U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Should Anchor Babies go back to their Mother's Home Country when the Parent is deported?
The Baby is a US Citizen, it should stay in America 9 11.11%
The Mother Should decide 19 23.46%
The baby should be forced to leave with the deported Mother 53 65.43%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-18-2007, 04:24 PM
 
Location: Southern Arizona
9,389 posts, read 26,653,516 times
Reputation: 10862

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
If the mother is deported and she leaves her baby here, what does that say about the mother?
Excellent point, saltine!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-18-2007, 08:41 PM
 
1,474 posts, read 2,060,350 times
Reputation: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
no we dont. its part of the constitution. what we need to change is our immigration policy.
Its an AMENDMENT to the constitution that came about as a direct result of the American civil war and was used to FORCE the souther states to grant citizen ship and other basic rights to the freed blacks.

That AMENDMENT is no longer necessary as it accomplished its intended purpose and there for could be amended again
It righted a great wrong, don't lets use it to now perpetuate another great wrong
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2007, 08:56 AM
 
Location: San Diego North County
4,800 posts, read 7,866,220 times
Reputation: 3012
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
any examples?
One of the Fourteenth Amendment's key authors, Michigan Senator Jacob Howard explained in 1866 that the citizenship clause, intended to ensure the rights of former slaves and their children, "would not, of course, include persons born in the United States who are the children of foreigners, aliens, or who belong to families of ambassadors or foreign ministers accredited to the Government of the United States..."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2007, 09:02 AM
 
Location: Southern Arizona
9,389 posts, read 26,653,516 times
Reputation: 10862
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
One of the Fourteenth Amendment's key authors, Michigan Senator Jacob Howard explained in 1866 that the citizenship clause, intended to ensure the rights of former slaves and their children, "would not, of course, include persons born in the United States who are the children of foreigners, aliens, or who belong to families of ambassadors or foreign ministers accredited to the Government of the United States..."
WOW, Kele . . . that's a great find.

Thanks for sharing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2007, 09:36 AM
 
1,861 posts, read 3,024,986 times
Reputation: 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
One of the Fourteenth Amendment's key authors, Michigan Senator Jacob Howard explained in 1866 that the citizenship clause, intended to ensure the rights of former slaves and their children, "would not, of course, include persons born in the United States who are the children of foreigners, aliens, or who belong to families of ambassadors or foreign ministers accredited to the Government of the United States..."
Yes, I read that, too. Too bad our Supreme Court misinterpreted it, probably because of some politically correct agenda.

It is abused BECAUSE citizenship should not go to a baby of someone who walked over the border for one day to have said baby. It's STUPID - that is not what citizenship is about - it is about paying taxes, fighting in our wars, and contributing to our society. These people are only doing it to get BENEFITS.

It's a disgusting misuse of our laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2007, 09:39 AM
 
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
63 posts, read 155,632 times
Reputation: 37
Default Seperating Child from Mom is Cruel and Unusual Punishment

These are American kids we're talking about and it is up to the adults in their environment (that means us) to do what is best for them. Regardless of how they came to be, the end result is that they are American and it would be cruel and unusual punishment to either put these kids in foster care, seperate them from their parents or force them to live in 3rd world conditions back in their parents' originating country.

Its time for us to get over this illegal immigration issue... its too late now to start enforcing laws that are cruel and un-Christian like (yes, I'm playing the Christ card). We (American Citizenry) sat back and allowed corporate take over of government so corporations could rule the land and stuff their pockets and move our jobs overseas for cheap labor and give jobs to illegal immigrants so they could undercut their fellow citizenry. Don't blame poor people looking for a better life for themselves and their children for the follies of the US government, the Mexican government and ourselves (yes, us! open borders, hiring of illegal immigrants and corporate take over of government has been going on since the Reagan Whitehouse. we allowed this by not paying attention.)

Don't seperate parents from their children and don't force American kids into poverty. Buck up, be the good Christians I know many of you long to be and start working on a fair and balanced immigration reform with an eventual path to Amnesty. Also check out/google this: (NAU) North American Union...
You'll only be delaying the inevitable if you force these folks out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2007, 09:50 AM
 
Location: Southern Arizona
9,389 posts, read 26,653,516 times
Reputation: 10862
Quote:
Originally Posted by christine243 View Post
Don't seperate parents from their children and don't force American kids into poverty. Buck up, be the good Christians I know many of you long to be and start working on a fair and balanced immigration reform with an eventual path to Amnesty. Also check out/google this: (NAU) North American Union...

You'll only be delaying the inevitable if you force these folks out.
Really, Christine?

Your approach would not only encourage more illegals to enter this country but would be a blatant condoning of illegal and deceitful behavior? What other behavior would you consider "ok" to accept and condone?

Unfortuntely, the children are the losers in this fiasco but let's not blame the citizens of the United Sates . . . BLAME THE ILLEGALS WHO CHOSE THEIR DESTINY! Allowing any of them to stay would be condoning their criminal actions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2007, 10:20 AM
 
1,861 posts, read 3,024,986 times
Reputation: 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by christine243 View Post
These are American kids we're talking about and it is up to the adults in their environment (that means us) to do what is best for them. Regardless of how they came to be, the end result is that they are American and it would be cruel and unusual punishment to either put these kids in foster care, seperate them from their parents or force them to live in 3rd world conditions back in their parents' originating country.

Its time for us to get over this illegal immigration issue... its too late now to start enforcing laws that are cruel and un-Christian like (yes, I'm playing the Christ card). We (American Citizenry) sat back and allowed corporate take over of government so corporations could rule the land and stuff their pockets and move our jobs overseas for cheap labor and give jobs to illegal immigrants so they could undercut their fellow citizenry. Don't blame poor people looking for a better life for themselves and their children for the follies of the US government, the Mexican government and ourselves (yes, us! open borders, hiring of illegal immigrants and corporate take over of government has been going on since the Reagan Whitehouse. we allowed this by not paying attention.)

Don't seperate parents from their children and don't force American kids into poverty. Buck up, be the good Christians I know many of you long to be and start working on a fair and balanced immigration reform with an eventual path to Amnesty. Also check out/google this: (NAU) North American Union...
You'll only be delaying the inevitable if you force these folks out.

First of all, I don't consider them "American" no matter what the law says - it's WRONG. They should not be given instant citizenship for having their mother cross the border for one day to use our hospitals FREE (btw).

And, why would we be forcing them to live in 3rd world conditions? The people of Mexico should be fighting their OWN government for their rights; not OUR government. Mexico is a rich country; and the people ought to do their uprisings there. It is not OUR fault that these conditions exist next door. And, we are not responsible for taking care of all the poor from Mexico - Mexico is responsible for their own poor. We have enough of our own here in the U.S. We do not separate their families - they do, by coming here illegally.

Besides, not everyone follows a Christian path, and would disagree with that argument.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2007, 10:21 AM
 
Location: Little Pond Farm
559 posts, read 1,211,185 times
Reputation: 496
Default Anchor Babies

Anchor Baby Power

Anchor babies are just part of the plan to take over the USA without ever having to declare war.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2007, 10:31 AM
 
Location: Colorado
10,017 posts, read 17,021,492 times
Reputation: 2109
Exactly why the law needs to be changed and fast. And being "Christian" doesnt mean you need to be taken advantage of. Their mothers chose their fate, looking to mooch off their kids citizenship and the benefits. I am all for helping the poor, but sorry being taken advantage of and having them expect and demand us too is not right at all. It needs to stop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:03 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top