read 10,295,946 times

Advertisements

Please, be kind to share with your fellow forum users your knowledge about those countries

Think about it, knowledge is power, the more you know about the strategy and ways of your "enemy" the easier is to defeat him

Respect!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2007, 11:08 AM

9,308 posts, read 25,657,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
Please, be kind to share with your fellow forum users your knowledge about those countries

Think about it, knowledge is power, the more you know about the strategy and ways of your "enemy" the easier is to defeat him

Respect!
With all due respect, Travelling fella . . . does their origin really matter?

Personally, I do not care one bit. ILLEGAL is just that . . . ILLEGAL.

Old 11-16-2007, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
With all due respect, Travelling fella . . . does their origin really matter?

Personally, I do not care one bit. ILLEGAL is just that . . . ILLEGAL.
I think it does because:

1 It could provide a new understanding on their reasons to be ilegal

2 It could shed some light in clever ways to stop this phenomenon

3 It could help also to come up with a clever way to convince these people to go back and come legally (yup I believe impossible is nothing! ) but ymmv.

Respect!

Old 11-16-2007, 01:15 PM

86 posts, read 130,434 times
I know much about our Southern neighbor Mexico. I live in New Mexico, and get a handful of Mexican heritage every time I leave my house. I have also been to Mexico on several occasions. That is undoubtedly the largest source of Illegal Immigrants. The rest come from all over the world, from countries with different governments and policies and all that jazz.

Mexico: Actually a fairly wealthy country, but with a corrupt and bastardized version of a Democratic government. Many of Mexico's northern towns are used by the liberal left to portray the "Poverty of Mexico", which is just not true. Extreme poverty goes to less than 19% in 2004, and have been steadily decreasing. The word "Poverty" is abused by the liberal left to portray being poor and being unable to care for themselves, based on income, which is not true. Much of Mexico still has a "barter system", where people trade for goods as opposed to buying them, rendering the percentages inaccurate. Most of the country in poverty and extreme poverty are able to put food on the table. Also, that percentage has been skewed by the liberal left to include those voluntarily living in that condition (many natives in the southern region of the country still live like the did 100's of years ago). However, all percentages given are based on the US Dollar and US Living Standards, which goes much further than Mexican money and living standards. Having been there, and having seen the country, it is not as bad as is made out to believe. These people are not starving, they are not in as bad a situation as you would think. Quite simply, they are coming here for selfish reasons. It's time to remove them from our country.

Old 11-16-2007, 01:48 PM

3,589 posts, read 2,972,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
I think it does because:

1 It could provide a new understanding on their reasons to be ilegal
I don't care why they're illegal.

Quote:
2 It could shed some light in clever ways to stop this phenomenon
We need more enforcement, a no-man's land of razor wire all along the border, a shoot-to-kill policy for the border guards like they had on the Berlin Wall, and much more stringent follow-up on visa violators. We also need to require proof of citizenship or legal residence/presence in this country for financial transactions, work, renting or purchasing a car or real estate, etc. Basically, make it impossible for the illegals to live/work here. They'll leave on their own.

Quote:
3 It could help also to come up with a clever way to convince these people to go back and come legally (yup I believe impossible is nothing! ) but ymmv.
I'm not going to beg them. I'm going to ORDER them. ILLEGALS, GET OUT OF MY COUNTRY. LEAVE NOW! YOU ARE NOT WANTED.

Old 11-17-2007, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
I don't care why they're illegal.

We need more enforcement, a no-man's land of razor wire all along the border, a shoot-to-kill policy for the border guards like they had on the Berlin Wall, and much more stringent follow-up on visa violators. We also need to require proof of citizenship or legal residence/presence in this country for financial transactions, work, renting or purchasing a car or real estate, etc. Basically, make it impossible for the illegals to live/work here. They'll leave on their own.

I'm not going to beg them. I'm going to ORDER them. ILLEGALS, GET OUT OF MY COUNTRY. LEAVE NOW! YOU ARE NOT WANTED.
And if none of this works? you are into software man, and databases, you should know better than most people, that any security device created by a human being, can be broken by another human being, so even if this hardline policies were enacted there is no guarantee that they'd work, my neighboor's father is a german immigrant who fled from east Germany with his mother and brother, they were able to elude berlin's wall security and controls, they almost die in the process, specially his little brother, but they made it.

They could just dig tunnels or find more clever and sophisticated ways to break in, so you'd have to find another way imho

Old 11-17-2007, 08:48 AM

11,878 posts, read 32,921,320 times
Putting all of these obstacles on the border makes it much more difficult; it is a deterrent. My home and my car are not impervious to a break-in, but locks on the doors, alarms, and a solid wall makes my home a much less desirable target for would-be criminals.
I would never leave the keys in my car that is parked on the street, or my doors open. It's just good, common sense to make the border as secure as possible.

Old 11-17-2007, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Putting all of these obstacles on the border makes it much more difficult; it is a deterrent. My home and my car are not impervious to a break-in, but locks on the doors, alarms, and a solid wall makes my home a much less desirable target for would-be criminals.
I would never leave the keys in my car that is parked on the street, or my doors open. It's just good, common sense to make the border as secure as possible.
This is true my friend, but imho illegal immigration doesn't work like this, it's more like piracy or mp3 trade, so imho a policy that makes legal immigration easy and possible, would work better but ymmv

Something like, ok you want to come to america, fill in your form, try to find a category where you fit in and then be screened for disease and have a criminal record check and you are set.

You came illegally? hmmmm this is not good, but if we deport you, you'll just do it again, ok we can offer you a way of regularizing this situation, but then assimilate to this country, learn the language and find some licit and honest activity where you can positively contribute to this country and you are set.

if all the countries had this kind of policies life would be much easier (imho) and again ymmv

Respect!

Old 11-17-2007, 09:14 AM

11,878 posts, read 32,921,320 times
Have to disagree with you travellingfella. Piracy or mp3 trade are intellectual property while our country has definable borders that can be secured. Also, the US has policies on immigration; changing those policies because people outside of our country or pro-illegal activists want those policies changed goes against the very nature of sovereignty.

Old 11-17-2007, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Have to disagree with you travellingfella. Piracy or mp3 trade are intellectual property while our country has definable borders that can be secured. Also, the US has policies on immigration; changing those policies because people outside of our country or pro-illegal activists want those policies changed goes against the very nature of sovereignty.
My friend you are right, but with all respect, think in this for a second.

Does America respect sovereignity?

I can understand America's intervention during WWII, but I'm not so sure about the Vietnam war, and the current war in Iraq.

You can say, we are helping those poor people and we freed them from tyrants or comunism, but were they asking for it?

Why is it that America doesn't invade some countries while others get invaded?

America didn't do anything to help the people in Myanmar for example, and they want democracy, they are fighting for it.

When China invaded Tibet, is sovereignity was respected as well.

But Iraq got invaded under a false claim of having weapons of mass destruction, then the excuse changed to "freedom"

This doesn't seem as respect of sovereignity to me

Some people have complained of illegal immigrants raising their flags on american soil, but has any american complained about this? could this be karma?

What about this?

There are worse pictures, but for fear of violating the TOS I won't place them here.

I believe in karma, and karma is a powerful force, maybe that's the reason of the problems that America is facing.

Sorry if I spoke strongly this time my friend, but sometimes it's necesary

imho you can't ask for respect of your sovereignty if you don't respect other countries sovereignity.

Also, if american activists want a less restrictive immigration policy, how would this violate sovereingty, I could understand it in the case of foreign activists, but if they are american aren't they entitled to demand changes?

Last edited by Travelling fella; 11-17-2007 at 04:11 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or