Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 07:12 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,845,137 times

Advertisements

WASHINGTON (AP) — At least eight Democratic members of the House were among about 200 people arrested Tuesday after they blocked a main street near the Capitol during a massive rally seeking to push Republicans to hold a vote on a stalled immigration reform bill.

Police would not identify those arrested. Representatives of the social policy organization Center for Community Change and The Associated Press witnessed the arrests of Reps. John Lewis, D-Ga.; Luis Gutiérrez, D-Ill.; Raúl Grijalva, D-Ariz.; Keith Ellison, D-Minn.; Joseph Crowley and Charles Rangel, both D-N.Y.; Al Green, D-Texas; and Jan Schakowsky, D-Ill.,

Police arrest 8 House members at immigration rally

I just hope the repubs DON'T give in to those people and I'd like to see ALL of those arrested Congressmen do some serious jail time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2013, 11:47 AM

5,297 posts, read 7,595,249 times
I have been watching Luis Gutierrez on Fox News and he gives me a pain in the...you know what.

Old 10-09-2013, 11:59 AM

62,647 posts, read 28,822,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
I have been watching Luis Gutierrez on Fox News and he gives me a pain in the...you know what.
I agree. That fake toothy grin of his makes me want to upchuck. What is wrong with these congressmen openly violating our laws for all the American people to see? What kind of an example are they setting?

Old 10-09-2013, 01:11 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,695,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I agree. That fake toothy grin of his makes me want to upchuck. What is wrong with these congressmen openly violating our laws for all the American people to see? What kind of an example are they setting?
Maybe because they are not cold hearted like some of the people on city data..I mean Pfan said he hoped they did serious jail time...seriously? Yeah, there is a lot of hate in your heart buddy.

Old 10-09-2013, 01:12 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,695,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
WASHINGTON (AP) — At least eight Democratic members of the House were among about 200 people arrested Tuesday after they blocked a main street near the Capitol during a massive rally seeking to push Republicans to hold a vote on a stalled immigration reform bill.

Police would not identify those arrested. Representatives of the social policy organization Center for Community Change and The Associated Press witnessed the arrests of Reps. John Lewis, D-Ga.; Luis Gutiérrez, D-Ill.; Raúl Grijalva, D-Ariz.; Keith Ellison, D-Minn.; Joseph Crowley and Charles Rangel, both D-N.Y.; Al Green, D-Texas; and Jan Schakowsky, D-Ill.,

Police arrest 8 House members at immigration rally

I just hope the repubs DON'T give in to those people and I'd like to see ALL of those arrested Congressmen do some serious jail time.
Two words...UNCONDITIONAL SURRENDER..

Old 10-09-2013, 02:22 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,165,775 times
Mr. Rangel certainly deserves some jail time but for past crimes such as tax evasion when he sat on the ways and means committee.

Old 10-09-2013, 03:37 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,720,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackscorpion View Post
Maybe because they are not cold hearted like some of the people on city data..I mean Pfan said he hoped they did serious jail time...seriously? Yeah, there is a lot of hate in your heart buddy.
favoring American citizens over people who would turn America into the same marxist failed state they ran from is not cold hearted..you love their nations and cultures, go live there.

Old 10-09-2013, 04:09 PM

62,647 posts, read 28,822,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
favoring American citizens over people who would turn America into the same marxist failed state they ran from is not cold hearted..you love their nations and cultures, go live there.
It is also not cold hearted to oppose illegal immigration and amnesty for immigration lawbreakers. Come here legally or don't come at all or expect to be rewarded for not coming here legally.

Old 10-09-2013, 05:31 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,527,709 times
Perhaps we should send those congress critters to the nation of origin for the illegals and not let them back here until they truly understand what the illegals are trying to make us into.

Old 10-09-2013, 06:13 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,845,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackscorpion View Post
Scorpion: there's NOTHING "cold hearted" about wanting ILLEGAL aliens out of the US. If you're gonna go there: ALL countries don't play well with illegals and usually deport or at least jail them on sight.

Maybe we need to do to illegals what Mexico does to theirs; it ain't real nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration