Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 07:35 AM

1,211 posts, read 1,485,305 times

Advertisements

[quote=Travelling fella;2104616]Dear junkman I'm not illegal sympathizer, I'm anti illegal immigration, because no human being should be illegal, we are slaves!! all of us!!!, think about it.

we are slaves of patriotism, prisioners of the state, the boot of patriotism is over our chests and the chains of the state don't let us think or react in a better way, it is sick!!

Patriotism, can justify criminalizing people, invading other countries for greed, and a lot of social diseases

let's break free!

Make it happen

"Unfortunately, the majority of illegal aliens who are here
are engaged in criminal activity. Identity theft, use of
fraudulent social security numbers and green cards, tax
evasion, driving without licenses represent some of the
crimes that are engaged in by the majority of illegal aliens
on a daily basis merely to maintain and hide their illegal
status. In addition, violent crime and drug distribution and
possession is also prevalent among illegal aliens. Over 25%
of today's federal prison population are illegal aliens. In some
areas of the country, 12% of felonies, 25% of burglaries and
34% of thefts are committed by illegal aliens."

If these illegal aliens were stop at the border and did not get into America the crimes they do to us could not be done. MOD CUT

Last edited by NewToCA; 11-28-2007 at 07:47 AM.. Reason: rude
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2007, 03:29 PM

185 posts, read 354,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
If your claiming that US citizens are being kidnapped in the USA, and taken over the border, I would like to see the reference. We had an extensive discussion about this a few weeks ago and the claim was never substantiated. I believe the focus was the Laredo area, but if you have something showing this is actually happening, I would welcome the reference.

TV Press Release - Missing Americans

Old 11-28-2007, 03:34 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,031,952 times
Thank you cribster -- I knew I saw that story somewhere.

Old 11-28-2007, 03:37 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,129,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cribster View Post
In looking at this site I'm not getting the linkage to my question. Is this showing folks who have gone to Mexico and are now missing? Is it showing folks kidnapped and missing in the US? Is it showing folks missing from the US and taken to Mexico?

My question pertained only to the last situation. If this site demonstrates this is happening, can you specify the area in the site discussing this?

Old 11-28-2007, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Thank you cribster -- I knew I saw that story somewhere.
Your welcome. I'm sure there's more info, that's the first one that came up in a search.

Old 11-28-2007, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
Dear Starwalker are these official sites from the Mexican government?

Instituto Nacional de Migración - México (broken link) (The information's in english)

Really if USA inmigration laws were that easy and simple, illegal immigration would be reduced 95%

Most of the people who immigrate illegally do so because it's impossible for them to do it legally, that's why I believe that maybe some kind of deal between our countries which gave people an special migratory status would be more effective, but there is still too much distrust to do it, we need to change that
I appreciate your compassion Travelling Fella but mine lies with American citizens.

We take in 2 million LEGAL immigrants every year, more than every country on the planet combined!! The Gumball video guy says a good amount is around 265,000, this way we can keep up with the required infrastructure and give them a chance to assimilate. Lets say he's understating the number and 500,000 immigrants a year would be healthy. We're still 1 1/2 million above the inflated number.

This is not even counting about 1.5 million visa holders, many of which permanently overstay their visas. Now add to that 3 million ILLEGAL aliens and we have a disaster in the making. When people get something valuable for free they tend to expect more, if they have to work for something they appreciate what they got.

We need to reduce legal immgration if we are to sustain our culture. I believe Hispanics account for 80% of ALL immigrants. How is that fair to the people who want to come here from the rest of the world?

Old 11-28-2007, 04:04 PM

28,846 posts, read 30,106,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkman18 View Post
The rest of America may very well be on it's way to becoming the Next
California if Illegal Immigration isn't stopped.

We are a Nation of Laws and these laws must be obeyed.

California Shows Results of Illegal Aliens
Date published: 4/1/2007

This in response to the letter to the editor from Alicia Payne
["Legislators, we want to see how you vote on illegals," March 23].

Ms. Payne ended her letter with a phrase that formerly made my blood
boil--"Do we want Virginia to become another California?"

Our immigration-driven population grew by 4 million in the past decade, and
at current rates will increase by 6 million at the next census.

In spite of that population increase, more than 80 emergency rooms closed
because of nonpaying patients.

California's prisons are bursting at the seams, with the nation's highest
recidivism rate. We have the highest teen-birth and school-dropout rates.

Of our 6.5 million students, 2.5 million are in Limited English Proficient
classes (California has one third of the nation's total LEP students).

Even though we passed a citizen initiative making English the state's
language, our out-of-control legislators have held debates in the capitol in
Spanish.

The FBI estimates that half of the more than 100,000 gangsters in Los
Angeles County are deportable illegal aliens who outgun the police.

Well, you get the idea why I no longer take offense when people use my
once-Golden State as the bad example that your state will follow into chaos
if you allow the corrupting system of illegal immigration to become more
established in your state than it already may be.

Fredericksburg.com - California shows results of illegal aliens

Fantastic post, your getting reps from me...yanno, American's are actually sitting back and thinking, it ain't really happening...well, it is, and you did your homework well!!!!!

thank you
Creme

Old 11-28-2007, 04:19 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,410,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cribster View Post
I appreciate your compassion Travelling Fella but mine lies with American citizens.

We take in 2 million LEGAL immigrants every year, more than every country on the planet combined!! The Gumball video guy says a good amount is around 265,000, this way we can keep up with the required infrastructure and give them a chance to assimilate. Lets say he's understating the number and 500,000 immigrants a year would be healthy. We're still 1 1/2 million above the inflated number.

This is not even counting about 1.5 million visa holders, many of which permanently overstay their visas. Now add to that 3 million ILLEGAL aliens and we have a disaster in the making. When people get something valuable for free they tend to expect more, if they have to work for something they appreciate what they got.

We need to reduce legal immgration if we are to sustain our culture. I believe Hispanics account for 80% of ALL immigrants. How is that fair to the people who want to come here from the rest of the world?
Hmmm I wonder how can we send some to Mexico or to Brazil instead, if there was a way to create a network and relocating people where their skills would be needed and well paid, things would be much better.

Btw about the culture, I don't think a culture can die, because what stays in the heart is never forgotten they mutate and evolve though and imho we are building a global culture.

see some pictures of the global electronic music for example, the people that you see in the parties, keep going around the world, it doesn't matter where you are, you'll always fit in

These are mass migrations

Source: Trancers guide to the galaxy.

The Trancers Guide To The Galaxy - News

Psychedelic trance culture in the USA

Mexico

Canada

Brazil

India

Finland

Israel

Japan

Lebanon

Are we in the dawn of a new era? new cultures, new societies, more spirituality? imho we are and we are just experiencing some growing pains, it's only natural and some karmas are still to be paid but we are getting there

This era is on it's baby steps now, but it's starting to rediscover spiritual tools like meditation

Old 12-04-2007, 09:46 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,019,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lala_ThesadJoker View Post
they try to reach their dreams..but once again..no fair in this world

and..is there another word to call them??
just stop call them alien!
they are human..alien is just for evil human
I refer to trespassers here in the USA as illegal immigrants.

Old 12-04-2007, 11:16 PM

788 posts, read 2,105,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
I started this thread because even though, because we might have different views about illegal immigration and that's ok.

But sometimes I feel bad when I read these kind of threads

http://www.city-data.com/forum/immig...legal-wth.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/immig...osts-http.html

specially when people stay with the idea that, that is Mexican thought

You know, I feel bad about illegal immigration, but I feel worse if people remain with the wrong idea of Mexican culture or Mexican citizens.

I wish there were more people from Mexico here, citizens so you could know what I'm talking about, but please as your friend think about this don't judge Mexico for the illegal immigrants

I promise you my friends that if I ever hear anyone from any country saying something about America without having met an american I'm gonna defend you tooth and nail

I wish we had more control over who just breaks in, but the truth is we don't, although if I ever meet a person with those ideas I'm gonna lecture him/her on why it's wrong. There aren't many would be emigrants where I live though.

But hey, look at our country, it's us the middle class, who break our backs everyday the ones who are turning things around.
I agree with you. Most people I know who are opposed to illegal immigration have Mexican friends and don't assume that they came here illegally. Often, those who embrace hatred toward a particular group because of skin color or country of origin tend to be the most vocal, but that doesn't mean that the majority of people agree.

I'm all for all of us embracing our diverse society, allowing for everyone to live in peace and practice our own customs in peace. I'm just opposed to change happening too quickly and with no control, as is the case with current illegal immigration. But I talk to many people who are clearly of hispanic descent on a daily basis, and never assume that they are here illegally. Some might be, but who am I to judge based on what they look like?

I've known many people over the years who gave me a great impression of Mexicans. It's unfortunate that the illegal immigration situation, which for me is mainly an economic issue, becomes a racial issue for some.

Thanks for posting
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration