Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Anchor Babies go back to their Mother's Home Country when the Parent is deported?
The Baby is a US Citizen, it should stay in America 9 11.11%
The Mother Should decide 19 23.46%
The baby should be forced to leave with the deported Mother 53 65.43%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 05:32 PM

1,511 posts, read 978,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
Too often. I can't find anything with exact numbers for you. Maybe you can find numbers for me to prove it doesn't happen that often.
burden of proof is on the one making the claim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2007, 05:43 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,919,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
burden of proof is on the one making the claim.
True. That would be hard to validate, however. The birth rates of people in this country illegally at Parkland Hospital alone in Dallas, TX are staggering; something like 70 percent of the birthrates of this county hospital are from those here illegally (who do you think foots the bill for this?). I suspect they aren't from people showing up 9 months pregnant, but it really doesn't make a difference to me. If you are here illegally, you are here illegally; it doesn't matter the length of time.

I'll try and provide you with statistics GHOST. Can't today or tomorrow because I'll be out of town tomorrow.

Have a pleasant evening and a Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family; I really mean that.

-Syn

Old 11-21-2007, 06:06 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,951,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
True. That would be hard to validate, however. The birth rates of people in this country illegally at Parkland Hospital alone in Dallas, TX are staggering; something like 70 percent of the birthrates of this county hospital are from those here illegally (who do you think foots the bill for this?). I suspect they aren't from people showing up 9 months pregnant, but it really doesn't make a difference to me. If you are here illegally, you are here illegally; it doesn't matter the length of time.

I'll try and provide you with statistics GHOST. Can't today or tomorrow because I'll be out of town tomorrow.

Have a pleasant evening and a Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family; I really mean that.

-Syn

The Government is basically footing the bill using our money. go figure. This should be stopped.

Old 11-21-2007, 06:13 PM

3,589 posts, read 4,148,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
The Government is basically footing the bill using our money. go figure. This should be stopped.
As an actual Dallas County taxpayer...who helps foot the bill for the illegals' abuse of Parkland Hospital's facilities for the indigent (it's a county hospital)...I am sick to DEATH of this. I don't mind paying taxes for county hospitals; they are absolutely necessary. However, I strongly resent footing the bill for illegals.

Old 11-21-2007, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
As an actual Dallas County taxpayer...who helps foot the bill for the illegals' abuse of Parkland Hospital's facilities for the indigent (it's a county hospital)...I am sick to DEATH of this. I don't mind paying taxes for county hospitals; they are absolutely necessary. However, I strongly resent footing the bill for illegals.

I am against footing other peoples bills period. There are other ways of doing it with out writing people checks.

Old 11-21-2007, 06:17 PM

Quote:
I am against footing other peoples bills period. There are other ways of doing it with out writing people checks.
So...if someone has 2-3 crappy part-time jobs that they had to take because an illegal took their job...and they can't afford health insurance...would you just let them bleed to death in the street rather than subsidize public healthcare? That's pretty cruel.

Old 11-21-2007, 06:22 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,919,738 times
Quote:
You and I are in complete agreement ProLogic. I'm beginning to appreciate you. We may disagree from time to time, but I like you and think you are an intelligent young person open to argument. It doesn't mean we have to agree, but I think you are being very honest with your opinions on this forum, and I respect that.

Old 11-21-2007, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
So...if someone has 2-3 crappy part-time jobs that they had to take because an illegal took their job...and they can't afford health insurance...would you just let them bleed to death in the street rather than subsidize public healthcare? That's pretty cruel.
The Government should work with employers on that. Giving health care to children living with their parents under 18 is a must though, children should not suffer.

Old 11-21-2007, 06:34 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,399,972 times
Quote:
The Government should work with employers on that.
I agree. The government should start "working with employers" by telling them if they're caught subverting the LEGAL procedures we have in place to bring in unskilled labor when "Americans can't be found to do the job," they'll get slapped with VERY hefty fines.

Fines which, incidentally, can go towards funding comprehensive healthcare reform!

Old 11-21-2007, 06:39 PM

Quote:
The Government should work with employers on that. Giving health care to children living with their parents under 18 is a must though, children should not suffer.
The government has been working on the issue for decades. Health insurance is very expensive.

My father has owned his own business for 35 years. He has three employees besides himself. He used to offer health insurance to his employees even though he was not then and is still not legally required to do so. He had to stop offering insurance. He agonized over the decision and felt guilty about it for a long time, but costs got to a point where he just couldn't maintain profitability in his business AND offer health insurance. He had to decide between being able to pay his employees a fair salary and make enough money to support his family and offering health insurance. Now...what if the government ORDERED him to do so? He'd close his business and four people would lose their jobs, and four families would lose their means of support. Since most businesses in America are small businesses, this scenario would be repeated ad nauseam across the country.

Knowing this, what would you propose the government do?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration